Flat Annie in a bag of stuff @ the thrift store- Wedgwood egg cup and a HuewsNbrews saucer. The bags that hang on the wall in the thrift store are generally weird but sometimes , like this time, could not be passed up. There were three more things in the bag that ended up going back into the donation pile. Picked up a couple of dolls as well because- who wouldn't!
Googly eyed papoose
and the man from
Morocco , They live in the cupboard now, until I am in the frame of mind to bring them out for celebrations and orphan parties.
The Water and cup man from Marrakech carries a large leather bladder with a long spout for pouring, along with metal cups dangling from chains around his shoulders. He looks like it is a very serious business.
While in the thrift store I bumped into an old friend ( seems to be where this happens a lot)- she was there with her niece. They go to the store specifically to play a game that they invented. The game is "Choose a color , find as many thing to wear in that one color for a photo, do not buy anything, just look marvelous for as long as it takes to take the photo . There is a time constraint- like "licketty split- fast as you can".
In the few minutes we chatted , Niece came up with this outfit- Silver, the color for the day. They play - then go away, without dolls or flat Annies.
I may just paint Flat Annie and the googly eyed papoose and let them go. Last time I was In the Benjamin Pollock shop in Covent Garden, A woman had painted little toys and built little shelves with the toys on them- If someone bought the toy they would also get the painting . That is a great idea! Maybe , if I could figure out how to build little shelves I could do this combo for christmas. fairs - Clearly it will be a home made christmas this year. No crackers unless I make them. If I decide to make soap again I had better get organized soon- it does take a while to harden. Thinking of christmas already! Planning ahead.Rosemary soap? Maybe that and lavender. There is an abundance!







(Frex = Fresca)
ReplyDeleteI didn’t know who the Fat Controller on your egg cup is, so I googled it – – you may know,
he is from “Thomas the Tank Engine”—
BUT… he cannot be called “fat” anymore, at least not in America.
What I found:
Q: “ Why did they stop calling him The Fat Controller?”
A: He was always addressed as Sir Topham Hatt in the American dubs because America has an issue with obesity and they find the word “fat” derogatory. Dec 31, 2024
So your egg cup is ILLEGAL, and all the more desirable for it.
😄
I love it! ❤️❤️❤️
The fat controller is quite a gentleman- dresses nicely as well! Good to know that the egg cup is illegal - it will be the first thing I hide when the "fat" police come to inspect! thank you for the informative information!! Will I get arrested when i say I am FAT?
ReplyDeleteYour well stocked thrift store is a treasure trove. Nice finds.
ReplyDeleteYour friend and her niece have created a thrift store dress-up game for themselves. The niece is adorable in her silver themed outfit.
Christmas soaps are a really good idea. Lavender is always a favorite.
Mind you, I have not made soap in a very long time- it is pretty simple but I need a mixer that wants to get wrecked. Thrift store?
DeleteI love flat Annie! And thrift stores.
ReplyDeleteThe bir thrify store is fun- a steady steam of stuff coming in stuff going out, always different and intriguing!
DeleteYour thrift store looks like and absolute treasure trove. Our little town in UK had 13 charity shops selling donated goods to raise funds for good causes - all together they might be one spectacular thrift shop.
ReplyDeleteIt used to be for charity, a percentage anyway, now it is for profit and more pricey, still cheap , mind you, but more than it was. For Profit ruins everything. Capitalism is the bane of our existence.
DeleteI thought of you yesterday at an estate sale with tons of dolls! You've got a good thrift shop!
ReplyDeleteCollecting/having dolls is weird, dolls are weird- But there you go, I guess that makes me weird. No news there!
DeleteI, too, would have bought those dolls for sure. Happy thrifting indeed.
ReplyDeleteA jolly outing! Even though this particular thrift store is corporate for profit , it is the most fun of all of them. Now that Joanne's has closed it may be the only place to buy yardage.
DeleteNo more free homemade soap for me now that I have used up all the soap my sister had given me and she had on hand when she died. Except! I got three bars of her soap from a mutual friend for a birthday present that she had been hoarding after I moaned about having used all mine.
ReplyDeletePam probably had soap making supplies that you could use. Though it sounds as though everything is gone now. Anyway you would not need much to start making soap if you wanted to. An old beater is the thing!
DeleteThe aunt-and-niece game is a fun way to enjoy a thrift store without spending money! I love the egg cup and the saucer. I can't think about Christmas yet! NO!
ReplyDeleteHome made christmas begins - TODAY! Takes time and effort. Clearly the tarrifs and empty shelves will be a shock! It is fun to play in the thrift store- Stella likes to rearrange in meaningful ways...hilarious ways.
DeleteYour friend's game sounds like a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteYou have a lot of rosemary - it seems to be a good year for it. How about rosemary bags, in the same style as lavender bags, or wouldn't that work?