My Blog List

Sunday, June 24, 2018

good news, felted bouquet, and my left eye



Felted bouquet, Stabbing madly, such excellent therapy!

Trying to realize a better perspective, head above water- NOT listening to anything except BBC World Service, which is calming in comparison to NPR or  corporate media.
Wool , for me, absorbs angst, anger, melancholy, and turns it into something acceptable, and don't you just LOVE that ruby color! 
Only have a tiny bit, but a tiny bit does  ALL the pizazz  and makes me exclaim, "OOoooo" I am feeling it!



This is the good news. Just in time for climate change as the sun will shine more , they say, and  take out the melanin challenged . I am so white I am see through, I love the sun but if I am out under it for longer than a nano second , My pasty skin blisters. No tan for this albino, ever. 
I carry the burden/guilt of being too damned white, having it so easy this lifetime. Never having to think about police, prejudice toward me for just being born...my white arsed life has been gravy, I know it , am shamed  but kind of grateful because I know that I am too wimpy to be any other color. 
So, I reckon, that the balance can not tip fast enough, White folks have been fairly terrible throughout history- no need to state the obvious, but I did anyway.






This photo (below) is much like what my left eye sees. My right eye compensates pretty well and the brain sorts it out as best it can, but, if I close my right eye, my world becomes a wavy , undulating , deep sea experience.
The so called doctor fried my macula during cataract removal. I felt it happening.  It was like the film burning at the movie theater back in the day.
Good thing I have two eyes- and an over achieving brain - the degeneration will become worse as the years roll by,  and center vision in that eye will be gone. There is no fix, yet, though stem cell science may happen in time to save others from macular degeneration.
If you live under the sun, and you are too white, wear sun glasses. Eat green stuff and ,no kidding, carrots! And always research your doctors.


7 comments:

  1. beautiful bouquet! and this white person (UK, Germany, Scandinavia) will be happy when whites are no longer the majority here. no need to feel ashamed of the color of the skin you were born with, shame is only for how you conduct yourself. I live under the sun. I'll burn but not easily but I don't keep a tan either. so sorry about your eye! maybe you should sport a pirate patch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pirate patch could be a good look! Thank you for that. My rational thought is that , no , we need feel no shame- sins of our fathers , and all...BUT my heart breaks every f-n day - my non-color responsible- you know?

      Delete
  2. How I envy your fingers. I never succeeded at felting. I would take that roving and spin wild and crazy yarn to knit into sweaters, but could never felt a square inch.
    I decided, independently, that the country and the world would turn brown, probably in my life time I figured it out for the purpose of convincing my brother to cease being an effing racist bigot who would die with his guns in his hands. That was years ago and I never succeeded. That headline amused me.Too late for my brother, who died several years ago. No idea where the guns went.
    i'm looking at your flowers as I type. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your brother never reckoned- and never got the chance to see the country turn a more reasonable brown. But we are still here, and the news is good.
      I really want to knit, maybe this winter I will give it another try. I will need to muster ALL of my patience! Felting is instant gratification and mindless, no math involve, no pattern- just rapid stabbing! Thank you for liking the flowers.

      Delete
  3. You know, I saw that story in the Times, and I wondered why they even did it. It seemed to me to be "bait" for people who are race-conscious to panic. Who cares whether one racial group is declining and another is growing, especially when so many people are intermarried these days and their children are combinations of two (or more) races? I wonder if that kind of news coverage is more divisive than helpful.

    I've been getting a lot of sun this week, out in the garden, and I should probably be concerned about what it's doing to my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are probably right, white fear bait...BUT I do like the trend. especially up here in the north- in Bellingham, color is hard to find- soda cracker mecca, it seems. Any news like this makes me glad.
    Your skin will likely not show any sun damage unless , while living in Florida, you burned , as a child. I did, in Wyoming- where the sky is not cloudy all day, I burned to a crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete