My Blog List

Sunday, January 29, 2023

ball of fire in the sky, mini houses, rumour

Sunshine! For two days, the forecast after this amazing reprieve is the more usual dark rain. It looks deceivingly warm  as I set out to do some errands in town.
 
Wearing four layers and a scarf did not keep the cold from taking my breath away. I stopped by the park on the way home thinking to take a little walk. NOPE. Too cold. 29 degrees , which compared to some places is do-able ,but compared to my kitchen with a hot cuppa, no contest . If I had to,  a life or death situation - I could  dress warmer and maybe get a big fluffy dog to cuddle into. Getting a dog at this point in my life would complicate things so, no ,I will not walk with you in 29 degree weather on this absolutely lyrical day.

Freezing and surprisingly slippery in spots. Ice and gravity are not my friends, especially at my antique age. With that age come perks, not just discounts on Tuesdays but the ability to do as I please without apology. 

"Want to go for a hike around the frozen lake?" NOPE, I have to stay home and make mini houses out of scrap paper, cuppa tea - Hot water bottle under my fanny, I am good. But you go ahead....not sorry.


I may have a plan for mini houses, it may not work though so I will not commit right now.  Plans change, especially when ideas turn out to be really dumb. ( those are quarters for scale)My ideas are generally better than the execution of them .

The bay - the clear snow covered mountains under the bright sun- today is a miracle! By Tuesday this day  will have been a dream.

Still looking at places to stay in London, always looking. Looking into the future becomes more mystifying by the moment.  Will there even be a future?  Will there be another September? Your guess is as good as mine. What's this talk of warring with CHINA???


17 comments:

  1. I read that chatter of war with China by 2025. WTF. They have a lot more bodies to throw at a war than we have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A war with China is insane- for no reason other than stupidity. Usa against China is a no brainer, USA loses in about half a week.

      Delete
  2. Warring with China scares the jesus out of me, which is a big deal since there is no jesus in me to begin with. I love the mini houses! I also love the pictures of the bay with the water and sky both so blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gorgeous today but yes, frightening idea to war with CHINA!!! WTF?

      Delete
  3. This crazy world keeps getting crazier by the minute. The only balance to the insanity is this blue beauty of our planet. Of course the power hungry lunatics don't even realize they are on this beautiful blue planet that they are destroying. War with China? Sounds like the inevitable future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The planet, poor thing...Humans should not have evolved so quickly.

      Delete
  4. There were times in the past when the future seemed uncertain, and yet, here we are. Anything is possible but I don't think we can allow doubt to paralyze us, you know? Hence we take a walk on a beautiful, cold day and build miniature houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are not yet paralyzed so we carry on . Making future plans if iffy though. especially when it says "NO REFUND".

      Delete
  5. Is it any wonder that almost every morning I wake up wondering if I really want to be here at all? I guess I do. There are always blue skies to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Nature evil when she clears the skies to bright blue and then drops the temps to Artic. We are frozen in place here just south of Yellowstone. Temps down to MINUS twenty-something last night and warming to below zero single digits today. ALL schools are closed. It's the famous Alberta Clipper that hits us almost every year. Thanks Canada. NOT. Staying warm by a real wood stove. Yeah, no walking around on icy ground. Extra birthdays have their perks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRrrrrr Leenie , that is way too cold! Frozen in place for sure! yeah, we all live for discount Tuesday! Not many make it this far, right?

      Delete
    2. Also just saw the horrid conditions on I-80 between Rawlins and laramie- What a gross place to call home!!

      Delete
  7. I like the mini-houses. But oh, that blue sky! I can take the cold when I see the blue. Not take it well, but take it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are used to very cold weather where you live- conditioned , but up here where the climate is temperate we buckle. some do not even have the gear for cold weather like this.

      Delete
  8. Yay for sunshine!
    I love the mini-houses and glad they kept you busy and out of the cold. You're an architect!

    ReplyDelete