In the yard a rangy looking deer mows the grass in the rain. The rain, the rain, the rain....
I went out in the rain and dark yesterday to go back to the Allied Arts market. One of the most expensive things was not on my receipt - I went back to pay for it. I bought a couple more birds on wood just for good measure. While paying I asked what percentage Allied Arts takes from the artist. 30%, plus fee for joining - plus rent for booth- plus working for free doing security and helping customers...A bit steep I would say, the artist makes fuck all. Not the best idea!
Drove home in the dark- in the rain- blind- I live for danger!
This afternoon I decided to make french bread that will not be consumed for another two days when everyone comes here for frolic and joy'. I haven't made french bread for so long ! Erik is not here to eat it- Dennis can not because - diabetes- shite disease! Anyway the bread turned out great in spite of me.
Tomorrow I will make cinnamon apples to have with Cost Co ham that Dennis bought and I will make a birthday cake.
-0-
Reincarnation is not much of a consideration here- the Ham will not be someone's Grampa. I just do not think that a human would ever reincarnate as a pig. What would be the point....Short incarnation , I'd say- as pigs are mighty delicious.
-0-
I bought another jumper for the orphans to squabble over. Lucky as they were all nearly gone- At least Allied Arts gets lots of traffic and an appreciative group of shoppers. I sort of went crazy there...but it is once a year so I can rationalize spending cash for weirdo stuff. Jumpers for orphans hats on crows, and a half moon sticker... MAD!
Who knows, things are going so wrong that this could well be our last christmas blow out. Trump could bomb everyone with one blast- he would like to , we know. Hope is that he will implode . Seems likely- his brain gave up long ago , now the rest of that fetid flesh bag must simply follow. Walking dead , I reckon. Changing the name of the JFK memorial center , adding his own is foretelling- It is a MEMORIAL - you have to be dead for that to apply. So, yeah, get on with it, donny and may you reincarnate as short lived bacon.
It is still raining - In the bleak mid winter.
I made a Thomas Brown tree with boughs in a basket- Sarah approved as Thomas did enjoy a good basket. I may add more tomorrow - the boughs are already droopy.








Your smaller racoon family sounds perfect.
ReplyDeleteAllied Arts is a real treasure trove of great finds. Finding unique handcrafted gifts is always my preference. I also like supporting talented artists.
Your French bread looks just like the bread seen in Paris shops. Superb.
Yes, we are astounded by the name change at the Kenedy Center. It now says: "Trump Kenedy Center." As soon as he leaves office, I suspect the name will be corrected.
There will be so much to undo when trump and his little gaggle of dim bulbs leaves this earth! It must be wuite breezy with the gigantic hole in the white house east wing rubble.
DeleteI like to suuport local artists as well. They are hungry and gifted and worthy! Allied arts seems to take advantage.
Do not wish for donny to become bacon, sales will PLUMMET! Nobody wants to eat that!!
ReplyDeleteI love the new orphan jumper, do they open in the back for easy put on and take off? I haven't eaten French Bread in years and certainly never made my own. I wish I could find the genuine article in shops and bakeries here.
The little hand knit jumpers are over the head , no opening other than that- they are perfect! French bread is the easiest to make- rarely fails as I can witness!
DeleteIs that an early birthday party?
ReplyDelete⭐️⭐️⭐️❤️❤️❤️Happy birthday 🎁 Linda Sue!
It actually made my day- all of those little faces- and my broom shooing them back to the forest. I do not feed the gang and the broom is a terrifying object to them. Off they scamper! Pu- thump pu-thimp.
DeleteWord has definitely gone out about the racoon cafe. Artists always get the short end. The fee for joining, ok, I get that. 30% and a booth fee? Not ok. Booth should be free.
ReplyDeleteAllied Arts used to be for the artists when they first organized back in the late 80's. But, you know, things get wonky when money is too mcuch of a goal. They are unappologetic . which is misspelled but I can't be bothered at the moment...
DeleteSeems like the artists end up paying more than they're getting. Artists always get the shit end of the stick, don't they?
ReplyDeleteI believe I would freak out if that many raccoons came to my house to beg. Like, "Oh my god! What have I created?"
Is it your birthday? I should know this. Whatever, that is beautiful bread and I'm sure your cake will be too. Cinnamon apples are the best. Pie without the crust. Cobbler without the topping.
And yes. Why did god make the pig so tasty if we weren't meant to eat it?
You have the best eye at finding the best things to be bought. No doubt because you are an artist.
The raccoons are not welcome- just the little family...so off they go as my broom terrifies them back into the forest. Erik says it is insane- but we know that sanity is overrated - to some degree...
DeleteBirthday is on the 23rd. Never a big deal because this time of year sucks for birthdays.
Actually I have never been fond of birthdays for anyone- I guess it is a measure of time on the planet but celebrating yourself is kind of silly. Celebrating the mother that made you is another thing- way more important.
Fabulous bread and fabulous basket! You are so creative.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday , not quite sure which day but know it's close. JanF
The bread is the easiest type to make- maybe that is why it is ubiquitous and cheap! It is great for sauces and gravy!
DeleteLove the little wooden dolls, and I am accepting your "jumpers" as the same as our sweaters! A jumper sits in the trunk of my car (not the boot) in case the battery needs to have a jump from another battery. Isn't it fun on both sides of the big pond? Oh reincarnating pigs, never thought of that, but I do say thanks when about to eat pork, to the pig that gave it's body for mine. Ribs this last week. The orange mistake will probably become rodent of unusual size.
ReplyDeleteAnd I just looked at your profile to find you live on the other coast of the US...sorry about the "other side of the pond" comment then! My mistake!
DeleteMay as well be across the pond! I miss England Loads! Jumper's and sweateres- sweaters are sweat shirts- jumpers are frocks with holes for arms...so confusing and jumper cables are ...useful. language is fun! Beliefs are fun- like reincarnation is entertaining to think about. Donny as a naked mole rat is entertaining!
DeleteI guess I can see a booth fee, someone has to pay for lights and heat. But that combined with 30% seems excessive. That first pack of raccoons has a "Village of the Damned" vibe to it.
ReplyDeleteVillage of the damned is accurate- Too much of a good thing can kill a person so off they went , frightened of my broom. winter has been no fun for them after the bounty of garden/ fruit/berry detritus. . I told them to go hibernate - go to sleep until springtime! They did not listen, of course because it is too warm to hibernate.
DeleteThink you've got enuf Raccoons? Holy smokies, that's quite a lineup, what's for breakfast? :) Got a big kick out of your deer-provided yard service, mowing & fertilizing all rolled into one. Brilliant!
ReplyDeleteDeer are mighty helpful! Considerate! The dogs love the snacks left behind I am not sure it is good fertilizer. yes, too many fur balls on the deck- I discourage them.
DeleteI think your little raccoon family has been spreading the word.
ReplyDeleteLovely bread loaves! And 30% plus plus plus... seems excessive.
Little family must have been followed. Then they all showed up like I could not tell the difference ... I nearly fell for it because my vision is so poor. The good news is that they scattered when I told them they were not invited. I hate to frighten them away but they would not listen to reason.
Delete