My Blog List

Friday, September 9, 2022

meander around the loop and into the forest

This morning Cubby takes me for a quick walk around the block. We discover the fancy sidewalk that appeared overnight. When it rains the sidewalk will become even more contrasted.



 

We are not sure if we are to follow the lines, walking drunk?
It ends in a child's game of hop scotch, but we do not follow hop scotch rules.
One thoughtful neighbor made a bench along the sidewalk in case one needs to remove a pebble from shoe or just sit because climbing the hill can be  a bit breathless. I have a gag reflex when told to "enjoy" ...it is like "LOL" or " god Bless you". ACK! Bench is a very nice thing to provide, though it is  cold stone- hemorrhoid producing. I will find any reason to moan, moany moan.

We march on  to the trail where the trees smell like autumn and the sun is at a lower slant. Light has changed, mood has changed and it feels like the only staid stability in  our lives has gone, feeling upended. Weird not having Queen E somewhere on this planet. 

Moving on...


We come back through changing leafed forest, dusty pathways  to meet the neighbor in the drive who tells us that there is a smoke alert.

"Get out your filters and fans, the bad air will hit us soon".


I am sure that Dennis knows where they are in the mystery garage.


There is zero concern  by one little dog, whose attitude is superior.  He just rolls with it all and as long as there is chicken dinner at 5:00, no worries.

His humans are having a wonderful time- their itinerary is packed full!The food is french fab- and I will be surprised if they ever come back.

I slept with the window opened as usual- awoke to a shivering pup beside me - ahhh poor Cubby. Closed the window, drew the curtain - all was well.  Warm.


10 comments:

  1. That sidewalk art is so interesting and beautiful. I like the designs. I love seeing that entrance to the forest. Nice walk there with Cubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cubby just wants to go all of the time! Third walk of the day plus a car ride and he is still wanting out. He must be feeling sad about the Queen- her dogs will miss her.

      Delete
  2. What will become of the corgis and the dorgi? Who will love them as she did? Poor doggos, they're orphans now. Cubby is a really energetic dog for having such short legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I suppose Cubby has to walk double time- He does pause a lot and "grock" and "sploot".

      Delete
  3. That sidewalk chalker must work most of the night if it's there for your morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the footpath patterns :)
    Poor Cubby feeling the cold. Lola sleeps near me and I have a fan blowing in my face because I sleep better that way and she likes it too, until near dawn when she snuggles under the covers instead.
    I like the seat for resting upon. and the path through the woods with the changing leaves is so pretty.
    I doubt Charles will hold the throne too long, he is 73 already, so twenty years should be enough for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. King Charles III is a very old new king though he has been preparing all his life. I think that the funniest comment I have read is "I didn't know a boy could be Queen".

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is semi permanent abrasion to create the pattern which will show more distinctly in the rain. Cool!

      Delete
  6. Karen Frances here: I really love that sidewalk abrasion design. Please take more pictures when/if we get rain again. Seems like most years of recent memory, the rain started up again on Labor Day weekend. But this year? And now, the smoke. I'm grateful it didn't come during the hottest days of the summer. I'm sorry about the passing of the queen and that your blue queen stopped her waving. Sigh. Charles, though, may have served the longest apprenticeship there ever was. And now, perhaps he can begin by untangling the colonization mess and at the very least apologize--although, that's part of their government's responsibility, too. Maybe return a crown jewel or two or all? In the meantime, it was good to see the brothers and their wives out in public together. Wouldn't it be nice if the press quit spreading details about which they couldn't possibly know?

    ReplyDelete