My Blog List

Friday, October 28, 2022

facebook blunder, Stella in Paris, Sarah and Olga in London

Seattle Times:
Facebook parent company fined $25M for WA campaign finance violations

Linda Sue,

We have an update in our case against Facebook — a judge just ruled that Facebook is required to pay the maximum $25M penalty for their violation of our campaign finance law.

In case you missed it — earlier this month a judge ruled that Facebook violated the law that requires campaign advertisers, such as newspapers, TV stations, and yes, even Facebook, to maintain records of their political ads and make them available to Washingtonians like you. They didn’t violate this just once or twice, but 822 times.

Facebook intentionally disregarded state law and questioned our election transparency laws. 
Bob Ferguson

-0-

So, there is that! 

I downloaded all of my photos from my I-pad from 2014 until 2018. I tried to make a big deal out of it but then realized that all apple products are married to one another- makes it so simple!

These are a few October photos , from France , when Stella turned 64, and London, my home away from home.

We went to Amsterdam first, to get over jet lag and to fall in love with the city- In Paris Stella had a birthday- we stayed in the coolest place!
The little candelabra was provided by a woman traveling with us who turned out to be a child in a woman's body , but way more irritating. That is a story for another day and one you probably would not like to read.

 

Pumpkin cat.


In Hampstead with Olga and her humans. We walked to the heath on a lovely autumn day. Olga was very patient waiting for Sarah and I to finally find our way to the flat and then settle in for a cuppa with Dave before Steve , drumming his fingers, and Olga, jumping from foot to foot got us out and up to the heath. Very patient folks!


After that it was just another London day- you know, the usual....people walking to work...hanging out in vans, dressing remarkably well.




Sarah ate some kind of mushroom...She became tiny.
I have about 4 million shots of my happy place. These are just a few at  the end of October.
 
Sarah getting some distance.


Great British frugality, making it work.

 

Repair re-use, save. learned from experience, especially through two world wars. Probably will come to that again. Buy quality wool, DIY. I stopped in at an exhibit of a stitch in time .

The entire display was stitchery, all sorts.

This white jumper was a grannies, saved through four generations in a most artful way.

 


And  other stuff....There were cloth sculptures, stitched heavily. Amazing work - there were microscopic stitched works of goat gut vellum. Lord, who has the eyesight for that?? Some were so unbelievably fine and some were sassy. 

I could go on for days with photos from that exhibit alone. But this is not the place- who has that sort of time?

I am so pleased that Apple products make it so easy to marry their devices together- it is one big apple love fest here on my table at the moment!

Olga defying gravity.




17 comments:

  1. I saw that apple has linked all it's products! Noe if its type were just a tad bigger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely journey. When I saw photos of Olga I had to scroll back up the page to make sure I was reading your blog and not Steve's Shadows and Light. Great photos of what looks like a very fun-filled trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trips have all been exceptional- I am not a fan of Paris and likely will never go there again- London is my town.

      Delete
  3. That embroidery! Sassy indeed. Enjoyed all your photos.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful round-up of photos---akin to Steve's Saturday round ups, and there's Olga! so even more so... It's so mind-joggling when bloggers intersect---we feel almost mythical, but nope--there we are in person.
    (I met my friend Marz through blogging (about Star Trek) when she was eighteen, back in the Golden Age of Blogging when there were lots of young people--before they hived off to snappier platforms.)

    AND, there's SARAH!!!
    I wish she would do nothing but post photos of the things she makes!!! She is one of my favorite art makers.
    Did you meet her through blogging too?

    Aaargh... I want to go to London... I was last there in 2006. Jeepers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to go back to London! I agree, Sarah is the most clever creative person- we did meet through logging and then met up at Camden Lock market. Became friends immediately, She and
      Andy came here for only a week- Crazy fast visit!

      Delete
  5. Excellent pictures! And they all manage to express the joy you felt at being there.
    Now. I am perfectly intrigued by the story that I might not want to hear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little stroll down memory lane, nice. All my apple things...desktop, tablet, phone are so old I doubt they will ever tlk to each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Ipad is very old and my Iphone and mac are new- the talk to each other very well. I am impressed - no brainer!

      Delete
  7. Awwww, what a flashback! Olga no longer attains such airborne status, unfortunately -- but her heart is still light. :) I remember that day so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Earl grey, great cuppa, Whiskey Moon Face music. Olga not coming when you hollered for her...Very fun! I will be forever grateful for that day and the walk to the heath! Fabulous meeting you guys.

      Delete
  8. Such a fabulous selection of photos! I remember when darning was done with as close a match as possible in colour, so it would be invisible. I like the idea of a different colour and making a feature of it. I used to darn things, but don't think I can now with the arthritis in my fingers. London sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete