Yes, damn. I felt absurdly near tears all afternoon at work after I got the news. I realize that the peaceful passing of a 96 year old woman who's had a remarkable life isn't a tragedy by any means, but still. Something about the end of an era, her passing into history, hit me right in the feels.
Charles 's merch will not sell as well that is for sure. Nope , nothing will be as attractive as the Queen nor as relatable. London will change its tenor and the attraction to Buckingham palace will die- who wants to see Charles and Camilla?
She was the Princess when I was a child. My dad happened to be in London for her coronation, in a hotel overlooking her coronation route. The whole neighborhood turned out for his slides of her coronation.
Hi Joanne, I was thinking of you today, been missing your "voice". How lucky for your father to have witnessed such a momentous event in our lives. Our only Queen.
Sad. But bravely waving 👋 ever on…
ReplyDelete—Fresca
riding around with me until the car quits forever.
DeleteShe became Queen three months before I was born. She's been Queen all of my life. Farewell to the Queen. May she rest in peace.
ReplyDeleteYes , all our lives, it felt secure knowing that she was there, London will change it's vibe for sure.
DeleteYes, damn. I felt absurdly near tears all afternoon at work after I got the news. I realize that the peaceful passing of a 96 year old woman who's had a remarkable life isn't a tragedy by any means, but still. Something about the end of an era, her passing into history, hit me right in the feels.
ReplyDeleteI so agree Jennifer, an end - she has been our only Queen our entire lives. Inspiration - how to be selfless!
DeleteShe will be greatly missed, what a legacy she left. "King Charles" does not have the same ring.
ReplyDeleteCharles 's merch will not sell as well that is for sure. Nope , nothing will be as attractive as the Queen nor as relatable. London will change its tenor and the attraction to Buckingham palace will die- who wants to see Charles and Camilla?
ReplyDeleteShe was the Princess when I was a child. My dad happened to be in London for her coronation, in a hotel overlooking her coronation route. The whole neighborhood turned out for his slides of her coronation.
ReplyDeleteHi Joanne, I was thinking of you today, been missing your "voice". How lucky for your father to have witnessed such a momentous event in our lives. Our only Queen.
DeleteDamn indeed. Even knowing it was coming it still hurts. I cried all morning.
ReplyDeleteWith you on that one
DeleteOne more blow to the world we thought we knew. And yet, of course- inevitable. Bless her. She worked hard at it. She was stalwart.
ReplyDeletejust effing damn
DeleteIt had to happen. And now Charles finally gets his turn.
ReplyDeletenot enthralled with
DeleteChuck the third- the change is BIG, England will suffer even more along with Brexit - sad little island.
Yup. Damn.
ReplyDelete