For the woo woo there is an orb ( produced by sunlight and lens), the Orb is clearly the wrong kind to inhabit a spirit but still...poetic.
Also woo woo, my blue Queen quit waving!
Out in the full sun of yesterday, she waved weakly and then just stopped.No more waving- now I guess I will have to have an orphan service to send the Blue queen up yonder.The Royals are so over for me- died with the queen, the only royal in that entire family worthy of our adoration( though the Irish and some colonies would disagree)
Anyway... Smash the damned philandering patriarchy- hand the crown to Kate and call it a day.
The red area is the reason- we are told that there is indeed a "fire season"- not as horrible as years before but we still have very dry days before us - no rain in forecast. It is the dying season, I reckon.
While I am in the moan zone - there is this: I bought a feather mattress cover thinking that it would be all lovely and soft and warming, resulting in fewer heavy blankets in winter. As I slept I felt ,through two pair of sheets and a flannel sheet, prickly bits like bug bites all over!
When they said FEATHER they meant stabbing feathers, not down, not culled -for -quality- feathers, poky, not sure what to do with it. Shopping online is sometimes not the best option but it is not like we have choice now that brick and mortar have closed in this town. Everything has changed , the orange horror broke everything, Iphone proof of police brutality and blatant racism glaringly obvious to all, no change there other than visual proof, covid, mutations.
Queen E left at the right time- no waiting around for Thwaite's Glacier catastrophe, a torched earth, nary a drop to drink. This is not ending well. Death of the Queen , tampon Charlie taking the crown, Harry being utterly snubbed , the Queen's favorite grandchild arriving at Balmoral on his own, too late....unbelievable familial cruelty but that is how they be, I suppose, you know, for the good of the commonwealth, or something.
And ,if I have not moaned sufficiently, there is this- yep, the knees told me this morning.









Yes, to all of it. Jim was outside with the garage guy yesterday, came into the house and his shirt smelled of smoke. The moon, when in its low position in the sky last night, looked like a pumpkin it was so orange. Video is out on twitter of the King hand flapping and grimacing at his staff to remove items from his desk that are in his way; apparently he is incapable of using his hands. Videos like that will not endear him to anyone. And yes, give the title to Kate and be done with it all. Sorry about the feather mattress, online shopping has its perils. Can you return it?
ReplyDeleteno return because it is huge and would cost way too much postage also i slept on it, so any other suggestions are welcomed. Charles is so flawed as they all seem to be due to unnatural lives of privilege and contrivances. Sorry to see the green gem of an island sinking - I do love to be in London best of all but maybe that is over as well.
DeleteI was surprised to read of the distinction between feather and down. I will remember that. Sorry that your new mattress cover is so stabbing. I hope you can return it. I haven't been paying attention to the news any further than the headlines. But I do pay attention to the weather. Our sunrise sky looked a bit like yours there. Smoke from faraway fires. I hope things clear up soon. Take care there.
ReplyDeleteThank you , Robin. The sky and air are very eerie right now , a sort of yellow green amber. Luckily I wore the dog out yesterday. Not interested in going out in the smoke.
DeleteWe've had an entire day of rain so our air is as clean as it can be in these days and times. And it's actually coolish- 75!
ReplyDeleteI have learned that down is down and feathers are feathers. No matter how small the percentage of feathers in a product, they are going to be prickly. Down is what you want. 100%.
I am glad you made your way to the spirit house. You know I am not woo-woo at all either but there are some spots that are just very heavy in spirit. Science will figure this out eventually, I am sure.
if a place gives you the "feels" i reckon it is OK, science be damned...haha.Now I know about feathers and down...cost me a bit O' cash but that is OK, can't take it with you they say...all of the time.
DeleteI remember when down was down and possibly one feather would work out of a comforter.
ReplyDelete9C! Ack! We get that overnight lately and sometimes down to 7C, but I'm tucked up in my warm bed then, so it doesn't matter. I pay the extra and buy down quilts, they have some feathers, but mostly down, usually an 80%-20% mix and always from a company I know, like IKEA or some other branded company. I call them feather beds even though they are mostly down.
ReplyDeleteI see you still have some tomatoes, I'll be planting my seeds later this month, when the nights warm a bit more. I hope the fires die down soon, fingers crossed for plenty of rain to help with that.
Sky full of smoke weird light- mask comes in handy while walking the dog through it! Good job buying down instead of feather! I am an idiot.
DeleteToo bad about the mattress. Can you return it? I guess returned mattresses are not a thing.
ReplyDeleteMy blue queen is still waving! Yours has a better hat, though.
They come from the same Dutch company I think- They are sold out, of course, along with solar corgis. I could not return the mattress- maybe I will donate it to the shelter.
DeleteOh yeah, feather vs down. Definitely must be down. I must not be woo woo since I don't see the orb. Are you sure it wasn't just in your eyes? Charles may surprise. He's an environmentalist and supposedly wants to make changes so that the monarchy isn't such a drain on the economy. Or he may be seduced by the prestige of being king as opposed to just being a prince.
ReplyDeleteup int he trees close to center on the right- orb. Maybe re:Charles... just does not have the charisma , intellect of his Mummy.
Delete37paddington:
ReplyDeleteI’m a big Harry and Meghan fan. Until the family does right by Harry they’ll get nothing from me. As if they care ha. The spirit house orb is rather beautiful.
Total agreement! Harry and Meghan seem to be the only real genuine folks in the batch.
DeleteYour Waving Queen waves no more. That's some remarkable timing. I so admired her. I wish Charles well (I'd wish ANYONE well) but he's not my fave for sure. She deserves a rest after that remarkable life. But what a woman.
ReplyDelete