My Blog List

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

boulders on the road, Cubby in the bath


 

Stella has been in California , she asked that I water her porch plants. i just turned on to the freeway and stopped dead still for an hour and  a bit in traffic that was frozen.  Rarely do I get a chance to take a photo of the huge boulders on one side of the road.  An earthquake would take this road down to the lake with boulders following . Can't wait for that event!


this is the tail end of the boulder bit- moving snail speed - I am thinking that it must be one helluva crash somewhere- or that a truck overturned spilling  its contents all over the freeway, I am hoping it is piglets- or that a plane crash landed and there would be all sorts of interesting plane pieces to collect. Moving along semi excited at what it may be to back up traffic like this.

It was guys in bright suits cutting trees and eating them with their tree eating machine...what a let down. Anyway , it took an hour and twenty minutes to get to Stella's house which usually take about 15. Plus her plants were still damp. Cubby did not like the trip at all-  but managed to find something dog fabulous to roll in. Well "perfumed" - we came home and this no fun human gave him a bath. What a spoiler of hard won  doggie fragrances.


This time I wore my rubberized industrial  apron - stayed dryer. Took Cubby for another walk after he adequately dried himself on the big dog rug. That is another thing that must be cleaned soon. Just have to find a good cleaner, ours is no longer in business- as with many things these days... pretty sure you have noticed.

His humans just texted me that they are back in the states, will pick up the pooch tomorrow after they have had an adequate night's sleep. His things are packed and ready- he probably is more than ready, His humans are very important to him.  Our marathon walks are over.

-0-

Berries are great this year.  The blackberries are so sweet due to lack of rain. We walk the alleys and pinch blackberries along our walk. Cubby is not fond of them . I eat his share.

I met a friend along the way - we conversed about the change in weather and how our joints act up . She lent me a book written locally re: diet for arthritis/ inflammation.  She is living proof that it is beneficial and must be tried. Sooooo- gearing up for it, I am never successful with this sort of thing- changing to a radical (to me) way of eating. As soon as Cubby's humans take him home and I have a day to shop for new diet, I will try it and fail, and try it again...that is how we roll.

9 comments:

  1. Hello Linda Sue, What is the name of the book please? I'm sorely in need. (get it?). I'm not good at change either but pain is a great motivator. Hope it helps you. Cheers,
    Linda Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The title is "the Abascal way To quiet Inflammation".My friend stayed on it for about three months maybe less, made all the difference to her! You are right, Pain is a motivator! A waker-upper!

      Delete
  2. I love the photos of the boulders on the side of the road. Makes me want to know the history of them and if there are any ancient paintings on them. They look like they could tell so many stories. Cubby is adorable, and those berries look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fossils are found, but no paintings other than high school shenanigans.

      Delete
  3. When Glen and I did our road trip, many years ago, when we were driving in your part of the world, I kept seeing them tumbling down and crushing us and everyone else and it was a little scary to me.
    Jessie was in a study a few years ago for a anti-inflammatory diet and it was HARD. She was so strict with herself. She sure lost a bunch of weight but I'm not sure it helped that much. She certainly gave it a good try. She has a lot of auto-immune problems. I know she's glad she did it, though. She needed to know she had tried her best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Jessie doing that. I am procrastinating, using Cubby as an excuse but Cubby is back in his real home now so- I will buy veg at the coop, make soup and stir fry chard, I will get tired of it immediately and will crave a loaf of wheat bread but it is worth the beating up of myself for failing, I suppose, Anyway, Arthritis may give me the discipline to do the right thing.

      Delete
  4. When I was a kid, my family would often drive into New Mexico over a mountain pass that had been cut-and-filled. There were several signs along the way "Falling Rock". For the longest time, I thought the name of the mountain was Falling Rock.
    What a nice bumper crop of berries!
    My husband struggles with arthritis in the knees. Our recent hike was not friendly to him. Share the diet? So he can try and fail with you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell us more about the book. My arthritis is kicking up big time. I can use all the info I can get. Those boulders are fabulous. Farewell to Cubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know, in the meant time you can google foods, recipes for anti inflammation, things that you should not ingest and things that you ought to. To jump on the wagon one must be fairly strict for a few months , then slowly introduce the things that should not be eaten. We shall see. I am still gearing up...I am reluctant to jump right in.

      Delete