My Blog List

Monday, October 24, 2022

carhartt is for babies, weird sky, evolve

 Carhartt cutie. Like I said , getting this girl into a girlie dress is just not going to happen. 

I went over today and played for a little bit, when I left she cried- she does not like subtraction. I don't know many who do, Addition is more intuitive/ instinctive. She does not like anyone to leave. She has yet to meet the Jehovah's witnesses.

Her favorite book is the sounds of barnyard animals - pig and cow especially. Complex characters.

Smokey sky in the pumpkin patch, Sunglasses help keep eyes from burning. The pumpkins make good pals, quiet, polite, patient, they can not leave on their own, and I think they are not interested in doing so.  Flora can leave them but not the other way around- so it's all good.

In the parking lot at the bakery, where I bought savory croissants stuffed with Gouda and roasted turkey to take to Flora's. On the way home the sky being weird,  dark but sunny.  Not sure what it is doing. My disposition today is that weirdo sky. Must be change of season.




By Flora's house, this cool tree offers a small jungle of climbing around, in and out the trunks, a good game. 

It looks like the tree that we had in the back yard when we first moved here, where the neighbor girl had her fort but also where a cougar had it's nest! 

Down came that tree. 

 

 


 Hope for Ukraine. Always on my mind- BLM always on my mind. Manifested in photos that are mostly accidental takes!  

Speaking of BLM- the lad phoned from Portland this afternoon. After 2.5 years of anxiety,pain and expense the city finally settled. A pittance really ,  the attorneys taking the lion's share which is expected, it is over , finally. and the police in Portland are just as horrific as ever. They are pissed off at Erik for settling, he must watch his back. Messed up town, Portland! Erik is planning his escape.

Maybe the weirdo  sky is ambivalent because life is -  or could just be October witchcraft. 


 

 





 

22 comments:

  1. I think that perhaps Flora is MY grandchild. Overalls, you know. Lord, she's a darling.
    Our sky looks like that when we are about to get some real weather. Hold on to your hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather is headed our way , from the arctic. Temps have dropped, the rain is cold. and Flora jane is a chip off the ol' Mer block

      Delete
  2. Flora is so adorable. I love seeing photos of her young happy self. That tree is beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Looks like the fall skies there are leaning toward winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She truly is the happiest child I have ever known, Singing and chattering and chirping. when she is quiet we become suspicious...

      Delete
  3. Such a cutie. Weird sky for sure. Cool tree. Love that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A brief moment when the leaves are bright and the branches are dark.

      Delete
  4. What a carhartt cutie!
    Interesting tree, I've never seen such a thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree is a fun thing except for cougars...sad to see ours go .

      Delete
  5. We were at Fred Meyer (part of the Kroger chain which is about to buy Safeway) and saw a Carhart display in bright pink. Darling, just darling. Today is bright sunshine, then clouds, then muffled sunshine. Yesterday I wore jeans for the first time since last winter. Flora continues to become cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why in the world are the police pissed off he settled? They wanted to see him nailed to a wall? Yes, he needs to find a new place to live that will welcome him. And meanwhile, your sweet Flora is barely taller than those pumpkins but many times more adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The police and city wanted to offer ten cents as a settlement- Erik's att's refused and threatened to take it to court where it could have been determined that the city was indeed at fault big time, maybe make national news - so they settled for a larger amount that hurts the city but not by much...They are pouting and full of revenge.Terrible town that once was the epitome of cool!

      Delete
  7. My sister used to complain about my b-i-l hunting. But Jan, I remonstrated, we'd never have known about Carhartts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND they last forever, just get more wearable every decade of wear.

      Delete
  8. Weirdo sky here today. Half black, half blue, then it traded. No rain , it's 73 degrees in Ontario! It's late October for goodness sake! My Weather liar mentioned a humidex for tomorrow. Your little Flora is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos today. Good that Flora is learning to wear sunglasses early. I'm glad it is over for Erik. We have grey skies here too, I think this is the wettest, greyest spring I have ever known.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunglasses and hats- getting used to them is essential now if one wants to go outside ever! She is a good sport- considers it as part of getting dressed in the morning.

      Delete
  10. Oh, wow--the City settled? That's some admission of wrong-doing on their part, then, even if the settlement is puny (and eaten up by lawyers).
    It sounds like a good thing your son can now move on, anyway.
    I'm sorry he had to pay such a high price of pain and anxiety, but I still say,
    GOOD FOR HIM! for caring, for showing up.

    Baby Girl is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fresca- Idealistic intentions put asunder. The lad is now free although the Nazi cops in Portland will hound him , try to arrest him for anything-will-do. Anyway, , right- the city admitted to something...not sure what exactly .

      Delete
  11. Oh, that little Flora is darling! And your joke about the Jehovah's Witnesses made me laugh out loud. When they show up at my door, I've been known to try and get them to sign up to vote. Because, you know, turnabout is fair play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or " may I invite you in to talk about the good word of Satan?"

      Delete