Another week of being alive and isn't it grand!
Tuesday has always been my favorite day of the week.Monday is sort of a hangover day after frolicking on the week end, Monday is practice- getting ores back in the water, gliding into the week on Tuesday. Tuesday clicks the week into place.
The sky was incredibly blue yesterday, the wind chill factor blew the temperature down to 26 degrees.
Curly is loosing her curls, annoying the neighbors , but I think the leaves are lovely compost - looking like someone had a celebration that required tons of confetti. The entire yard looks happy!
Stella collected me at noon , taking us to the nursery to get poinsettias for her and a swag and wreath for me. Hungry after that strenuous shopping- we went back to my side of town for lunch.
The downstairs restaurant was closed.
We went upstairs to the other one. It was fine enough -nice looking out over the street below.
Festive mood, Christmas taking over like the wildest kid on the playground. We, Mr. Man and I, had decided , yet again, to not give presents. Anyway that was my understanding after we had the conversation about NOT GIVING PRESENTS. Amazon delivering flight related things, for grand daughter Pilot Girl, a propeller for Middle son Pilot, a slow cooker for DIL, Astronomy calendars for everyone in the family, jig saw puzzles for ex wife... Just can't help himself, he is a giving person. Christmas is so well programed into us by now that changing traditional gift giving is not going to happen.
Everyone on my list is getting one of these.








Everything looks so good. Let me know how the A-Z works out. JanF
ReplyDeleteJan!! So surprised by your follow through and how you found me! The book is amazing, excellent- I love it and Flora is sure to.
DeleteShe will be coming here on
Thursday the first time ever, I usually go to her house- I will keep the book here for special reading and leaning "Qiviut and quills"- it is a lovely book! Thank you so much, This book is a treasure! Thank you!
I am thrilled that you like it! We wanted it to go where it would be truly enjoyed.
DeleteJanF
Jan! Your book made it to the right house!!!
DeleteVery festive here! Your lunch place - what a beautiful setting for eating or whatever.
ReplyDeleteI generally like Tuesdays.
HI Abby- overnight Christmas barged in! I am all jazzed about hanging this and that in a festive way! This feeling will last approximately three days until I am over, So over, Christmas. The lunch was good enough- pedestrian on a fancy street sort of food.
DeleteI can't remember the last time I had even one molecule's nail clipping of a festive feeling about Christmas.
ReplyDeleteOh Mary I seem to remember your "glorious" tree by the stairs last year, or the year before...That was festive- hahahaha
DeleteThat restaurant looks like a really lovely place to have lunch.
ReplyDeleteI always like to see Christmas ornaments and all the festive lights. It's a season I don't celebrate, but do very much appreciate.
It is an OK restaurant- it has been there for a very very long time, it used to be haunted
DeleteThat's a nice wreath. I love those staircases too, the polished wood looks so smooth and warm.
ReplyDeleteThis year all my family are getting just a Christmas Card and only the grandchildren will get a gift card. They are grown up, but one is fixing up a house and one is expecting a baby, so the cards will be welcome. The twins have no need of gift cards so they will get proper gifts to tear the paper off.
The wreath is not the one I bought but you are correct , it is beautiful. Gift cards are the best- or an envelope of cash!
DeleteWe're skipping presents for real. I just can't deal with all that and I'm sure not taking it all on a plane!
ReplyDeleteRight! Christmas is not about loot- it is about eating stuff one would not normally eat and seeing people that aren't usually seen. And trees in the house, it's about that!
Deletethe best humbug rant ever! Christmas shat on my birthday, so , yeah...we are mad at christmas.
ReplyDelete