My Blog List

Monday, April 24, 2023

Stella interior designer, Orphans, splendid watching and good news

Looking over the edge of the deck this morning after the wind and rain scattered cherry petals over the yard. Fairy land! 

Speaking of fairy land, Stella has been helping her mice keep their house tidy, she works for them. The rewards are massive! The entire mouse house is upstairs in Stella's room of tiny magic and  joy. 


 



While Stella is designing rooms for her mice I am minding the orphans,though they do not have their own house or their own rooms, They have the neighborhood. Remember I mentioned Steve's bird bath that has been  overtaken by creatures and the doll that ended up in a raccoons mouth? The orphans timed their fishing trip well as no body was there other than Mr. robot , He is docile enough, just stands around murmuring "xxxzzzzt, rrr".

One fish caught and released, the same fish that is caught every time.

This morning the gardener found a wee girl living in a walnut shell .

Weather still too cold and rainy to plant anything- I have been clearing our drawers- Five of them yesterday and a closet today. Polished the wooden furniture , fed the leather chairs, grocery shopped, which was a mistake because I had not yet had breakfast- everything purchased was eaten in the car on the way home. I am out of control.

Evening arrives and I start U- tubing lectures and the London guide, Joolz, whom I adore.  I think I have watched ALL of his guiding around the city as well as his trip to Pitcairn Island , where the mutineers left their captain and ship and lived on the tiny island until, I dunno, they perished from being piratey? It is a harrowing sort of frustrating trip and well worth the watch, Joolz is most entertaining. His tours through London are the best ever! Loads of information. he is way too talented and handsome and clever to be heterosexual pretty sure. If he is not gay, he really ought to be. He is a tasty dish.


I got involved watching a debate last night- the one titled, "Would we be better off without Religion".  (Hell yes, I say) 

Religion came into being around 40,000 years ago as that was the time of creative explosion, gifts were left for the dead, burials happened...and after 40,000 years of god inventions, humans became hardwired for religion, ritual,performance expression, transcendental satisfaction.  Atrocities  committed in the name of  whatever idea of god is trending became the crux, the power, and not the glory.... So, in the end, 59% of the audience backed the evidence based consideration that we would be better off without religion , 31 % - the other side,  the rest, undecided. Critics generally agree that religion is outdated, harmful to the individual, harmful to society, an impediment to the progress of science or humanity, a source of immoral acts or customs, a political tool for social control.  The debate, presented on Intelligence Squared, is definitely worthy.

As though that was not enough stimulation I watched Lawrence Krauss chatting with Richard Dawkins on the stage of the Opheum theater. Brilliant guys bouncing Neitzsche, Wittgenstien, JG Frazier ,etc- around like hot potatoes gone cold, gone mash.. Sleeping, after all of that ,was not an option. 

I cleaned out another drawer.  Not enough writing implements! Not enough safety pins!Just the right number of Dragon.


AND the best news of the day other than little Tucker Crazy Pants getting the boot is this:



Critics of religion in general may view religion as one or more of: outdated, harmful to the individual, harmful to soc, an impediment to the progress of science or humanity, a source of immoral acts or customs, a political tool for social control.

Critics of religion in general may view religion as one or more of: outdated, harmful to the indmful to society, an impediment to the progress of science or humanity, a source of immoral acts or customs, a political tool for social con



15 comments:

  1. Love the little fish pond that squirts. Yay for the Brits eyeing the abuses in Portland. Oh the mouse house! So precious! Not sure what the Biden announcement due tomorrow will bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biden is likely to run again, and that is an error in judgement. Age does matter only in that his vehicle has been challenged extremely. Another four years would not be good for him.

      Delete
  2. I always love seeing what your orphans get up to. Stella's mouse house is fabulous and so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella's mouse house is detailed and adorable, She is a great designer.

      Delete
  3. I think I'd like to listen to that debate although of course I'd go into it with a completely made-up mind which is sort of silly but the way it is.
    Those orphans are always up to fun and mischief, aren't they? Did they bring the wee girl in the walnut home? I bet they'd love to go have a sleepover at Stella's mouse house but I supposed they'd be too big for the beds. Sad.
    Cleaning out drawers and cabinets! What an excellent idea. Isn't it so human to look at our detritus that we have not touched in decades and think, "Well, I could use that for..." Or "I might need that, better not throw it away." When the truth is, after we shuffle off this mortal coil, someone is going to just dump all that perfectly good STUFF in a trash bag.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drawers had become so full of crazy shite that they were beginning to buckle under the weight. Lazy us, They are sure to fill again I am sure.
      The Orphans are too large for the wee little mousie house .

      Delete
  4. sweet little mouse house and all it's miniatures. Tucker unceremoniously dumped. religion is evil no doubt. put my vote on the no side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreement! However is was interesting to hear what the religious folks claimed.

      Delete
  5. I love the pearls on Stella's mouse! Dawkins has nothing good to say about religion, does he? Interesting news about the Portland PD, but that news about Tucker C is pretty major!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That particular mouse is dazzling is she not? Just like our Stella.

      Delete
  6. Stella's mouse house is fantastic. I love the details. I'm not a fan of religion. An interesting idea 40,000 years ago has gone off the deep end into madness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, we have outgrown superstition and the big dude in the sky , testing, judging, demanding and then frying his offspring for eternity...What a load of , I don't know ! We , as humans, do love ritual and a grand show, the British are brilliant at this, thus the monarchy prevails...but it is dumb ,and expensive and diminishes quality of life for those not especially "royal" paying for the whole shebang- like Catholics keeping their illusion afloat- churches with power and control and tithing and , the rest of it. Bullshite

      Delete
  7. It's all bullshite, brought to us by the patriarchy, which still needs smashing. I am happy to see the Portland PD is getting some publicity of the sort one can not buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that , sister! Smash the damned Patriarchy, maybe we will have to start over, thus the earth shaking off most of us to begin anew

      Delete
  8. That little mouse house is so darned cute! You're a good motivation for me to find the junk drawer and go at it. (Not to mention all the other drawers in the house!)

    ReplyDelete