My Blog List

Friday, July 16, 2021

so much for discipline





Yesterday I took a load to the Assistance League,  decided to NOT go in to check things out because I knew that coming away empty handed would not happen, and didn't I just get rid of a load??
I went to the grocery across the street, Bought the usual PLUS a single piece of apple pie, it was delicious, I ate it in the car and destroyed the evidence. Ok, then, feeling a rush of sugar I decided to go back to the League just for a quick peek. 
Chatted with a friend who was shopping, she  just quit her job to take care of her ailing brother, two days after she quit, her brother went to hospital with pneumonia.She reckons he is on his way out  - he has been  scrimping and saving for over four years and will be able to afford the 8,000 bucks for burial, cheapest  pine box, cheapest plot, no funeral, no fuss. 
Death the umerkan way.
Anyway, I did buy a thing,  Gofun  doll from Japan. Gofun means dust, ground from oyster and other sea creatures that leave pretty shells behind to make a gorgeous porcelain like substance, Better than porcelain, it has such a natural feel and color. Granted, this dolls eyes are a little bit creepy, creepier when they close because they do not close fully. I love this doll and might keep her around for awhile. Creepy and beautiful.
I am going  to 
Emilie's this afternoon to have a bite and a wish, and to leave all of the "welcome baby" Hanna Anderson wear along with other things, Butt paste, binky, bib, that sort of Walgreen stuff...all in  the basket that I made as well as a legit PACE flag from Italy and the felted fetus for whatever reason.  Some say the baby will be early, I hope so for Emmy's sake, 

 

13 comments:

  1. Poor girl is SO pregnant, She is a small woman so the baby is about her size already! Oh dear. That is only the second basket I have made, it does not come easily for me- I did felt the fetus, and that was a snap! We like doing things that are easy I think, Basket weaving is not one of them. Thanks, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what the pink thing was, then I read felted fetus. Laughing at you eating the evidence in the car. I've done similar, eating the evidence before the kids got home from school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eating apple pie in the car is a super power!

      Delete
  3. "Felted fetus" -- LOL! So funny that you couldn't resist going into the thrift shop. I get that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst thing is that I was rewarded! The Assistance league always has really good stuff- They do not accept everything, just the best.

      Delete
  4. A felted fetus! Best thing I'll read/see all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pin cushion fetus, maybe, if one so had the need.

      Delete
  5. ooo, I've done that. bought a treat for me alone and then destroy the evidence. painter, felter, basket maker. is there anything you don't do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fabulous glass! I would well and truly mess that up or hurt myself!! And I do not do yoga!

      Delete
  6. I love the gofun dolls---you may know I got two myself this year. I can see why people think their eyes are creepy (often), but they don't creep me out. I think they have a lot of soul in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a pensive look, and expressionless expression of sweetness and wonder. I like them.I have two others so, three is a good number.

      Delete
  7. I love your new gofun doll. I don't think her eyes look creepy open but the partially closed might be a little weird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the BEST gift giver.
    And that doll is a beauty. Those little lips. Those tiny, precise eye-lashes.
    I, too, like the felted fetus.

    ReplyDelete