My Blog List

Saturday, October 22, 2022

cleaning frenzy,royals and happy plants


 
Rain for three days- So needed , the smoke has cleared and the plants are happy. 

I have been on a mad dash cleaning streak, making the most of time alone without Mr. Micro Manager about.  I can get SO much done.

We will be having family over for Christmas - no body wants to come into a cluttered dirty home no matter how good the company and the food. Getting ready NOW so that I am not stressed in December. Well, there is always stress in December but you know what I mean. Clean house happy heart, glad tidings.

I shifted the shefflera  and the avocado. Both are growing madly! 

The pink light encouraged them too much so the shefflera went to the front window and the avocado scooted over out from under the light where its top was bonking the fixture.




I had the big dog rug cleaned to the tune of $312 .00 - It is so clean and bright that having it  cleaned was a bargain at any price.

Dogs have had their bottom scooting, face wiping , muddy paw  tracking way with it. Not to mention the window people  with their untidy man ways. It is always something- since the window guys came I have noticed , even with my poor vision, that the scrapes and gouges from that venture have left the walls sad, wounded - needing to be painted , AGAIN.  Seems I am always painting the walls, like the golden gate bridge,  back to the beginning when you reach the end, never really ending.


I am dismantling my little "art" corner. Making room for all sixteen people to sit like normal folks at the big table in the middle of the room , where it belongs, instead of scooched over to the side. 

This part is a drag. I must store all of my paper, paints, pencils, clay, pastels, oils, scissors,  brushes,bits and bobs-somewhere else. Since I cleaned out my little storage unit I now must  shove everything under beds. That is how it is done in the land of bad house keeping. I need more beds.

Orphans are pretty sure there must be some royal event about to occur - all this cleaning fuss- and they have noticed that some of the dollies have been boxed up! Horrors! That has made them nervous...

Clearing out the china hutch for NOT dollies! Possibly for ...china? Well, that is just crazy! I even got the ladder and took the panels out of the  kitchen ceiling where the bugs had a party and could not leave- like the Hotel California.  Loads of dead bodies, all sorts. The wasp was king-  an inch and half long- I suffer no remorse for his death.

Anyway , I am on a roll , washing everything including face masks  as well as the entire damned floor with vinegar and Method. Only have today left to do my worst! Dennis comes home tomorrow afternoon.

Bringing in some of the plants from the deck to bathe in the pink light of growth. I have made room for them.

Orphans consider my hyperactive cleaning frenzy worthy of celebration and a little party for tiny dolly, name is Heather- she came from Colorado through the mail!  The Octopus is Harry, from England, also sent via the post! Brave Journeys! And now for a cuppa and a biscuit and a pat on the back. I will be cleaning well into the night.



20 comments:

  1. I am speechless. My grandma and my mother were this energetic, but I, NEVER. Even sage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not energetic, just in flashes now and then. If I was energetic I wouldn't have so much to get done in such a short amount of time. I am a slacker!

      Delete
  2. The rug looks beautiful. Did they clean it on site, or did they take it away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took it away- delivered it five days later. It is a miracle!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I don't comment because I am so in love with your pod of orphans, I don't know what to say.
    Endlessly: wow.... They are living their most regal yet silly lives with you. (Regal + silly = the best combo.)
    Except for that bit of fear of BEING PUT IN BOXES.
    Never! (Right?)
    I would like one of an Orphan calendars by you!

    I love all the things in your house, and it looks a marvel of organization, to one (me) who works shoveling the detritus of hoarders.
    The rug! She is so bright!
    And that chair to the left, under the window, next to your art table.

    "More beds"--you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danish modern Hans Wegner chair, I have eight of them from a friend who died. The same friend that did the blowing through a straw paintings.
      The orphans do not go into boxes, not ever. They have to keep their eyes on things always. But seeing some dollies being stored in boxes has given them the scares!!! This pod sends wishes and stars to your pod.

      Delete
  4. I did a bit of cleaning yesterdat, vacuumed and dusted. Today I thought I'd clean out the bathroom cabinet and threw out exactly two items. The rest got packed back in and the doors shut. Your orphans look ready for a party! and your house looks lovely. I love the little China dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand about the bathroom cabinet- I do the same thing. Just shifting things into other things not really getting rid of stuff.
      I too love the Asian dolls- all but one are from charity shops. Lucky finds.

      Delete
  5. I wish I had half your energy and resolve! The dog rug looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well , if I were not such a slacker I would not have these spurts and there would be less to do- having family come is a huge incentive.

      Delete
  6. Wow! You really got a lot done there. I don't think I could manage half of what you did with my poor old skin and bones body. I wish I could though! I love that doggie rug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rug was a great purchase from my friend who makes them.It has served us well! anti inflamatory foods have made all the difference in this old self!

      Delete
  7. Oh my Lord. After reading this, I need to go back to bed. I have to say though that everything looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting things done in three days is challenging but I have actually enjoyed shoveling the detritus out of here and washing things. I just need the time/space to do it.

      Delete
  8. When you're done you can come do my house.

    I love the Big Dog rug. If I had a rug it would be that one but I got rid of my rugs because I got tired of vacuuming them...all the dog and cat hair and just plain dirt. Bare floors are much easier to keep clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our only rug and it is so nice especially in the winter. The rest of the floors are wood and fake wood so , yes, easier and cleaner.

      Delete
  9. I love your English octopus! Doesn't it feel great to get things clean? Your avocado looks so dense and lush -- I am impressed! Maybe I should get a grow light for our plants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I LOVE the big dog rug. Fantastic.

      Delete
    2. Big Dog is so lovely and wonderful to roll around on at this time in its life- CLEAN- no doggo smells, no foot prints, light and fluffy! the flamingo grow light really put me off at first but the plants do love it, avocado is a testimony - two years ago it was an avocado stone . Dennis stuck it in dirt and VOILA!You are correct- cleanliness is next to happiness.

      Delete
  10. If I cleaned my house for Christmas (or Thanksgiving or Halloween) now, it would have to be done again (and for the later holidays, again and again.) You're very good and tremendously diligent. Glad about the rain!

    ReplyDelete