My Blog List

Friday, December 23, 2022

dining in a railway car room, paper plates are good.

Hard telling if family will show up but if they do I've got it together. Yep, paper plates with stars on them ,
Christmas crackers with cheap silly prizes in them. Our railway car dining experience. I have said it before and I will say it again- A man built this house with no idea of how to live in one!
 

Chocolate bears tucked into the napkins with a fork- in case they feel stabby in the night.  Cedar from Stella's yard, smells delish,  felted balls on a string. 
There will be candles but not  right now, melted wax is not my favorite. I made sauce for the cordon bleu and sauce for the Swedish meat balls- cooked salmon for cheesy spread- vacuumed, cleaned off a counter that has not seen the light of day for a hundred years. Did laundry, I dunno the day is gone I have no idea where it went.


The flowers on the deck? 

All of the plants, every tree branch, is covered in ice.

Like glass globes. The cherry branches are so heavy that the bird feeder dropped three feet!

It is drippy now though, so this freeze will be short lived and by tomorrow afternoon it should be back to normal, drippy Pacific Northwest. Temperate.

Possibly Everyone will venture out If they don't at least all of this "let's have Christmas dinner at our house" idea forced me to clean the damned house and put stuff away, (in boxes under the bed, in boxes, under other boxes...) We got so lazy during the big deal existential covid crisis - sort of locked into  that mode.  It's all good now though! Then christmas bash will all be over quick as a wink- on to another year y'all. I intend to make a mess  and do crazy art in the corner.



I gave my Crystal wine glasses to daughter in law because I do not need a million lead crystal beautifully cut wine glasses for the rest of my time on this earth- I found enough wine glasses hidden here and there , mismatched -  cheapos- but as long as they do the job that is all that is needed.
They are in keeping with paper plates! I do not have a dishwasher so....

Ok then, that was the day. I am off to change sheets, fold laundry, take a bath with suds and wonderful smelling salts. Best idea of the day. 

Happy
Christmas ! AND thank you so much for the birthday wishes I heart you.



11 comments:

  1. The table looks very festive and I love the gnomes hanging off the cabinet knobs. i hope many people turn up to eat your wonderful food and have a lovely day. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have four table cloths on the table to protect it, in case things get rowdy . It will be loud if everyone shows up, that is a guarantee.

      Delete
  2. You have created enchantment. So elegant (though the little bear is my favorite touch and that is a little less Buckingham Palace...)
    And the weather has done its part (though I suppose/hope the ice will have melted by dinnertime?)
    I wish I'd bought paper plates...
    Did you make those crackers? I ordered the snappers to make them, from the place near you, but haven't assembled them yet. Maybe I will have everyone (5 guests) make their own this evening...? Sing for your supper.
    I look forward to your art makings in 2023!!! Get those boxes out from under the bed... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wind and cold have picked up this morning, the snow and ice holding still. I will make bread this morning and if no one comes over I will gladly eat all of it!

      Delete
  3. Girl, you sure can Christmas it up with the best of them! I'm making sure that the battery operated lights on my teeny-tiny Christmas tree are lit. That's enough, right? I adore you. You have so many gifts and one of them is obviously decorating for Christmas. And I bet that your food is going to be the best food. ON THE PLANET! I hope that everyone can get there. Don't forget to take your boy's keys away from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will leave the tree up until it becomes a hazard or until is actually is a hazard and burn the house down.
      That's how
      Christmassy I am! Your little tree will have glad tidings especially with lights. Coubt there will be any complaints about the food- just the weather.

      Delete
  4. It's all very beautiful and christmassy. Good job! Me, I'd rather wash a bunch of plates that glassware and silverware. My table would be paper cups and plasticware but real plates! Merry Christmas you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry jolly once a year thing! it is not too much to ask and it gets thing reorganized after all of the christmas goes into a box for next year.

      Delete
  5. The table looks beautiful, a lovely place for gathering and sharing a meal together with family and friends. The ice is pretty even though it's crazy cold. It does look so beautiful. I hope everyone will be able to come and enjoy the holiday. Take care there, stay safe, and have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your most current post before this. How I hope that stinking transformer is fixed!

    ReplyDelete