My Blog List

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

back in the saddle.

Well, that was an interesting holiday down south. I will not go into it at the moment, just glad to  be back. Flying over  lush green,well watered, Northwest. I feel a bit like Amy Schumer, having re-arrived  after the  Oscar slap to a changed crowd- "did I miss something?"..."Somehow there is a different vibe in the room".
 

The clouds, "comforting" Lummi island , feel  thumb sucking right. We are all a bit  vulnerable and shaky as this country dive bombs into the depths of evil, I wish  a fluffy cloud   for y'all.  We are beyond befuddled- beyond angry- beyond beyond. I -just -don't- fucking- know.
Anyway, we are back in the town of subdued excitement, having spent the past 13 days in a surreal situation- we did some stuff and I took loads of photos so I will have something to occupy my blog other than this  bullshit country of bullshit's bullshit. We got up this morning at 3:30 AM. to catch a 6:00 AM  flight- it did not go seamlessly- but we made it, Ok.  I think I am" over " the desert now. I have no desire to return.

The plants were crispy  thirsty, our house is a mess, A dress was delivered while I was gone. I do not remember ordering it -It is gross! A terrible thing covered in little tiny stars, on blue. Oh dear. I must have been momentarily mind- gone -to- the -dogs delusional to have ordered  an Aunt Bea frock. It is gigantic- the sad part  is that it  will probably fit me perfectly -  appropriate  wear for  the box social  held in the church basement on Tuesday or wearing for the staring role as Norman Bates Mom.

 I will quit ragging out now and  leave you with some gay happy GAY gay  color from the streets of gay  Palm  Gay Springs. a comfortable gay town!







Michael and Scott  are married, probably, anyway  - they rented  their condo  to us for a steal of a deal. In my bedroom there was this piece of work, signed by the artist. The title also in the corner , difficult to see. Michael and Scott had never really looked at it , just thought it was a bit of unusual Asian art that came with the condo when they purchased it. Had all the right colors for the room and was innocuous. 

subtle much?

Michael , horrified after I sent him a text message with blown up photo,  no idea  - fair enough, there's not a lot of "Pussy Face" art about  ( the title , off to one side , difficult to see). Pretty sure that the painting will be elsewhere when M and S move back into their condo.... hilarious. 

I managed to read all of your blogs, by the way, I could not post or comment because my IPAD is ancient and only does minimum requests, like turns on and turns off... I am hopeless using my phone too. I have been keeping up with you though, loving your blogs so much! You are all so smart and sassy, love you dearly! Xx


22 comments:

  1. You're back! I missed you. I hope you had a lovely time. I like seeing the girls sitting in the sun. That painting is "something else!" I never would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out.
    I am also "beyond angry" so far beyond that I'm ignoring most of the news and being happy instead. Yet the Ukraine war goes on and your country is still banning essential books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our country is in the shitter entirely! Waving Ukrainian flags all over the town is nice but not helpful really. Biden is being a weenie and the dems are spineless.The rules have changed .

      Delete
  2. Ha! They will never look at THAT artwork the same way again! I love that you noticed it and they never had. Glad you're safely back home and I look forward to hearing about more of your PS adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up the artist and he is really quite well established, successful - this is his only pussy art so it may well be worth selling to buy groceries for the next month or two.

      Delete
  3. Just yesterday I was thinking, "Jesus, isn't it time for Linda Sue to get home?" And here you are! I probably would never have noticed the lady's mouth either. I think I miss about 92% of what surrounds me in the world.
    Anyway, welcome home. I am glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to be back- first time ever being glad to be back after a trip, I must say. Now I just have to keep my head clear and not allow the countries horror show infect me. Challenge!Been loving your blog posts as always, Dear Mary Mcnugget! The baby chicks are delightful.

      Delete
  4. Welcome home. I've missed your posts, and it's good to have you back. Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, New Robin! I thought of you when the desert sky was showing off. It was glorious!

      Delete
  5. The pussy face art is hilarious, in that Michael and Scott had not noticed what seems so very obvious once pointed out. And yes, let's say GAY. Let's proclaim it from the mountaintops! I am sorry you found the atmosphere so changed from what you remember. Sometimes, I am in despair from not know what to do about any of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon there is nothing BIG we can do about this nations fall taking with it all women, gay rights, and any other freedoms that jar the dictatorship. Vote, BFD! The revolution will be bloody and will be televised, from cell phones all over the the streets, until they are all confiscated and the owners lashed to brass rings in a concrete wall. Too far gone, is this nation. Dems are still playing by the old rules.

      Delete
  6. So I'm here on a slow afternoon at work, and "Oh, Linda Sue's back!" Scroll through, and what's this on my screen?! HA, how hilarious that M and S never noticed.
    I'm glad you're back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be back! Geez what a trip! Glad to see you!

      Delete
  7. Pussy Face. What a hoot. And republicans doing their best to take us back to the Dark Ages. Will they resurrect the Inquisition? I read many far right evangelicals are converting to the Russian Orthodox Church. Well, they love Putin so I guess it's not surprising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nothing surprises! We are being conditioned....

      Delete
  8. Welcome back and thanks for the gay pictures, in every sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sure! GAY say it loud! and all of the time! as well as "Abortions for all including the men folk!"

      Delete
  9. Yay! You're back. I did miss you. While you were gone the wheels fell off everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, and thank you for your blog, which I read while roasting in the desert sun and wind...I would say that it is going to get real interesting but civil war is not all that interesting is it?

      Delete
  10. I love the rainbow brickwork and all those colourful lightshades. The third picture looks like a heart or a lung with the vessels feeding in and/or out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back and LOVING those lanterns and all the wonderful photos. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie! Curious trip to the desert this time. Thrall is gone...

      Delete