Ok , since we are not going to talk about that right now with our hearts so sore- first we will have tea, the very last of Fortnum and Mason that I brought back from London. Then I will take you to the thrift store where Florida mice from 1970 are on the top shelf. The thrift store is a mind numbing wander, badly needed-A reprieve from mental and emotional anguish and better than, say, the fentanyl fold . Choose your form of escape wisely...
Hard plastic 10.5" banks created by Roy Des for promos- Cheerleader mouse , where you store your nickles to eventually start a savings account in the grown up bank. How did Florida mice end up here some 56 years later to be top shelf material in the thrift shop? That is a long way to travel for a mouse. The mice are elderly, a few scuffs and one running around naked, as is the custom for elderly senile mice. I have no nickles to save so I left the mice behind but did buy BUTTONS!Tidily stitched on paper/card, organized , lovely vintage buttons- $2.99.
These look like dentures! I could use them for mouths of felted bears...Thinking, always thinking. Possibilities.
I bought a cool wooden toy for Emmett and these crochet tulips to go with the velvet potted tulips for the littles for springtime.
That was my escape from the horror - the tip of the iceberg yet to come- yet to be. Project 2025 is moving an accelerated clip , getting everything in motion before the election and before their prop dies ( please make that soon) and before people catch up . Democrats in congress still think that "rules and laws" apply. They still think that the constitution is more than butt wipe. They are wrong and they are us.This is the incel murderer, no name yet just "agent". He looks to be twelve years old- ICE is enticing with money and power and freedom to do as you wish because Noem has your back. Congress has her back and they are all onboard.
I will "button" my lip before I get into real trouble, good trouble, they say. Granny got a boom boom! Granny got a BAM.
Sorry, I said I would not go there -









You want that animal's name? Here you go. Jonathon Ross. https://www.newsweek.com/jonathan-ross-ice-agent-shooting-minneapolis-minnesota-11332093
ReplyDeleteoh -I see- he had a vendetta- plus military training- plus tiny dick syndrome. My hope is that Jonathan Ross will suffer for the rest of his life. We know that there is no beyond, like a hell, for instance- all we have is this life- we put a pox on Johnathan Ross! There will be no justice...
DeleteLove the tulips! The mice? Meh. The buttons however, are beautiful!! I should buy more buttons. I should have a collection for the twins to sift through and sort if they ever visit. I usually go to their home where buttons would be lost before I could blink.
ReplyDeleteThe twins would love going through a variety of cool buttons! I always have. I wonder how many buttons have been swallowed by little people- they do look like sweets.
DeleteICE is trigger happy. I hope there is lots of fall-out. People need to pay attention. Let's acknowledge, there is nothing right about what has happened.
ReplyDeleteI love old buttons and have my great, great aunt's large button collection. She could design and make anything on her sewing machine. She saved buttons her entire life. As a child I spent time helping her organize button sets. Old buttons are great quality. You hit the jackpot buying old buttons.
I wish that you had saved your Aunt's buttons- they must have been wonderful as buttons go. I am jealous of your Aunt's ability to design and to sew anything- I struggle!
DeleteYou won't get in trouble with me. It's unconsciounable and heartbreaking. I am so angry on this. And now the investigation ahs been taken away from MN. But your buttons were a perfect find. And you're right -- we DO need a little sparkle (which is the justification I use for leaving my tree up!)
ReplyDeleteIf glitter were not so bad for environmental reason I think that mace or bear spray full of glitter may deter ICE agents and shit police for long enough to run away- PINK glitter, the sort that is impossible to get off of clothing and craggy faces! Protesters must protect their bodies and faces- who knows what is next. Battery acid?
DeleteI too am overwhelmed by the tragedies of this week...need to take a break I guess and come back swinging. "Maybe the Angry Women" is coming Sunday. Sigh. Until then I can't do a thing. Frozen I feel. OK, answer your blog first. Love shiny things, and I happen to have a lot of rhinestone earrings that I picked up when I worked in assisted living. At that place the elder ladies liked to wear bling to dinner or even afternoon parties. I don't have any of those. Mmm...what to do with the earrings!
ReplyDeleteYour ear rings are probably coveted by the ETSY crowd or the "make things" crafts people. Stella used costume jewelry to make framed Christmas scenes to sell at Assistance league this year. They were successful and brought in some cash for charity. The old 1950''s Bejeweled christmas trees on velvet in a frame seem to be trending as well. Everything old is new again?
DeleteThese wicked times are trying like hell to dis empower woman- I love your posts, gets the spark burning - a fire that will not be damped!
And this is the most terrifying thing I could imagine:
ReplyDeleteAsked in a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times if there were any limits on his global powers, Mr. Trump said: “Yeah, there is one thing. My own morality. My own mind. It’s the only thing that can stop me.”
I do not even need to point out he has absolutely no morality and whatever was once functional in his mind has disappeared into the darkness of dementia.
Buttons are magic.
We are all living in the fucked up brain of a tyrant- insanity is not a comfortable place. Yet here we are.His body will not support his fuckery much longer but the disease is well established. Of course I blame the voters, the dumb asses and the Democrats tip toeing around thier unawareness and rules/laws- "you can't do that! It is against the laws, against the constitution, against all that is holy!" Trump- "hold my Diet Coke"...And they did. So, what now? History repeats...
DeletePush the button?
I knew a guy in my working life who collected buttons. He had thousands. Showed us his collection once. Some awesome examples. I have a handful of mother of pearl buttons in different shapes that I want to use for something but what?
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be a bad year the closer we get to the midterms which may not happen. We are fucked. The world will be uniting against us this next time. It's a good time to be old.
This is the rolling boiling of the frog year, heat turned up just enough to not kill us but to make us mighty uncomfortable. Our generation has been fighting all our lives for justice, equality, common sense-Making slow progress- we are tired- and then the fascist came in through fuckery and, bullshit, duped the people and that is that. ,. Police state Take a bow Patriarchy...
DeleteMy husband made me quite a few earrings from suitable buttons! In the ones you show here I could see the ones with blue stones around the outside looking good!
ReplyDeleteJanF
Your husband was clever! That would be such a grand gift. Buttons are full of posibilities. I love the ones that look gummy toothy!
DeleteThose gummy ones are great! Can't wait to see what a dentist's wife makes with those!
DeleteJanF
Buttons cheer me up and on!
ReplyDeleteThose pink ones with tiny teeth are unsettling!
Did the designer think of that, ya wonder?
I’d love to see them in a felted creature’s mouth 😄
You are going to be needing a truck load of buttons, living in the war zone! Your city is a testing ground !
DeleteI can just see those button dentures enhancing the smile of a teddy bear. I like sparkly buttons, too, and glass buttons.
ReplyDeleteThe mice look cheerful, despite their over-sized ears. They must have enjoyed their travels.
Trumpolini's sycophants are sickening - not a backbone among them. Our government is pretty weak, but not venal, so far as we can tell.
Plus not every toddler man has a gun itching to murder anyone that moves.
DeleteHey Linda Sue, it's been a while since you posted, are you & Dennis OK?
ReplyDeleteStill alive!
DeleteI read your blog every day it’s perfect and yay for Imelda May!
ReplyDeleteIsn't she the BOMB!!!
DeleteOr rather, every day you post.
ReplyDeleteThat is generous of you!
Delete