My Blog List

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Grannie day and neighbor's lovely garden

Grannie day with  a bouquet of babies.

The tiniest one is  new born, his name is Conrad, the biggest  little baby  is  one year old, Flora and Arthur are 7 months old. Such old fashioned names, everything old is new again! But "Conrad"? I dunno.Dennis wanted to name Erik - Conrad, I said "over my dead body", I am not dead - I won.


 

Flora reading to Arthur,  thrilling book ! "Bird Alphabet" these children are so smart they are already learning bird as second language. These children are SO smart they can sit up on their own- wow, what next? Driving  buses ?

Flora looks large in this photo, she's not. I can still tuck her in my pocket and she weighs about as much as half of my leg. 

This is the neighbor's pretty yard showing off. Ambition in the garden pays! Ours might be worth , maybe,  a nickle BUT we have wild life and they don't. Priorities....

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE Flora reading to Arthur. That's just the cutest photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then the book went into her mouth and she said "Babababab" - Arthur still intrigued...

      Delete
  2. That is a very pretty garden, but I don't see anywhere to sit and enjoy it.
    I love Flora reading to Arthur. They'll be crawling soon, then standing...walking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does go by too quickly, time is a trickster. That is just the front part of the garden , the private one is around back.

      Delete
  3. You should have entitled this one "Beauty Post." Look at those babies! Stella is the obvious most gorgeous baby of all, though. They are all so darling.
    And that garden is rather unbelievable, isn't it? Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you meant FLORA , easy mistake as Stella is also a beautiful baby, hahaha. What a treat the babies are! They aren't babies for very long as you know so must take advantage of this radiant time.

      Delete
  4. The garden is spectacular. However, you have wild life, for the win. It would be very nice if it would warm up! The geraniums are still not planted, they're still migrating between outside and the garage at night. There is still a boxwood to be put in the ground, and another ugly bush to be dug up. Winter was ok, but it's time to move on.
    I'm always surprised how babies can sit up so straight at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first year of babyhood going from a larvae to a walking child is very fast! Too fast for me , probably not too fast for the Mom... It is a wonderful thing when diapers are no longer a thing....and then ,years later, we move back into them but not as cute.

      Delete
  5. Arthur is as engrossed in that book as is Flora! Or else loading his diaper. Babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha likely both - he definitely has that look.

      Delete
  6. That IS a pretty garden. How do they manage their weeds so effectively, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are diligent! It is not a large garden in the front, the larger is around back.Not sure what that might look like, this is curb appeal.

      Delete
  7. Omigosh, all these babies! I'm on cuteness overload!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know they still made babies!
    But I can see why they do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babies keep being made- it is totally illogical but there you go...

      Delete