Good morning. Yes it is dark and foggy. Fog is already burning off a bit and there is a lighter version of sky.
Today is the day to go out in the world, Ragfinery that has been closed for months now has finally opened in a new location.The new location is even closer to homeless hang outs which is concerning during these colder days. They must stay warm somehow and are not adverse to starting fires at the backs of businesses. That is how a block of businesses lost their lives a few years ago.
I watched the DOC last night on you tube- "Queen Mimi" . I do recommend it, softens one's heart . Empathy especially for those unable to control living situations, unable to control cash flow, given the boot by a cheating ass hole mean husband after 25 years of marriage . Mimi found an option through her willingness to give/trade/bring sunshine where she landed- which was a launderette in Santa Monica- her story is freaking amazing . She doth inspire- magnificently.
From the deck this morning, coffee in hand- dark but not freezing, Rather dreamy.
I came in from the deck and in my email was a blurb from Open Culture with a you tube video -
Of course no one could ever compete with the original but this has highly effective universal appeal.
Back in the day , Maristone Island, someone had a pocketful of Owsleys and a crate full of oranges. That was a fine day, Doors , Moody Blues , Moby Grape jacked up as loudly as the little speakers could go. Summertime on a vacated island, a cabin, cups of tea, sunshine, salt and goodwill . When I am in the throws of death I do hope that day comes back to me to lift me from this bag of meat and the gravity that sucks all of my weight to the ground .
Some devoted protestors went downtown the day after Renee's murder- admirable I must say. I am not that- I stayed home hiding behind a curtain of rain , grumbled - my hollow core of sadness could not hold me up. Went to bed- withdraw. Anyway I lifted these from my computer this morning.
We do what we can, aware of our limitations. Some folks like Queen Mimi take it on in her own quiet way, some rally the forces, some will ART,some get murdered. The feeling of sick , the lump in the throat sometimes subsides when anger and rage surface-can be useful when not misdirected, you know. I would much rather feel anger than despair . Rage motivates, despair consumes.
Look for the lighty brighty bits - the sparkly - on the sidewalk, in a jar, reflections. yesterday Dennis, with his hawk eye vision, found a rhinestone in the dirt. He is gifted that way if anyone can find a needle in a haystack he is the man! That actually happened long ago when his first wife lost her wedding ring in the barn stocked with hay for the horses.. Dennis found it without having to burn the barn down! Anyway, he found this shiny rhinestone- I thought it belonged to the bauble I had bought that is missing one - It was not that but it was a shiny little miracle.
That extraordinary talent made him the best Dentist in the universe. Detail, seeing the un-see-able, finding solutions. Out of the box super power! Sometimes he will come in with the tiniest glass bead the size of a pin head, on the end of his finger, "Is this yours"? Or a tiny screw the size of a newborn's thumbnail- "Did you lose this?"
In the time I have been sitting here with you - this happened!
A hole in the sky!LIGHT! and in the time it has taken for me to tell you about it, clouds once again moved in. BUT wasn't that stupendous! WOW! Teased by promise!








Great that the sky cleared, at least for a bit. What a good eye Dennis has, to find so many tiny things. Queen Mimi sounds interesting too!
ReplyDeleteBlue sky and sunshine, brief but did the trick! I left the house for the first time in weeks - It is probably normal to stay in the cave, though I would not know, I am not normal. I lost an entire day!
DeleteWhat a lovely bauble! Good for Dennis!
ReplyDeleteJessie and I gave our leftovers to a homeless guy outside a restaurant today. I wish I could have given him the leftovers AND had them myself. Not going to lie. They were good.
It's about to get very cold here and I just worry, worry. Where will all the people go who have no shelter?
A fire did indeed get started behind Glen's rental property in Tallahassee. It had been a camp of sorts.
delicious left overs for the guy in the street was just right! We've all done something similar I am sure. The women folk are kind! If given the choice of cold VS hot, you know that I would choose cold. I know hos to deal with that but HOT, nope. Other than sit all day in a tub of cold water, coping with Heat is something this old girl can not do. Sorry to hear that folk have to start fires there , just to keep from freezing to death behind a building. That is dangerous.
DeleteDennis is a magpie, perhaps? A most excellent bird!
ReplyDeleteExcellent vision for sure! I am in awe!
DeleteFingers crossed I think the next few days will have sunshine! JanF
ReplyDeleteDennis has the eyes of a hawk I think, to find such tiny things. The blue peeping through was lovely every second that it lasted.
ReplyDeleteBlue sky nearly knocked me out!
DeleteIt's nice to see that blue sky, a rare commodity there! Well done, Dennis. That's a good one! I didn't go to our last protest either (my reason was company was coming during that time). There is one January 20 and I'm nhoping the weather is decent. I've been Covid/Flu cautious and avoiding crowds as much as I can. But I do bombard our bad Rep on a regular basis. Right now that's what I can do.
ReplyDeleteYou are right to be cautious! There are other ways to protest than going out and endangering health...not sure what they might be- ART comes to mind.
DeleteAhhhh, the magic of the moment when the fog lifts! I remember it well.
ReplyDeleteI bet you do! Just one winter in the PNW leaves quite a mark in memory- It took me 15 years to just adjust to the damp and dark--52 years all together to adjust nearly completely...
DeleteI bet that rhinestone is from SOME bauble of yours, if not that particular one! I loved "Aunt Tifa's" sign. I would think twice about attending a protest these days. Scary stuff happens there.
ReplyDeleteYou are right= not for the faint of heart in most cities, though where we live is in a bubble- subdued excitement...
DeleteYou definitely get some heavy fog. I guess it makes you appreciate the blue sky and sunshine even more when the fog lifts. With each day we are a little bit closer to Spring, and with Spring, comes rebirth: tulips, daffodils, crocus...new leaf on trees and shrubs. Now, that is something I can get excited about.
ReplyDeleteDennis has the eyes of an eagle. Amazing.
Socked in for a good part of the winter this year- no snow reprieve...When the sky returns it is like Christmas morning! A good time to go out and be with people, everyone is happy! Remarkable that folks gathered so quickly after the murder of Renee- in the soggy dark streets of this town! Some have not lost passion!
DeleteLove the 'jewel' and the remarkable and unusual hyperfocus that your man must have.
ReplyDelete