My Blog List

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Dolls with issues, a fabulous book ,a gift, and a baby

Compromised dollies came in the post today. This is the right home to come to, Orphans keep everyone feeling grand in spite of the world out there. it can be cruel, we do know this as a fact.

This little doll is probably the oddest- She covers her scarred face- is that an acid burn?  A terrible story at the hands of man?A birth malformation? Hard to say but she is gaining confidence here, Dolls help! 
Though her arm is permanently frozen,  covering her face.
 

There is a lad with one leg. Wanting to be a fireman but  missing  leg disqualifies him, Orphans help- they give him the fire engine all to himself - he would jump for joy, but, you know...  can't.

Vision impaired Scots - and, due to the pipes, a bit hearing impaired.

So it goes on the shelves of doll world here in my insane Play house. Some of the dolls are in bits,  they are still cared for and treasured.

The nicest thing happened! A person ,whom I do not know personally but who  has left a comment on this blog occasionally ,asked if Flora Jane  might like an alphabet book based on life in Alaska.  Flora loves books, Flora loves animals, oh yes indeed she would love that book! I had no idea that Marvelous Jan F. lives very close, within walking distance to our freaky house! WOW, that is amazing to me- she is a neighbor!

A quiet knock on the door, Dennis answered, She handed him the book , said, this is for Flora, and that was that!



Flora does love it, BUT I am keeping it here because I love it also and Flora tends to  sometimes maul the books she loves- (at this point in her appreciation of literature and illustration) she may read it when she comes over - no mauling of  pages.

Lovely generous gift for  Bebe from a stranger, sort of, but maybe not...Blogworld has no strangers! Thank you Jan F. so much! This is the best ever! 

These are the Christmas stockings that Flora's Granny Kim felted, using wool from her sheep.  Kim is a felt artist! Kim is Emily's mother.  Makes art hats that are also practical, Warm - water repellent as wool is.  Her wall hangings are incredible as well. I am a hack but Kim knows her wool , measures and felts solidly. Great work. 

We were both at Flora's yesterday until it started to snow. Because Kim lives out in the county on a small farm , where snow is not as friendly as it is in town. She left, I stayed. I showed  the snow to Flora Jane, I brought some in on my finger.  She did not like it one bit!

NOPE!

Nope face.



24 comments:

  1. Darling dolls! Darling baby!
    Darling BOOK! How nice.
    And fantabulous stockings.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie-pie Flora is! And how generous of your blog friend to bring her a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the best surprise! There are good people in this land...few but some!

      Delete
  3. After reading about Flora and her interaction with you it felt as if we must pass the book on to you. I am delighted that you love it as much as we all did! Today our daughter is 42 so the book has been around for a long time! One of these days I shall run slap into you, it's inevitable! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO GOOD! We are likely to bump into one another! Small town!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely story about the book being passed along. Love your sweet dolls too. They have stories too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just the coolest book! Such a treasure it is! Jan F. so incredibly generous.

      Delete
  5. I had that same exact face when it started to snow here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Subaru that can go through the apocalypse if needed,
      Snow, no problem- but yes, I am not a gung ho ski to the summit fan!

      Delete
  6. Those felted stockings are beautiful. Flora is, as always, completely and utterly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim's felting is so gorgeous- everything she does is scrumptious. If you were going to winter in Spokane you would love to have one of her hats! They keep us warm even if we have nothing else on.

      Delete
  7. You stayed with the Subaru. My current car is a Subie. I took my sister somewhere in it. She's a Toyota fan. A bit into her ride she said, My god, this car is a tank. We could go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for new books and dolls! There will come a time when Flora enjoys snow and making snowballs to throw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It almost looks like the sweet lady doll has a baby under her scarf.
    Look at those stockings! Almost as beautiful as Flora. But not, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No baby under there , just a messed up face. Kim really does beautiful work, she should be famous!

      Delete
  10. What a nice surprise book delivery!
    Flora's got artistic grandmas in her lineage. There's hope for her yet.
    We have snow and ice and muck outside, and I'm with Flora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow and ice and muck is just not at all to our liking. If we lived in norway, maybe but not here! Not now!

      Delete
  11. How nice to get that book from a blogworld (and real world) neighbor! That top doll is so interesting. Looks like an old souvenir from a Muslim country, perhaps? I agree with Ms Moon -- I think there's a baby under there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I searched for the baby under there...no baby. the book is fabulous- great illustrations!

      Delete
  12. Flora knows snow is nope. I'm with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She heads toward the heater and nods yes and says DA!

      Delete
  13. That dolly does need your love. And what a gorgeous book for a gorgeous child. That's the most fabulous face!

    ReplyDelete