My Blog List

Friday, March 31, 2023

raccoon in the sun, flowers good and bad, toilet paper art


On the deck in the sunshine. In the front yard on a tarp. Diving gear that will not be used by old men any longer, hosed off, ready to pass on to grandkids.

I wanted to dive but could not subdue the gag reflex of the mouth piece. Can't snorkel for the same reason. The only place I can observe underwater life is standing chest deep wearing a mask. Or, better still, watching a documentary about the swimming fishies.



I went to Trader Joe's  because I forgot how the parking there is life threatening! Trader Joe's has the best flowers for the best price, IF you can get in and out of the parking lot without ending up in the E.R.

The flowers that look good sitting next to the flowers that do not, the ones that do not are from Cost Co. Both bouquets cost the same amount, the plus of Cost Co is that their parking lot is built for trucks, loads of room! Their flowers, as you can see, do not measure up.

Also at Trader Joe's, house plants , well established and large. Healthy plants well watered and cared for- $12.00! Steal of a deal! 

At the entrance was the usual sample kiosk of edibles- the guy behind the lemon cake in an apron slicing generous portions of sample cake said," this cake is way too sweet and I don't like it."

He was right.




I found  skulls that Erik did when he was little, while sitting on the toilet with a stick of lit incense burning sections of toilet paper into skull shapes. Lots of smoke in the loo!

He glued them onto black paper with diluted white glue/water.

Clever lad. I think this is a pretty neat thing to do while pooping.

I am off to try to make hot cross buns, never made them before so- experimental. Trial run...


17 comments:

  1. Love TJ's flowers, and the same thing happens here in TJ's parking lot, so I seldom go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must think that the width of a small foreign car is standard...it took a long time to squeeze out!

      Delete
  2. Oh how I miss being able to shop at a Trader Joe's even with all the parking chaos. The closest one to us is probably 150 winding highway miles away. Love seeing the toilet paper art. Very creative. That raccoon loves your deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are way too far from a Trader Joe! I do like shopping there occasionally but I suppose if It was that far away i would not even give it a thought. Raccoon likes it very much. No dogs or children or cats in this house, raccoon paradise.

      Delete
  3. The Spokane Trader Joe has not terrible, not great parking. Issaquah's parking is horrendous. The raccoon is sort of oozing happiness, they're lucky you live there. Erik's skulls are really creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather is still happening here making the parking lot even worse. Next time I want to go to Trader Joe's, i will go to Spokane!

      Delete
  4. Very clever skull art. I love the basket of greenery. I would have chosen the best from the not-so-good flowers and a few from the other bunch and made two combined displays. For the symmetry. I do like symmetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I did save some of the bad flowers, cut them short and put them in a little vase.

      Delete
  5. You Costco plants are cheaper than ours! I almost bought a blooming gardenia yesterday there though. Didn't. Couldn't figure where I'd put it.
    Your flowers are so lovely. And so is your basketful of plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A blooming gardenia would be difficult to pass up! I admire your restrain. Early spring when the winter can come back at any moment, makes me too impatient for flowers and planting. Last night was winter.

      Delete
  6. I wish there was a Trader Joes out here somewhere but the closest one is in the city and no way in hell is it worth going there. not even for cheap beautiful flowers.

    I took diving at summer camp and I was fine until I got maybe 10 feet underwater and could never clear my ears. too painful. I can snorkel though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky that you can snorkel, the gag reflex is probably a survival thing , as i would likely drown.

      Delete
  7. I love all the flowers and plants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you as scuba diving has never appealed to me, except for maybe a brief stint during the "Flipper" years. I guess I'll remain a mountain girl.
    I will admit to have never been inside a Trader Joe's. There is one not far from me, and now that I think about it, the parking lot sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that weird, parking at Trader Joe's, must be a trademark. Trader Joe's usually has great organic produce, chaeper than the Co Op so IF one can park it is well worth the terror.

      Delete
  9. That toilet paper art IS quite remarkable, especially given the circumstances. LOL

    ReplyDelete