My Blog List

Monday, November 21, 2022

Barbie car, anti racist baby.

Parked next to this parade of Barbies today. I went to town to get something  and came home with something else that I did not intend to get, More Christmas lights that may look OK, Maybe, 

I will be caring for Flora tomorrow and on Wednesday I will be baking for thanksgiving. So, the mystery lights will have to wait.
 



I went to the book store to find another animal sound book for Baby Girl but the section for littles was crap- lots of dumb Disney stuff. Nothing cool at all. I saw this book that I thought might be OK, though no sound.

I had heard of it - thought I would give it a chance especially because Ted Cruz threw shade . ... The idea is good, given this nation's inability to accept diversity and inclusion ( white shite). It has received fabulous reviews.  I did not buy it for Flora,  and likely will not. Racism will never occur to her I am thinking.  She is part of a fresh new generation,  "isms" take a back seat. 

 


17 comments:

  1. Those Barbies look a tad chilly. And creepy, tied to the front bumper like a deer. My goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, like true beauty queens, they are all smiling!!!

      Delete
  2. Here's what I am thinking- would anyone driving a Buick make their car an art project with Barbies? I think not.
    Have fun with dear Flora tomorrow. I have Owen, Gibson, and Magnolia June coming over. It will be quite the day for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call on the anti racist baby book. Racism could well be history for Flora, or a different reality. Have fun tomorrow. If you catch the Barbie VW again, explain there is a beheaded Barbie up front. Heck, you have the plate number. Send the Staties out for that car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headless Barbie is quite noticeable isn't it. She should probably go to hospital.

      Delete
  4. That is the craziest display of Barbie Dolls. There is so much going on in the reality of the world, I shouldn't be surprised by this, but I am. I love that you are not going to get that book for Flora. Yes, may she become adult in a world where stories like this won't need to be told.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That anonymous comment is mine NewRobin13.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a LOT of Barbies and I see one has lost her head. Have fun with Flora tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when people decorate their cars. I was wondering how those Barbies stay so clean and then remembered you get a lot of rain---acid rain (good for cleaning)?
    There's an art car parade here every year.

    We got "Anti-Racist Baby" donated at the thrift store--I'd say it's really for adults. (Same as how it's adults who find "Go the F**k to Sleep" funny.)

    I think the best counter-racism books for kids are those where the kids all just look different, without adult comment. There are more and more of those, which is nice, but it's still mostly a White Baby World in books.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that book is written for thick white adults who don't get out in the world much, I reckon.

      Delete
  8. That Barbie car is the best thing I've seen all day! I'd love to know what the owner is like. A 52-year-old accountant in a suit? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. That would be a pleasant surprise! But more likely a woman , age 28-32 would be a better guess. Love the car, the Babies always look so happy.

      Delete
  9. First of all, that Barbie car - what the...? There's one without a head showing her underpants?
    I kinda feel that the anti-racism book might be counterproductive? I prefer to see books that include a variety without commenting on race, but children's books are, sadly, very white. I'm rooting for Flora's generation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children's books and children's toys are woefully white!!! I agree about the book deff not for children- Flora's generation may be our hope...I thought it might be our children but - small steps....
      Underpants Barbie! Feeling FREE!!!!!

      Delete
  10. Where the hell did they get all those Barbies? They don't even look like they've been played with, too put together and hair not a wild mess. Down here it would be called an art car though a very poor attempt compared to what usually shows up at the parade, and zip tied at that. No commitment! Glue those babies on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbies are dirt cheap at thrift/charity stores. Dime a dozen.

      Delete