My Blog List

Thursday, March 27, 2025

Weather in a tea cup, yellow, and an invitation

Beautiful  day! The predicted storm- tornado- hail and pestilence- was a  nothing burger.
The ferocious predicted wind was a breeze that did not even disturb the fragile  blossoms. Because of the warning, people in Seattle- panic-  got provisions, protected their automobiles with weighted tarps, bought instant insurance...The usual high alert activity that seems to be
 what we do these days. Always in panic mode.

Anyway, all is well. I am going to go get an eyeball injection in a few minutes so will be out of order for the rest of the day well into tomorrow.  Yellow is a great color- I can SEE yellow!


My over the top sunglasses are yellow. they bail me out especially when I drive home after an eyeball injection. I can see-ish. 

On the doorknob yesterday!


Oh goodie! A party??? For this guy!!

Ok then, Mr. Handsome- Mr. green eyed  white guy- what will we be celebrating? Your promotion at the car dealership, perhaps? The opening of your  new gay bar?  Maybe a mountaineering/outdoorsman  warehouse? Um, guess not.

at least , as Dennis pointed out, they are no longer knocking at the door. 

 

Welcoming you into his sauna- looks inviting?
 


 

30 comments:

  1. I took s look at KOMO's website yesterday afternoon, kinda reminded me of ole Jim Cantore on the Weather Channel, high winds, 2" hail, locusts, flying Javelinas, the whole lot. Looking at the radar images around 8:00PM showed the Olympic Peninsula and Vancouver Island getting hammered. Glad you dodged the weather bullet. Novel approach to proselytizing, Dennis has a point, at least you didn't have to talk to the guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oldest son lives in Seattle- they did the whole thing of covering their cars, getting set up for when the electrictiy goes out...They got a little rain. that is all. Just waiting around for the next earth quake - a little jolt from earth to say, well, if you think that losing your country is bad- hold my beer! Perspective!

      Delete
  2. I think your religious group went woke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided storm predictions are lots of guess work. Hit or miss.
    Your lovely blooms live on thanks to no stormy weather. I like yellow blooms too.
    Distributing invitations must be the new wave. It is definitely better than arriving on my doorstep which has not happened in a couple years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don Day covers the Western states- he is very accurate,I think that is why I did not panic when all of the others were having a hey day re:the coming storm.
      The Invitation did make me laugh- A memorial service for a guy who may or may not have existed but the myth made its way through earth's population like oxygen.Crazy is human. Getting dumber with every generation it seems. and NOW- becoming so excellent in idiocracy humans have nearly graduated. Another few months of this and we are fully engulfed.

      Delete
  4. I am very happy that there was no tornado and no damaging hail. Also happy that your blossoms have survived intact. That "invitation" left on your doorknob is just beyond creepy, seriously wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we dodged that bullet- we have been lucky up here in this little corner, I must say. Seems the harsh weather swirls around us and just leaves puddles! PTL!

      Delete
  5. The thought of injections into the eyeball terrify me. I always imagine it like an egg and when you puncture the yolk it all runs across the frying pan, but of course eyes are not like that are they? I've been told I also have a bit of macular degeneration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If dry you will be OK , it is when it ruptures into wet that the real difficulty sets in.The first five injections were not so bad but this one was different. Very weird!

      Delete
  6. Hunky White Guy Jesus is always a hoot. The comment about car dealership made me laught out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How they ever came up with this image is a mystery- I guess all of that religious oppression does things to the mind ...Let's make jesus appealing to the loin area? Oh yes indeed, we will sell many cars!

      Delete
  7. Oh Jesus. ('Scuse me.) They cut his hair. In preparation for the memorial service for his death? And then a week later I suppose there will be a celebration of "Whoops! He's still alive!"
    Your weather prediction situation reminded me of around here when we get hurricane warnings. Could be horrible. Could be not much. Who knows?
    I hope your eye is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA ha it's always a party with Jesus! Alive, dead, alive dead- and all of the inbetween lambs with lions and wine water! What a swell guy!
      Weather gonna do what weather gonna do-
      Eye eye, matey!

      Delete
  8. I just love to see photos of blooms! Such a pretty yellow!
    Hope your eye is feeling good today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads of articficial tears- all is well in hte poked eye! thank you.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous yellow flowers. What's that first one?
    White washed Jesus though he does look kinda gay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a native holly; and as Jesus goes He did have a gang of men at the hem of his garment- Twelve of them! "love your fellow man".

      Delete
  10. Wow -- look at all those blooms! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not warm enough yet for the real deal of blooming roadsides. I will take the sparseness of blooms offered in this wet cold spring
      !

      Delete
  11. All the blooms! I hope your eyeballs are doing well.
    So... going to the good-looking-white-Jesus death party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will arrive a little later, after the stone is rolled from the cave entrance ...I want to have a few words with him about how things are going here, in his name!

      Eye ball is good, thank you!

      Delete
  12. At least you can see that. Injection in eyeball had me cringing. The insides of my elbows contract just thinking about it. (I try not to - think about it.) Good luck. Enjoy yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are numbing drops, if that helps, but , yeah, I think that whole business is creepy. Yellow is bright and good!!!

      Delete
  13. Oh, my - another eyeball injection. I hope it went well and you can see sufficiently well again. Yellow is spring, is life, is hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Yellow is the first to show up ! Optimistic, promising. Praise Yellow. The good news is that another eye ball injection is not due for ten weeks.

      Delete
  14. Thank goodness modern medicine can help you even though the very idea of an eyeball poke is scary. You ( of all people) are so appreciative of what you see in the world around you that I hope with all my heart your vision will improve. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jan, either it will maintain its difficulty or get worse with time- as it does. I am seeing things that are not there which makes life a bit more interesting! My father had the same degeneration and saw purple butterflies and colorful flowers everywhere- not a bad substitute for actual sight! A bland road of pavement he saw as a garden.

      Delete
  15. Hot daddy Jesus! At least he's not blond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AT LEAST!!! He does not look like Barry Gibb- the usual representative of jesus's hotness...Calm down , sexually repressed Christian ladies and gents!!

      Delete