In my email this morning Tieks selling these ^^^^^^ I thought it legit given the ways of fashion and GOOP-ness- why not! This is something Gwyneth would flog. Aghast until I realized that today is April 1st. So, OK, can we take anything at face value today? Is the orange butt plug really going to the slammer? Not sure.
^^^^^^^^ this is a photo from the webs, of Gloucestershire, the paradise that my great Grandfather left to find a better life in America.
This is his "better life" ^^^^^ in BENTON which is now Rawlins, Wyoming.His brothers went on to Utah to live their Mormon lives (wives), My Great Grandpa decided to stay in Benton to become a RR worker. He was part of the party that drove the golden spike in Promontory joining the RR's for a more sensible journey across the United States. He became a cowboy and a lawman and I do think that is remarkable for a lad from Gloucester. Seems like an April Fool to me, but then those were the days of adventure- either Africa or Wyoming- take your pick of wild.
-0-
Above is a thank you card from a new baby on the planet. I had given her some baby things and she sent this wonderful little thank you. Check the size of the grapes! They are fabulous- like a whole different fruit! Dennis gets them at his church- Cost Co.
I do love the fragrance and brightness of the daffodils, the whole house smells like a flower shop. The color is magnificent, especially in the Assistance League vase. The blue of the vase has just been waiting for daffodils, I do believe!
A while ago I was playing with stuff on my table, stuck it together, painted it, and for some good reason it ended up in a bottom drawer , not yet ready for the recycle bin, I guess. I was experimenting with texture of tissue paper squished into branches and layering. Unsuccessful but I did learn a thing. I learned that one can not put a branch behind a flat painted face. There are some sections of this that I like so may tear those parts off to use elsewhere. Not today- the sun has mysteriously appeared after a night of blustery winter! Think a walk might be a good thing to do while the sky is blue.








Oh my god. I had a dream this morning about being at a Mormon service. My beloved Mormon Stories host was there with his wife but they were not in the church, but were there to do...something? As was I? Men kept touching me and I kept yelling at them. Young girls were there with wedding rings and babies. I tried to talk to them. They would not let me speak.
ReplyDeleteHoo boy.
That vase and those daffodils are perfection in a vase which is perfection in and of itself.
And I like your lady and her baby bird tremendously.
Funny, Mary. I had a dream that I was an assistant midwife with you and you trusted me but you should not have and you left me with three deliveries . I did not know what to do. Not sure which dream is worse!
DeleteThank you for liking the lady with a branch through her head.
Love seeing that beautiful bouquet of daffodils. There's just something about daffodils that so sweetly announces spring. Interesting art collage and lovely handprint thank you note.
ReplyDeleteThe baby hand print - so endearing and clever for a thank you note from a new born!
DeleteI have heard the orange on will not be handcuffed and I was so looking forward to seeing him shackled! Love the baby handprint. Do you ever wish your great grandfather had stayed in the paradise that is Gloucester so you could have grown up there too? But then you might never have met Dennis nor all the people you grew up with...
ReplyDeleteI do wish that my GGrandad would have kept his British citizenship and handed that down! Especially now- maybe in a parallel universe, eh?
Deletevery collagey. I would sit there for hours staring at that stuff and then come away with nothing. my brain just does not work that way. here's a pile of stuff...make art.
ReplyDeleteI love the painting/mixed media piece. And those yellow daffs in that bright blue vase. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOMG! That's fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted something that included a lady (woman) with a branch through her head!!!
I'll buy it!
Name your price.
My email is at the bottom of my blog profile.