My Blog List

Thursday, October 20, 2022

smokey, tatting, scones


 Smokey spooky air- taken at high noon while driving Stella home from her eye appointment. This is NOT Stella's house...

She had very good luck with her cataract removal. The clinic looks like a grand hotel. She felt nothing and she can see, everything is brighter and more colorful than ever!! Unlike my experience in every way.Stella was born under a good sign- luck follows her.

                                                       In the clinic, peaceful and smooth.

After dropping her off I took donations to the charity shops- on the corner of  the one that I will not donate anything to, a guy was playing an accordion-  as two people danced spontaneously. Tango.




I could not just leave boxes of stuff at the Assistance league without going in to see if there was anything that I must have to replace the donations , madness- the circle is madness...

Tatting and two guest towels plus a little wagon for Flora and a glass thing- I spent four dollars ! 

Dennis has gone to Las Vegas  is meeting  oldest son there- going to a skeptic's convention or something. Son wants to take him  to Meow Wolf  in area 15, It is a recent installation I think, and is said to be Disneyfied rather than artsy. Dennis will certainly not know what to make of it- Shopping in the Omega Mart with virtual Willy Nelson. 

I am staying here, shooing raccoons away, as the little family has  invited every raccoon every born to congregate at our party house. They have made two latrines in the back yard and have torn the already compromised screen door to shreds. It is like school when one kid misbehaves  the entire class gets punished! 

Time alone! I made scones and ate four! I watched a bad movie. I can not be trusted to adult well it would seem! 

The smoke is supposed to clear by Saturday- we are promised rain - and once the rain starts it won't stop until June.

 


18 comments:

  1. That tatting is beautiful! I love it. I must look out for some next time I go to a thrift shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tatting is a work of art- so many people do not know what it is or how it is done, It catches my eye every time!

      Delete
  2. I could not have left that tatting or those tea towels behind either. Not in a million years. We are enjoying alone time together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are! I am loving being alone, together! You have better dinners, though.

      Delete
  3. Seeing Flora in yesterday's post made me happy.
    Reminds me--a friend who had a stroke can no longer read the newspapers, which she used to do cover to cover.
    Upshot: She is much less stressed. Sleeps "like a baby", even with the ongoing stress of brain recovery. It's like being a baby---"I see no evil."
    I liked seeing your felt roll/drum/table too.
    Flora's little legs, too, running off to the next adventure!

    Gosh--that house in the fog is beautiful, even knowing the "fog" is hazardous smoke.
    Ick.
    We are getting bad air in MN too, though much less--not even visible, but the weather people report it.

    Can't drop off thrift without picking up a little something for replacement... I love those towels especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A breeze this morning, blowing the smoke elsewhere, It might be a clear day! Stroke friend is lucky in that way!

      Delete
  4. I have an appointment with the ophthalmologist this morning to discuss cataract surgery. I'm curious what happened with yours. I'm always worried about everything so it's good to know that Stella's surgery went well. Bummer about the raccoons taking over the deck and scratching the screen to shreds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just be sure to do research on surgeon- get many opinions and reviews. though that did not help me one little bit! Go in the morning ASAP. Do NOT go in the afternoon!

      Delete
  5. My appt with the eye doc to assess if my cataracts are ready for removal yet is in January.

    Love the pretty tatting. What would i possibly do with it.

    Tearing up the screen door would have been it for me. Out of here you rascals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wait for the original family to show up the other interlopers are not welcome.
    Tatting , what to do with it? Just appreciate it like any other art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep thinking I'm bad enough for cataract removal. The eye guy keeps telling me that on a scale of 1 to 4 with 4 being bad, I'm a 1. So, I guess it will be awhile. It has reached the point where I can't easily read street names, which makes driving interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When driving becomes an issue, when your world is a yellowish color, when you need three pari og glasses and a magnifying glass to read- you will be over due! Driving at night is impossible.

      Delete
  8. Sorry the raccoons have turned into a buncha ungrateful freeloaders.
    Eye doctor told me cataracts are beginning to form. Wait, what? Those are for old people and dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes old people and dogs...and people who were out in the sun without protective eye wear at sometime in their lives , which is EVERYONE!!

      Delete
  9. It sounds to me as if you are adulting admirably! What movie did you watch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Delicious" and another one that I can not remember because it was so bad, but I watched the entire thing!

      Delete