Light ,from where ever it comes , catches my attention. Reflections from the tube vases just about sent me in to delirium- LIGHT!! Like FOOD! Like a drink of spring water -! I will gather all of the vitamin D I can from these little lights! Looks like a family of Tinker Bell's got caught in the tubes. I will keep that image and carry on, through the dark tedium of this exceptionally night- time- all -the- time , clammy, soaked , chill to the bone, climate.
We managed to get out of the house for Dennis's birthday. Oysters at this time of year are fabulous. A plate of yearlings, an ice cream sundae- and that was that. Dennis is three years from being 90. One would never guess to look at him! His wife, on the other hand, a generation less old than he, appears to be ancient. Still immature, though- a toy /play freak - like Santa Clause, grow old if you must but NEVER grow up. A motto to live/die by.
Taking a breather from so called news, terror, capital bullshit- demented dear leader walking into walls--- I am watching you tube- the New Yorker is my new fave- with their excellent content . And Barbara over at this location, has the most informative wonderful posts- lifts us up, steels convictions, gives us fire! Goddess reigns supreme.I went outside- brrrrr.
I found a bag ,intended to be for
Christmas ,in the back of my car . Chocolates! A surprise gift to myself, as all of our Christmas goodies have been consumed or given away. Tinker Bell family caught in glass tubes and chocolates will get me through yet another day of this fuggin- I -dunno, weather. If the micro penis masked nazi incels marched down our street, that would be the final straw. I would most certainly end up in jail. Which reminds me- I must go to the ammo store and buy glitter bear spray this week, maybe some spicy Mace.. Nice to have on hand.
Have a lovely sunny warm day! Remember to wear your maxi pad sticky side up to keep you in the right frame of mind for this battle we are facing. Never give up. Love you all!





Crow on top of a willow should signal something wonderful, I'm thinking. At least Tinker Bell and chocolates. That sounds so yummy. Thanks for the shout-out. Some days I feel I'm just spreading gloom and anxiety...which are completely understandable. Sitting in it up to my eyeballs...oh dear, with a maxipad stuck on my forehead probably! Use our creative imaginations to get through the tough times, is my best advice today. Laugh a little, or hysterically a lot! I vaguely remember oysters...mmm!
ReplyDeletemaxi pads sticky side up is guaranteed to make one a bit cranky- Any other statre of being these days will not fly! Thank you for all of your wonderful posts, Barb! I love your brain!
DeleteHappy Birthday to Dennis and congratulations to him for keeping so fit!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you were able to celebrate together. JanF
Not much of a "celebration" really. Just acknowledgement of another year of successfully breathing.
DeleteI am mentally sending you images of our bright blue sky and brilliant sunshine. I hope they arrive in time to save you. The flashes of light on those tubes is wonderful. Maxi pad sticky side up? Ouch..
ReplyDeleteThank you, I closed my eyes and saw what you have sent! Beautiful Australian winter!
DeleteBrilliant, you do make me laugh, I live in England but it fills me with fear and horror for what the good people of your country are going through. I'm imagining the maxi pad sticky side up, ouch, but hilarious image to induce rage at ICE. Nurture your wonderful sense of humour it is great armour against those humourless idiots in your government.
ReplyDeleteIf a sense of humor leaves- the next thing to follow would be life itself, I reckon. The absurdity in which we are living and doing fuck all about is Monty Pythonesque! No one would have this sort of imagination in fiction! Plastic surgery to attain Mara lago face??? Check your brain at the door politics.
DeleteI'm listening to crow right now, talking about her displeasure with the cold. For us! I always add that, don't I? Your crow pictures could illustrate an Edgar Allan Poe book of poetry. It's always so mysterious to me that someone with your own light lives in such a dark place.
ReplyDeleteI sincerely doubt that you look ancient. In fact, I know you don't.
Happy birthday to Dennis!
I'm glad you noted Barbara Roger's blog. I learn so much there.
Hang on, hang in. Spring will come and someday this regime will be gone. I have to believe that.
Nothing lasts forever- ask any native American, any holocaust survivor, Ask Romulus Augustulus...Ask those who are already six feet under- Just saying- "Someday" at this point holds no water. I am not keen on being dead before justice is served and common sense returns ( sort of) there is always insanity in the human world of things, although the earth itself is taking care of the species that created all of the ills. Climate change and the intenstity of our star will certainly cleanse the earth of this cancer.
DeleteBleak winter weather is always dispiriting. We're getting a lot of it now, after a week of bright sun but blistering cold. It's always something! As Ms Moon noted, spring will come soon enough, and eventually this awful political situation will end.
ReplyDeletethe weather is no conducive to production of a sunny disposition, is it?
DeleteHappy Belated to Dennis, I certainly hope I am doing as well and look as good as he does when I am 3 yrs from 90!
ReplyDeleteBook and cover comes to mind
DeleteCheers to Dennis. Keep up the good work and enjoy each day.
ReplyDeleteThe cold/damp Winter months are hard. No doubt about that.
Today is cold but sunny which is a nice reprieve.
Winter is an energy drain to be sure. Lack of color is cold porridge.
DeleteHappy birthday Dennis!
ReplyDeleteXoxo
Barbara
Cheers to Dennis. I hear you on needing the news break, though it's hard to turn off in some ways. Michigan, at least my part, sounds like the PNW. Lots of gray, little sun. You get a day or two of it and it is like a holiday. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteHe did have a nice birthday- siblings sent cards and calls, Sons called, -the guy is Benjamin Button - aging backwards, as is typical for Capricorns, they say. At this point every birthday is worthy of celebration- lived to tell the tale sort of deal! He gets younger by the minute!
Delete