My Blog List

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Vellum art, Kiev and Olga

 



These are the works that I posted about yesterday-
there were more in the exhibit but so difficult to get a good photo. These were tiny!  The stitches unbelievably exact and so small.

This morning up early to watch BEAMZ Olga in Kiev - War time on bald mountain- a stroll though the most impressive billionaires neighborhood, looks more like a glorious small town, really.   Built in 19th century architecture  looking amazing from the outside. It was built in the year 2000 for the world's richest folks however no one lives there now. The houses/buildings/mansions have been abandoned due to faults - like leaking pipes, flooding, leaky roofs, sloping floors , wobbly foundation. Unreal!  From there she went to the mountain of the second brother where witches were buried and where the gallows were at the base of the mountain. She crossed a barbed wired fence and was stopped, asked for papers, and instructed to leave the mountain quickly. Her home town a war zone. so frightening and so sad. Goes without saying...

I have just made scones and fresh coffee, the sky is dark, eight raccoons looking at me through the glass. Another day.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad BEAMZ Olga is still able to keep up her business, though it must be alarming to be stopped by security. LOVE those artworks! So delicate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olga has been amazing through all of this- she is looking for a sponsor in
      Canada or UK for herself and her children- her husband is still farming for Ukraine, to keep the population somewhat fed.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Unbelievable art! I have to tell you that when I saw your title my brain told me it said "Valium art" which is probably a completely different genre.
    Oh- and fuck Putin. Well, don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valium art- could be wonderful...yeah - PUTIN, needs to die!

      Delete
  3. Those sculpture are amazing! When you say small, how small is small?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. Valium art could be a thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sculptures don't look tiny in your photos but they certainly are intricate and pretty. I see your reply to ellen abbott that some were only two inches! I'd be cross-eyed in a heartbeat trying to work on something that small.
    Mmmm, scones. I shall make some this afternoon, I have jam and cream in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for using "stitches" or I might not have believed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fascinating exhibit -- those are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete