Dennis found a hummingbird deader than a door nail in the petunias. I don't think it was suicide. I think a rascal may have caught it and decided it was too pointy to eat.
Last year I saw the big Mama ,who died from Lion, catch a bird in mid flight and gobble it right up. So impressed with that girl that I did not even take into consideration that some little bird family is still waiting for their bug dinner. The baby raccoons are fun to watch, they play hide and SURPRISE! Then they act all cool , walk sideways, roll and tumble. They have no idea how challenging life as a grown up raccoon will be. I do not tell them.
So...Billionaires in space- meh....Here you will see Elon's fleet of penis's waiting for their turn to thrust into the wild blue yonder. They dream, they are here to say, rusting into the ground.
Speaking of which, I took a photo of Dennis's success at cleaning pennies. He left them too long and there was nothing left but copper crumbs.
The photo turned out to be a video so....
Still can not perfect photo taking with my phone.
Anyway, he took his hoard of coins to the machine in the bank to sort- $89.00. nickels dimes pennies and a few quarters. Payment for clearing out part of the garage, thank you.
These are really "digesters" from the pulp mill, bet you believed me about the Elon thing...






Those dahlias are beautiful. We have dinner plate dahlias in our front yard. This year was the first year since we bought the house that we did not protect them from the hungry slugs that keep them from shooting up their early leaves. Still, without our attention, they are slowly making their way.
ReplyDeleteReally a bummer about the hummingbird.
Love seeing the raccoons there.
You would likely love watching them too.Little plump wild things. Dahlias astonish me every year!
DeleteI did wonder about the Elon thing, thinking maybe a fleet of rockets that hadn't made the grade. Love the little raccoons, so sad about the hummingbird though. Perhaps he or she was old and ready to die, perhaps the heat was too much.
ReplyDeleteyes, I like to think the hummingbird must have just cozied up to the petunia and called it a day.
DeleteOnce, as a newlyweds, my man and I were broke and the A/C went kaput and we lived in an apartment on a main street over which screamed ambulances, police sirens, and fire trucks from the hospital, police station, and fire house a block away in three different directions. Trucks unloaded for the supermarket below our window at 5 am each morning, and in the projects across the street, boom boxes blared late into the humid summer evening. It was the 80s after all. We had jars of pennies, which we emptied and counted. (Ha, the point of the story!) We racked up more than $200, which was enough to fix the A/C, our salvation from the summer heat and noise. We felt rich indeed.
ReplyDeleteWOW, that is incredible- that many pennies must have taxed the structure of your apartment. What a story! AND that you counted them??? You have super powers!
Delete$89.00 in nickels, dimes, pennies, and quarters! That sounds like the start of a math word problem. Lovely flowers that someone else can maintain.
ReplyDeleteMy cat used to catch birds similarly to your mama raccoon. It prompted me to take down our bird feeders as they were functioning more as cat feeders
Yes, other people's flowers. And other people can feed the birds. We took ours down after the pine siskin started dying all over town from sharing disease at the feeders.
DeleteOur cats, when we had them, were not flyers, they stayed close to the ground and brought in vermin, eww , thank you, cat.
I put my fingers in my ears and hum "baby raccoons, baby raccoons"
ReplyDeletethe absolute BEST coping skill!!
DeleteI didn't know you were funning, so I wasn't fooled. That whole Elon scam is such a scam. A John Glenn reinactment. Did they even get out of their seats?
ReplyDeleteBillionaires are disgusting pretty much, Elon is first in line.
DeleteThose digesters ARE very space-age. In a kind of retro way. Too bad about the hummingbird, but I guess that's nature!
ReplyDeleteThose dahlias are fabulous. As for the billionaires -- Bah!
ReplyDeleteMy husband keeps his change in a box on his dresser and when we go to Cozumel, he exchanges it for dollars which we then exchange for pesos in Mexico. It is a ritual.
ReplyDeleteI have sent you an email but I want to say here too that the treasures you sent me have made my heart and eyes so happy. I can't thank you enough.