When wandering around do take the narrow lanes in between major streets. Charming!
Homes to wizards, apparently . Or maybe a hide out.
In the toy shop, hand made dolls are sold out but are still in the showcase. I don’t know who the maker is but she is in demand, I guess, and her dolls are very expensive. I will try to make one when I get back. My sewing machine is calling.
Christmas is on. Village of little log cabins in the square, selling everything that no one needs.
Riding the bus today ,there were pros aboard! The first, a young mother with twin toddlers in a duel buggy, as well as a four year old, and a nursing baby! The other a young girl who boarded as plain Jane, while rumbling along she applied four layers of make up, brushed on flawlessly. Then came shading, then blush and highlights. She then curled her eyelashes bouncing along, bus threatening to yank them sideways, then two layers of mascara and shading shadow. Took her hair out of the bun thing and set her long shiny locks free. Then she took a large bowl from her leather bag, as well as rice ,noodles, chicken and veg, put it together, stirred it and stirred it some more using chop sticks, which after her concoction had been eaten, were carefully placed back into the paper wrap. Before her stop, she removed her baggy athletic trousers, smoothed her dress, changed from sneakers into heels and - voila, ready for the day!
Good thing the busses are slow.















Definitely good those busses are slow! I'd love to go to a Christmas market! Love the lanes and the dolls are terrific!
ReplyDeleteIf there is an opening along the well traveled pavement, take it, squally it is a narrow charming walkway- unless it is urine soaked.
DeleteWhen my brother lived in London, he used to see women doing a lot of makeup on the train!
ReplyDeleteSkills are admirable! The most remarkable aspect f the bus girl s that after all of those layers ,she looked un made up.
DeleteWell, I see that we're not the only ones with Christmas beginning to explode already. The British seem to do it far more charmingly though. Those dolls! Oh my goodness. They are magic.
ReplyDeleteAs was the woman on the bus- obviously! She's not wasting her time on her phone!
England does Christmas very well. This will be the last time I get to experience this fabulous celebration of …whatever. So beautiful, so yummy. The dolls are very fancy!
DeleteThat young woman on the bus, wow. That would have been something to watch:)
ReplyDeleteNot her first rodeo, clearly.
DeleteLoved the matching coats. All the matching street lights confused me, though. As for making a doll, just one?
ReplyDeleteIf I can make one fabulous doll, that will satisfy my itch.
DeleteCute little dolls...but all of a kind. That could get tiresome I think, at least for the artist! Great to hear about the girl getting ready for work and eating her breakfast/lunch on the bus!
ReplyDeleteThe outfits are all suited to each doll so I think the production might not be tedious.
DeleteThere may be such a thing as bus culture!
I am amazed at the girl doing makeup and eating, I have seen a bit of makeup being applied here, but eating on buses is strictly forbidden. I love the Log Cabin village, what a great way to hold a Festival! Much better than canvas tents in my opinion. The narrow lanes really do look like they belong in the Harry Potter movies, they are so pretty with the bowed windows and nice brickwork.
ReplyDeleteEverything happens n the bus. Fixing a meal is a bit much,,but acceptable.
DeleteFRESCA HERE:
ReplyDeleteThe humans are so good at things!
I want to see the doll you make in 2024.
The narrow lane is so beautiful. You, and we, are seeing such wonderful things.
ReplyDelete