My Blog List

Friday, May 13, 2022

along the way


 We  had been advised, " you must, absolutely MUST, drive to Joshua Tree  national park"!


It took a few hours and midway we stopped at these shops  because...obvious!


There is a stretch of road with little businesses across from one another and side by side, women owned and run. Of course they are cooler than anything in the desert, because woman!



The Hippie chicken shop sells chickens and eggs and chicken feed. 

She also sells fire wood , in case the desert is not hot enough for you!

The other magnificent shop,decorated so stunningly, is full of the most carefully curated goods. We were in a hurry, and by "we" I mean Dennis- and a good thing too, because I would have purchased a couple of elephants and a delightful embroidered  fancy frock.




Dear lord pull me up off of the ground- just look at these shit kickers!! Holy  Queen of the rodeo!Yes , would have had to have those as well.

 Dennis impatiently revving the engine - had to leave without a single purchase. If Stella had been on this holiday instead  of Mr. Man we would have had  to take out a loan, rob a bank, steal a wallet, knock off a rich granny, dip into everyone's  retirement funds- Dennis , I guess, saved the day! Got me out of there quick! Oh, but those boots! And the elephants!




I could have done well with a sweet young rooster too. I would send him to Mary in Lloyd , probably , to keep her girls happy , Liberace on his toes , an  additional morning alarm. It would have been great, but, sorry, Mary, Dennis was ,you know, REVVING. So....

Still had miles and miles to drive before reaching the "Utterly  incredibly, beautiful and amazing park". So said the  hyperbolic  recommenders ,  expectations  well in place-  heart racing excitement " we are going to see something beyond fantastic!!!! It is going to blind us with beauty!!" ... I will take you there tomorrow,  you can be the judge. On we go- Dr. Seuss plants ahead means we are close.  hang on to your bonnets!!! Oh boy Oh boy something spectacular near by.

6 comments:

  1. The six eyed lady made my eyes go twang, like spinning a button on a string. As for the shit kickers, OMG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There would be no mucking stalls in those boots!

      Delete
  2. What IS it with men and the need to get on down the road? I really do not personally need another rooster. Out of the four new chicks I have, I am counting on at at least three being boys. Because...that's the way it goes. But I appreciate the thought and I cannot believe you did not buy those boots. Be still my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, hurry up and get nowhere fast is their motto- and the boots, well now, I just might have to go back for those! AND the embroidered frock that you would have adored too!

      Delete
  3. The boots are fabulous! Sadly, I cannot wear boots without a flat heel. And no pointy toes either. Why can't all shops everywhere be so prettily decorated? Which girlette is that on the dash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tilly went along for the ride because the others were inventing a game that she was not interested in . You are right the pointed toe would probably kill anyone, not by kicking but by wearing.

      Delete