My Blog List

Sunday, November 20, 2022

I ate a cookie

I went out last minute to a 20% off Christmas celebration at my favorite clothing shop across town. I was pretty sure that my size would be sold out , as I am average. 

Whatever average is these days. I ended up buying three things- one size small, one size  medium  and one size XL, They all fit perfectly- Sizes are arbitrary, one never knows.  Butter cookies and spiked punch served.  They were about to close and would not reopen until next week without the special deal of 20% off and without the butter cookies. I should have stuffed my pockets, cookies - delicious! The size XL dissuaded me. I left  crumbs for the angels...an offering inspired by Dolly Parton who always leaves half of her -whatever-she -eats for the angels, thus her diminutive (except  boobage) body.  I am glad that I went late  because all of the cool stuff that I would have bought was gone- just tiny X small left on most of the racks. My own self imposed austerity- in solidarity with England, perhaps?
 

Today I went to Macy's - bought European biscuits and fudge for the neighbors for Christmas. Fifty % off, Yippee! Prudent Santa. I think that I am done! Right on target!

these colors that I ingested will likely give me super powers!

Erik texted me today- Green Power Ranger died! Suicide! Ironic...

Grand daughter selling on Redbubble-

https://www.redbubble.com/people/JessHoofnagle/shop

9 comments:

  1. Back when we wove and sold garments, our sizes were "generous". The shirts and jackets were unstructured; basically boxes. The first one we made fit me nicely; we called it an S. I weighed about 130 at the time. We went up and down in 2" increments. A customer asked how we arrived at sizing. My sister said "She always wanted to be a small, so we named the first size for her." One customer always danced in singing "I shop here first; it's the only place where I am a small."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a grand idea , and by grand I mean "small"

      Delete
  2. That cookie looks like a giant red "stop" button. I have never heard of leaving food for the angels. Clothing sizes are ridiculous, they never fit right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I go for the shapeless tunic dresses! They are forgiving and one size pretty much fits all.

      Delete
  3. Ah yes- shapeless tunics for me.
    I believe you are right about getting super powers from that cookie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be testing my ninja skills , there are crimes to fight and buildings to leap over OR I just ate a radiated cookie that will turn me green and angry.

      Delete
  4. Those are pretty amazing looking cookies! Men's sizes are a little more standardized, I think, though the pants can be bewildering -- relaxed fit vs. tailored fit vs. slim fit vs. traditional, all offering the same waist/length sizes! Argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything MUST be tried on in a real dressing room with three way mirrors and bright lights- this does not exist anymore so...poorly fitting clothing is - normal.

      Delete
  5. Buttery sugar cookies are the best. Period. And they scream HOLIDAYS! to me!

    ReplyDelete