My Blog List

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Rose finch eats a lot, sidewalks, and a smart baby

I think this is called a common rose finch, there are many these days but not as many as the ordinary "Naturals"...they are hungry, we refill the feeder sometimes twice  a day. It is always empty by sundown.
 
Last night there was a hornet on the sill. alive but not lively- sort of frozen and wondering if it had the wrong date. "Yes", I told it, it is still winter- go to sleep, or just die now because you are a hornet. He is still dopily meandering along the sill. "There is no future for you", I told him. Pretty sure I will find crispy dead him on the floor this afternoon.

I found this list in my Trudy discoveries, we had to come up with a way to fulfill P.E. requirements so we invented a softball team. We called ourselves the sidewalks because every other team walked all over us.

We actually played one real game. The results were predictable....

Then My friend and I decided that we wanted to go to Hutchinson Kansas on an airplane with the basket ball team and the only way we could do that was to be part of the cheer-leading squad, but there were already cheerleaders that knew  moves and yells and chants- we knew nothing. We just wanted a plane ride paid for by the college, and to get out of town- we invented Pom Pom girls- We got outfits and pom poms ,also paid for by the college, and a sort of dance , called ourselves the Pomettes or something like that...and off we went. We shook poms at one game, danced around a bit, then hung up our outfits forevermore. but at least we got our first airplane ride to another place. Hutchinson, oh wow, exotic! This also counted for P.E. credit...

 

I popped in yesterday to see Emily and Flora, Flora took several selfies with my phone and then started scrolling and pushing buttons- pretty sure she may have ordered something from Amazon , clever  child!
Where did baby go? This little girl is growing licketty split! She is the smartest person I know.
And the most beautiful.

I may go over again today- but first I am going to go to a meeting of "The Daughters of Norway"...I am not a joiner or a meeting goer, but Dennis thought I might like it because- Norway? His friend's wife will be there to greet me, set up by Dennis. I will go , I am reluctant , I do not like this sort of thing at all! I doubt that they are going to take a plane ride to Hutchinson Kansas any time soon so what is the point?

I got up at 4:00 am- I would rather stay home and take a nap or dink around with whatever comes to mind. (grumble)...

Time to go, I am going now, I am just about ready, I am nearly out the door....oh wait, I forgot something, Ok, now I am going, just about out the door, leaving now...it is getting late, maybe I should cancel, don't have the number...ok , I will go , now I am going....see you later. I am out, nearly there.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, Flora is past baby. She could be one of the white haired girls in the cheerleader photo, or the non existent baseball photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. her hair will probably get darker as she gets older. Both parents are dark blond . My hair stayed white through my whole life, a blessing and a curse.

      Delete
  2. Flora is definitely leaving babyhood behind now. I'd like to hear how the Daughters of Norway meeting went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A church basement full of elderly women wearing Dale of Norway cardigans.

      Delete
  3. you did so much stuff! my life was boring boring. firmly under the thumb. had to get married to escape. cowardice on my part I guess. I could have taken off with my $60 to experience the world but I had no companions to share the experience with.

    Flora is a wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww Ellen, maybe there should be do-overs...

      Delete
  4. I enjoy your walks down memory lane - The Sidewalks! Pomettes!
    Flora is definitely in the thick of toddlerdom now. I hope you enjoy the Norwegians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the Norwegians were as one might expect. Mumbling to their shoes.

      Delete
  5. Well, I learned something about Norwegians today. Is that where your ancestors come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a half breed or a auarter breed, not sure, all of my DNA is Scandinavian and English. As pale as the dead...My grandfather hopped on a boat when he was a child, all alone, From Lille-hammer area, married my Swedish/Gloucester grandmother.

      Delete