Today I spent some time with Ms. Flora and Emmett. Emmett is still being the best baby on the planet, such a gentleman, he is. Strong, solid, happy little boy, well loved and somewhat worshiped...by me. I am signing up for the Emmett cult when he establishes it.
Today I learned that eggs make eyeballs, hippos need hospitals and that we share apples for seven reasons. I did not ask what those reasons were. Flora is full of information.
Flora wanted my big camera to take some pictures by herself because she can do it. The camera is large and heavy but she figured it out and held it with her tiny hands in a pretty steady grip. She catches on so quickly- one does not have to repeat instructions , she just knows right off the bat.
She took these and really they are rather good considering that she is still a baby and the camera is heavy and wobbly, even for me.
This is me asking for it back so that I can mess with something that had gone wonky. Little wonder- Flora is all about figuring out what the dials and buttons do. She's a natural.
She is getting tall all of a sudden. That is what happens when you feed them, you know, and time is a thief! I am so lucky for this brief blip . I want them all to move in with me.
The big Park Party was cancelled because one of the grand dads went to hospital for a few days. There will still be a couple of celebrations and cake in the back yard.
-0-
The best thing came in the mail! The orphans Godmother and creator...sent this DOC about when the girlettes found a moth. Fresca participated in a wood carving and printing class this summer and has made the most wonderful prints, This is my fave, of course. I am taking it in to the frame shop this week, it's a treasure and will live on the art wall in the main room.
The eight baller is still just pumping out boy flowers like they might still find girlfriends- But I reckon they are gay and the boys just love one another. Only one girl showed up , too late to make another squash anyway, so carry on boys. They are so pretty to look at.
Speaking of, I watched "Gods and Monsters" last night- free on youtube, recommended by Fresca . It is a movie that I would watch again for sure. I loved it. 1998 when it came out I was knee deep in children so it slipped by until now.
bye now- Jesus in the evening sun- not dead -he has risen looks like. Everyone can relax now...









I remember seeing "Gods & Monsters" in the theater when it came out. LOVED it. I should watch it again. Fresca's moth art is fabulous, as are Flora's photos. I had no idea squash flowers could be gay. LOL
ReplyDeleteEverything is gay in the entire world- even stones and blades of grass. The moth burial is a fine piece of work!
DeleteI've never seen Gods and Monsters and should.
ReplyDeleteI doubt that Flora could be any cuter. That alligator shirt is perfection. There's a woman on Tik Tok who does dramatic renderings of the things her very young daughter tells her and it's hysterical. I am sure that Flora could give her plenty of dialogue. As to Emmett- I would probably snatch him and take him home. I am going through some sort of weird stage where every baby I see makes me want desperately to hold them, cuddle them, sniff them. It's a physical thing and I swear to you- almost overpowering.
Fresca's gift- wow! She is so talented.
There is a program at the hospital that my fried participates in- holding new borns and infants who need soft Gramma cuddling. She is a baby person 100%. Sitting with and rocking babies as a volunteer has made her life a bit more sweet. What a blessing for the infants!
DeleteIt is such a joy to hold Emmett, the most cuddlesome baby ever.
oops, FRIEND not fried....
DeleteSuch sweet little grands. Jesus reminds me to go take care of my parched porch flowers. The geranium is somewhat similar to Jesus. Maybe it will get the message.
ReplyDeleteWater, yes, that is one requirement to bring the dead back to life. Sunshine is a bonus!
Deletelove the woodblock story, so creative. and Flora too. great photos. never heard of Gods and Monsters. I'll have to look it up.
ReplyDeleteIt was heavy to point the camera up , Flora in her vision of adult knees , did a fine job. She is such a clever person, our Flora.
DeleteYour bright red and yellow flowers make great uplifting displays. We all need color, sparkle and shine in our lives. Flora is such a delight and she's an adorable mini blonde duplicate of you. I see lots of likeness. That's a bit disappointing about Flora's B-day party. Hopefully G-daddy is okay and the new celebration is soon. Fresca's art/story panels are fantastic. I collect art panels that tell a story; most of mine are from Asia.
ReplyDeleteFresca's art panels are indeed brilliant, and so dear. I remember when the Girlettes found the moth that was no more. The burial was not sentimental but matter of fact, and then "Done". As burials ought to be...
DeleteI would love to see your art panels!
That is a most flattering thing to say but alas, there is not likeness at all, no shared
DNA. I have been her mother's "other" mother/friend/ since she was 3 years old. She and my son were like siblings.
The Jesus Geranium--i love your wit! And what a beautiful child Flora is, with the smarts to match; she made very artistic photos of you. You know, I was knee deep in children in 1998, too, and now they are more than fully grown, and yet 1998 does not sound very long ago at all. Yes, time is a thief.
ReplyDeleteI agree, her artsy photos were excepti0nal! I also agree that 1998 seems like an hour ago! Spinning spinning....
DeleteI am honored – – to share a post with Flora! How can her parents stand to have such a perfect little creature around all the time? (I would have to stab myself with a fork, if you know what I mean.)
ReplyDeleteResurrection happens all the time.
well, Flora is non stop and challenging in that she has more energy and creativity than any one on the planet, I am sure of it. Her parents are blown away by her every waking moment!
DeleteResurrection, yes- pretty sure we will be in some form or another.
Your Girlette DOC has been a marvel in this house! Thank you so much, from all of us!
Squash blossoms are really pretty, even if they don't produce fruit. Neighbor has one blooming, is better get going if there will be anything to eat. Flora is just a treasure.
ReplyDeleteToo late here for blossoms to be anything squashy. The vine and blossoms are beautiful and decorate the deck nicely. Winter comes and all turns grey , dark and dull...I must think of something to put out there that brightens the days!
DeleteFlora is so engaging, such fun to be with. Does she talk from the moment she wakes?
ReplyDeleteI love your irreverent wit.
Gods and Monsters passed me by, too, so I will find it and watch it.