The twins are on their own for the most part. Wandering around, nibbling this and that. Their Mother was limping across the street the other day , like she had bee hit. She may be laying low or worse but the twins seem to be strong enough now to get through the winter.
I washed the fancy birdbath after taking this shot of green slime . Crows do not seem to mind .
Squirrel decided to try the only eight ball squash that grew on the vine...Quite a chunk missing, but Dennis decided to micro wave part of it to see if it was delicious. Nope, it was not and is now in the compost for the deer.
In between eating everything in the fridge and wandering around aimlessly, I have been building this four house
Christmas decoration. Staring from scratch with wooden blocks, figuring out how to cover them to look like winter- cut out houses from template and glued those together , made them more sturdy with heavy gel, gessoed them , painted them using white acrylic to make them even stronger. Fussed around with glass glitter, made the base from cardboard and water color paper glued like a double decker sandwich, Used heavy card for the top and tinsel around the outside. I went through two large tubes of E 6000 for this one little Christmas decoration. I can see now tht I need to add tinsel around the block base, and a couple more deer.
As I am doing this important glue and glitter , Dennis is putting together a gadget (grid antenna) to gather galactic info.
This is a link if you are interested in what the grid antenna is going to enrich us with. I will let you know if we make contact with anything cuter than hydrogen blips.
While engrossed in our doings, someone left a bag of unripe plums at the door., we did not hear them. The plums are promising, I googled recipes and they can be used to make pickles , or relish, or topping for fish and chicken. Green , unripe plums may not be easy to eat but are packed with goodness. Great for bolstering immune systems. We could wait for them to ripen in the bag, but you know how that goes.
I finally watched "The Whale" last night on Amazon Prime. Brendan's acing is superb! Dennis came around the corner and briefly watched about three minutes of it - disgruntled about the fat man and worried that anyone who looks like that will never be cast in anything else. I had to laugh- Dennis does not understand acting. Movies are confusing a lot of the time . When I found photos of Brendan now and when he was George of the jungle and explained that he had to be fitted with over 300 pounds of prosthetics that took four hours every day of filming to play the part, His only comment was ..."Shoot!".
Anyway, The movie is a lot like the play in it's blocking and facing front. Off putting I find, but the movie is totally worthy!
Sun going down lighting up the squash leaves- all is well.










I loved George of the Jungle and another of Brendan's films that I can't remember the name of where he was a University student, a quick look at my shelves and it is "With Honors". I'll look out for this Whale movie in case it comes to our TV networks. Your Christmas Village is very pretty.
ReplyDeleteI will have to look for that movie, I am fond of Brendan! You know- it is remarkable how long making this little christmas thing took! Most of it was waiting for glue to dry, of course, but it really was too much effort made for such a thing when I could be putting an outer space unit together...
DeleteI haven't seen "Whale", but know Brendan F got many accolades. I have seen and enjoyed"George of the Jungle", oh yes I have.
ReplyDeleteThe grid antenna. Cool! - let us know when you make contact and how hard "they" are laughing at us!
If you are having your period, The Whale will make you cry probably.
DeleteBrendan had to be supper fit and skinny for George- he actually got brain fog from no carbs. let that be a lesson to everyone!
Your tiny Christmas town is like a dreamy dream.
ReplyDeleteI heard an interview with Brendan Frasier and he just sounded like the most gentle, sweet person. I should watch that movie. I've been meaning to...
As with ripening the plums, we all know how that goes.
Mr. Frasier is a very good actor and does seem too sweet to be true. I adore!! He must be incredibly strong to haul all 300 pounds of prosthetics around every day!
DeleteI hope the mom is ok since the twins are stil young enough to have their spots. and those plums look like prune plums.
ReplyDeleteThe doe did join the babies later in the evening, still limping but alive!
DeleteThe Orphan gives me a sense of scale—how teeny tiny your Xmas houses are! 🥰
ReplyDeleteOrphans tend to do that- one of their jobs...being smoll.
DeleteMy fingers get in the way a lot so if I can put together a block of houses without causing an earthquake i say , mission accomplished!
Your prints are magnif!!!!
Love the Christmas decoration. You do nice work. I have always liked Brendan F. it was odd, it was like he was everywhere and then he was gone. I'm glad he's back.
ReplyDeleteHe took a few years to collect himself and then Boom The Whale! Acting kuddos and awards for that one!
DeleteI remember George of the Jungle with fondness. I'll look for the Whale movie. The same people that created George of the Jungle created Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, another goody. Your Christmas village looks terrific. 4 months to Christmas and I am excited. The plums look good. A neighbor must be harvesting plums and you've been gifted some lovely freshly picked plums.
ReplyDeleteFour months til
Deletechristmas!! Holy smoke, i better get busy if I intend to cover the world in glitter!!
PS Favorite Brendan Fraser movie is “Gods and Monsters “—He plays the hunky handyman to the elderly James Wales (Ian McElken), the gay director (really) of the Frankenstein movies.
ReplyDeleteSpelling! Ian McKellen as James Whale (not The Whale)
Deletenever a stickler for spelling nor for grammar, this one.... I have not seen "Gods and Monsters" but will look for it. I saw bits of George and thought - Nope, not for me...so I kissed him off as a goof ball with no acting skills other than slamming into a tree without dying.
DeleteThank you Fresca!! Just watched "Gods and Monsters"- my new favorite as well! Great recommendation! Ian is lovely!
DeleteSerious question, what is the antenna for?
ReplyDeletehttps://www.rtl-sdr.com/cheap-and-easy-hydrogen-line-radio-astronomy-with-a-rtl-sdr-wifi-parabolic-grid-dish-lna-and-sdrsharp/
DeleteI hope the mother deer is okay, sentimentalist that I am.
ReplyDeleteI like your Christmas decoration and Maple (?) seems delighted with it.
I am not going to let my husband see what your husband is doing - he would be much too interested and we'd end up with even more 'stuff.'
To me the grid is a silly thing, I mean really, who cares at this point . But gadgets are a man's best friend, his basement room is full of them, used so infrequently they are like new. I also consider the Tesla a gadget...
DeleteI agree about "The Whale." We liked it a lot, and Brendan did a superb job.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of an 8-Ball squash, but I guess now I know why!
The eight ball was not a rewarding experience. Just plant the real deal, they are as encouraging as radishes in their quick and efficient growth.
DeleteI so love your creations! And that deer... wonderful.
ReplyDeleteYou are generous- I do like the little villages, they are fiddly but I love them
DeleteSuch a lovely little Christmas scene. Goodness, 2 tubes of E-6000 and then all the other things involved! No wonder it takes forever!
ReplyDeleteGlue crazy! I like making the little houses, imagining that they truly exist somewhere on the planet and people live in them. - I am such a child!
Delete