My Blog List

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

searching for pussy willows

Stella dropped by- we decided to go on a hunt for pussy willows. In the past I knew of three places to cut them. One mile away, in the village where I once lived, they grew abundantly by the wet land and bay.
 

The marsh is safe from people, We built a floating walk way across  so that we could study samples of crawly things in the water as well as botany- didn't last long but then, we only had a few tools and only used found wood- our "furniture" was drift wood.

The trees are gone, things change so rapidly. I am sure that the pussy willows were very old and had had their time pumping out pussies every year. Willow trees do not last forever.

"I know a little pussy, her coat is silver grey, she lives out in the meadow and she'll never run away. She's just a little pussy, she 'll never be a cat- cause she's a pussy willow- What do you think of that!"


We drove through the neighborhood in between our house and the bay searching, searching...no pussies.
I was totally distracted by the amazing clouds -  perfection with crisp edges, nearly solid! Could lick them like ice cream if I had a ladder.

"If you you go out in the woods today , you're sure of a big surprise"

This cloud is looking for the  teddy bear's picnic! The most bear-ish cloud I have ever seen.

Stella brought a tiny Easter basket - adorable , the chick is my favorite part, looking a bit like Morris Graves, " Bird Experiencing Light ".   

Same sort of "wow" expression.  I, too, am experiencing  WOW with my new vision in one eye, success! The intensity of clear vision is startling !  I am writing this without glasses on! There are many floaters  but nothing like before. While in the waiting area there were seven people with detached or torn retinas. Whoa, that is something to pay attention to as the surgery to reattach them has to be done immediately. Those folks got in licketty split - some in the middle of the night. For months after, the patient can not even climb a hill let alone fly. Fragile!! Eyes!! Being blind has got to be the worst!



Flora Jane with her Stella bunny. 


Alfalfa hair- do, most adorable thing I have seen all day!

Take care of your vision, do not look at a republican,  or a fundamental christian, if you can help it. Damage!!

This is pretty damned amazing! 

17 comments:

  1. If you want to head down to Silverdale, I have a pussy willow. It has lost a few limbs recently, but it is still alive.

    Flora is completely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the generous offer- Silverdale is wayeee too far to travel for a stick with fuzzy blobs.

      Delete
  2. Flora is amazing, your improved eyesight is amazing, those clouds are amazing- ALL of it, amazing!
    You know what else is amazing? The box I got in the mail today. Woman! I can't take all the goodness! Thank you so much.
    And yeah, that speech is powerful. What a woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that you of all people would appreciate baby flora with a bunny, I mean really!!! Seeing is believing!! Glad the box made it- hope it is not too much clutter for the girl!

      Delete
  3. Florida is just getting more bizarrely stupid by the minute!! Please STOP!! I can't even...is it something in the water? They all lost their minds entiresly? Sweet baby Jesus, take this burden away!
    Flora Jane is very zen about the whole thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Linda Sue! You can see again! I just exhaled for you. Flora's a little doll baby person. So precious. And so is eyesight! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello MY Karen!! Yay, my eye works so well I can see individual leaves, it is nearly overwhelming having been so blind for so long! I can READ a book!! Born again, sister- praise the lard!!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad your vision is looking up! I don't ever see pussy willows around here, but I do recognize that honesty flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "looking up" indeed, did you intend to do that? sight is never over rated! Thanks for recognizing the honesty flower, I will go back and bring it home, they grow wild down by the bay!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderfully wild place you explored! I will tell you that my curiosity sent me on a google search for pussy willows, and I accidentally searched "pussy pillows". Ooh, the things people sell on Etsy and whatnot!

    I'm glad your eyes have improved! Look at sweet Flora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear, I can only imagine a pussy pillow, ewww I am thinking.
      Flora is so perfect in every way I just have to pinch her to make sure she is real....(not really)

      Delete
  7. I watched the speech this morning. That woman is a force.
    I had a pussy willow tree in my back yard once, at my first house. Started it from a twig.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Linda Sue! You can see again! I just exhaled for you. Flora's a little doll baby person. So precious. And so is eyesight! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So that's where teddy bears go when they die. Up into the clouds.
    Flora is so sweet with the bunny. I have never seen a pussy willow, I shall google and see what they look like. I'm still able to see, but should probably get the cataracts checked to see how they are developing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you can see! And I adore the Alfalfa hair! She's such a beauty. Love pussy willows and hope to find them at the market soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a wonderful thing to get up one day and use your agency to go out and look for pussy willows. Even better, with eyesight newly bright to take in the glorious world. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for clear vision. My brother had a retina detach spontaneously in his early 20s. At least I don't think someone punched him, no black eye. Got it fixed right away. Helps to have your father be a doctor. All kinds of ins with the medical community.

    ReplyDelete