https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gfqh-ZrHY8&ab_channel=TheLateShowwithStephenColbert
Watched this morning^^^ - Put me in a very positive frame of mind!
Looked at Fresca's latest re creation which made me even happier!Though not particularly inspired by Manet , myself, I am inspired by Fresca's imagination ! Brilliant.
Anyway, I moved on to
" The depiction of the young Queen as Lady Una (a character from Edmund Spenser's poem The Faerie Queene, from 1590) was seen at the time as a bold design decision as it was the first occasion when a British monarch had been depicted on a coin as a fictional character.[2][1] Queen Victoria, as Una, is depicted holding a scepter while the lion, Lady Una's guardian, represents England."
Orphan and lion with felted crazy dog pretending to be the frolicking lamb of innocence.I like another artist interpretation of Una - one that was not a coin but is a painting in Scotland. Una is very brave to have a lion as a friend, braver still to kill the dragon that wanted to lunch on her parents.
My Una is felted- the first felted thing I ever did when I was teaching myself how to stab wool. Twelve years ago I think. I have kept her because she is anatomically correct with body hair and everything lady garden - will spare you that visual.
Janet has some fine art that has been in the family for generations, high rent stuff that needs attention. She picked me up and we went to have a professional framer look at what could be done because of acid burn from faulty framing in the past. I learned a few things about gold foil and duct tape- cardboard and acidic paper. We spent a long time learning stuff and then leaving a couple of art works with the framer to do magic.
Not quite ready to come home- we went to the dairy for soft serve. We broke the law for not paying for parking ...All good, no ticket!
I hope your Tuesday is as fine as can be. Go play with dolls or something, be inspired. Recreate a painting with stuff- like Fresca- genius!





Your Una and Lion is very nicely done :) I like the painting in Scotland very much. I have a couple of Five Dollar gold coins here somewhere, I don't remember why they were made or when, but mum gave me four, one each for my kids and I have the boys ones in safe keeping in my safe. I'd forgotten about them until now. The English five pound coin is very nice to look at.
ReplyDeleteCoins are cool, they do not take up much space. My Dad gave me silver dollars, my brother took the best ones and I cashed mine in to buy something useful.
DeleteThese painting recreations are killing me with their awesomeness. I have no desire to do them myself but I love seeing what you artists are doing.
ReplyDeleteOne must be a special kind of mad to play with toy recreations of art I reckon- a way of seeing the world that may not be conventional or adulting.
DeleteI've never heard of Una. Learn something new everyday online! Love your stabbed Una. Which didn't come out right.
ReplyDeleteYou are correct - a stabbed Una does not sound especially good. I love the name "Una" it sounds friendly!
DeleteMichelle O is sparkly GOLD too!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am a lamb gamboling with de LIGHT at your recreations!!!
Oh, my. Everything came together in the Girlette one--including your compost leaf painting! The lion has been waiting his whole life for this shining hour.
And the crown, stick, and foofy fabric.
Love the Felted Una... and Una's embroidered jacket in the Scottish painting.
"Gold Foil and Duct Tape"--that could be the title of something. Maybe a subtitle:
"My Junk Drawer: Gold Foil and Duct Tape".
P.S. You win a sparkly crown for Good at Playing.
DeleteMichelle O does bring the light! She is a marvel. Thank you for the acknowledgement for "good at Playing". We are! Correct about lion and this being what he was waiting for his entire little dusty life! His confidence restored!
DeleteYea the Goddess however she's portrayed. Has to be the Goddess with the lion and the lamb.
ReplyDeleteMuch more attractive than a dead guy on a stick, eh?
DeleteReally fun! Of course it all reminds me of the Tarot Card "Strength."
ReplyDeleteThat is a cool reminder!
DeleteI agree with Colette, very reminiscent of the strength card! Your creations and re-creations are wonderful! I love the Scottish painting and that your Una has a lady garden.
ReplyDeleteXoxo
Barbara
I love the Scottish painting as well and the lion is so adorable. It is fun to meet the Fresca challenge , Join us? You don't need to have toys , you can use sticks and rocks.
Delete