My Blog List

Monday, November 14, 2022

Not enough salmon, Pams are to blame

In the bakery this morning waiting for the amazing sandwiches to be built to take to Flora's house- I noticed the walls  adorned with salmon/Orca/Salish sea concerns expressed by  children.

At first I thought the last green box said "get rid of Pams"  not sure what Pams have to do with the loss of salmon.  OH - Dams- OK then, that makes better sense. "stop eating salmon" is also a good idea- there are other things that are not endangered to eat. Raccoons might be one but you know.... there are always leafy greens, sustainable and no bleeding involved.
 

Dogs might be another meat product...but the thought of that is like  the thought of eating one of your children and we just don't  do that in this culture.

 -0-

 

 Lad , beer, dog- still life.


Last night Erik sent this- he , holding Ernie like a little man. Ernie seems a popular dog name these days, it's a good one, I don't think folks are naming their new born humans  ERNIE any more, OR Pam. Ernie looks mighty important , and , you are right-he is judging you....

Do you see how very similar the pug child is to the human child? The cuteness is above and beyond- I'm in advanced stages of  overload-baby talking and addressing everyone as "Cupcake"- even when there is no one around that qualifies as cute. 

It will pass, they say. Possibly when Ernie is dead and Flora is thirteen...

Ms. Flora has realized that her tongue can move independently and can make fabulous sounds if done correctly-  perfecting her drumming skills also- getting ready for tour (her world tour is 3.5 rooms at this point) Get your tickets now- selling like hot cakes.
Time to scoot- big plans for tomorrow-  Tuesday, lots of life to live , diapers to fill, books to read, scones to scoff.

15 comments:

  1. Oh! I didn't realize--orcas eat salmon, and the whales can't survive on salads!
    Yikes--the whole thing is unraveling.
    Sorry, Little Flora (and fauna).

    She is an adorable child--look, even her tongue is pretty, and not all gnarly like us old folks'... Good for making sounds at any age though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than 80 per cent of their diet is Chinook salmon — the population eats more than 1,400 Chinook a day. They share their catch with each other, indicating their social cohesion. So, humans , who can shop at the coop need to stop eating salmon. Orca have no choice and we, of course, are killing them. Par for the course!

      Everything about Flora Jane is fresh and beautiful- as with all babies. Flora jane has a great sense of humor, likes to "help" with the laundry, wears Mommies Panties on her head confidently.

      Delete
  2. I love it when kids discover the sounds they can make and all the things they can do with their tongues! Too much cute here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without a tongue one could not play the clarinet when she is older, though she is fond of percussion at the moment I do have a clarinet for her.

      Delete
  3. That child is a glory, a sunflower, a star!
    Ernie is a very old man in a small boy's body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ernie LOOKS like an old man to be sure- but he is only two years old! Old enough to be judgmental but too young to know why.
      Flora Jane is the happiest most centered child I have even known! She travels well!

      Delete
  4. We had a dog named Ernie 11 or 12 years ago, before Miss Olga! It IS a good dog name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your dogs before Olga, brave little things traveling to London and being in quarantine. Living long enough to "see the sights" ...Lovely dogs.

      Delete
  5. Ernie looks very earnest, and Flora will be thirteen before you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably not be around when Flora is thirteen! DANG!

      Delete
  6. Commenting as Roger again, but it's me NewRobin13:
    Oh what we humans have done to the planet. On one hand we are destroying it, on the other there are adorable little ones and doggies. I wish we could find a good balance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy to announce that I do not eat salmon, so I'm doing my bit to save the Orcas. Flora Jane is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Minnie was smaller she'd be tucked into my jacket too. And Ernie, has that long patient suffering look, what is the human making me do now. And cuteness Flora, the world is still fun and exciting. Hoo boy. Hope it stays that way for her.

    ReplyDelete