My Blog List

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Twain and the pooch


"I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me."

 

 Cubby makes choices of where to walk- he chooses town most always. He is a social dog, loves people and the attention that he gets. Of course people are drawn to him, friendly little mop. He will look like a puppy all his days, small , cute, and joyful. When his humans said that he sleeps most of the day, they underestimated his vigor! Yesterday he did slow down a bit- he was tired but  insisted we go to all of the spots.

Owl in the pottery window. Owls have been a problem in Seattle park recently, people are advised to wear helmets due to some getting bonked hard on the head by protective owl mothers, talons are seriously dangerous. Hide your little dogs!


Garden shop looking autumnal and gorgeous as always. I discourage Cubby from going there to water the edges.The owners appreciate the consideration.
 

Headed home on the trail, every rock has at least a dozen dog messages- Every stone must be sniffed , stored to memory and dreamed about later. Legs twitching , little woofs squealed out in delight.  some call it dream rabbit chasing but it is all about pee.


That was the day, make chicken dinner for dog- look up a groomer , will call today. Cubby is sensitive but , Man, does he need some attention! They must use super allergenic product and can not use electric clippers because Cubby is a prince of the highest order. Generations of sensitive ancestors.

15 comments:

  1. Mark Twain was so right! We have had mockingbird attacks during their nesting season, the mothers are fierce! Owls sound like another matter altogether, far more frightening. I’m enjoying seeing the dolls you sent Mary, especially Tilly! The orphans shall have adventures on both coasts! Cubby is a darling, dog walking is a great way to meet people.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owls are huge and can be so fierce- plus they can turn their heads like Linda Blair, who can trust a creature that does that??? Tilly is excited, the other orphans are a bit jealous but decided that they still have work to do here.
      Dog people are super friendly for the most part- dogs sniff each other and the humans ask how old, what breed, does he like biscuits...the usual chatter. It is good.

      Delete
  2. Mark Twain also said that travel is travel, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." Cubby must be the most woke dog in the world.
    Yes! Watch out for the owls! One could take Cubby away in the blink of an eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so hairy- it would be a lot of work for an owl's dinner. but , yes, his humans watch him closely when he is in their back yard, eagles circling.

      Delete
    2. 'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. '” I think that is what you meant...

      Delete
  3. Cubby has found a fine friend in you, Linda! I love following on your walks. And he makes friends wherever he goes -- even famous writers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Jeanie! He makes friends with all sorts! He likes big rocks- they make good friends- stable and stalwart! I have been thinking about you since the Queen died- Wondering if you will ever get back to London...

      Delete
  4. Cubby is adorable taking you out for a walk every day. I love the cupped concrete hands, that would be a fabulous bird bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very good Little pooch , taking me for walks every day , multiple walks! I also love the cupsed hands for bird bath! A sweet thing!

      Delete
  5. Cubby is cute and I can see why he gets lots of attention. I've never heard of owls attacking people in a public park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of aggressive owls around here for years though i have never seen one. Their sharp strong talons are to be seriously respected!

      Delete
  6. Adding consciousness to the "lower animals" may have been an evolutionary mistake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. evolutionary mistakes, there are many- humans are an fine example of evolution gone wrong.

      Delete
  7. Love the clasped hands and floating flowers.

    ReplyDelete