Some folks grow tomatoes, we don't.
we grow bugs in green golf balls.
On the deck this morning- this raccoon by the worm house didn't mind my company. It did not run away, but then why would it. I am not in the mood for harassing wild life. I am in no mood at all-
Which is to say, CRANKY. Why? I say why not.

I picked tiny flowers to stick into the tiny salt shaker by the peaceful globby freak sheep. Dennis is reading trivia out loud. Some sharks can live for hundreds of years ,what a drag! But then I suppose Sharks do not get old, they just swim around, eat stuff and then one day, BOOMPH- they explode. At least dolphins get high, a life more interesting- they milk puffer fish and then pass it around the pod. everyone takes a hit, starts acting like folks living in Hawaii- laid back, floating, relaxed in the ebb and flow. A little bit of poison is rad, dude. I keep trying to tell people that- Just a little bit of opium please, send soon. I am cranky - you could be so helpful-poppy goo, I want some, just enough to get through the holocene extinction joyfully , thank you.
I bet you couldn't do that with a pepper shaker!
ReplyDeleteI knit socks for a young woman in Wisconsin. Every time she gets a pair she sighs, "Oh, dope!"
Right , the pepper shaker would not do.
DeleteAt least the flowers in the shaker are cheerful, even if you aren't right now. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day?
ReplyDeleteYes, Cranky - the cheerful tiny flowers should be my focus.
DeleteDo dolphins really milk puffer fish?! That alone is proof of their intelligence! I get feeling discouraged. My advice: Concentrate on your world, rather than the bigger picture, which you can't do anything about anyway.
ReplyDeleteDolphins take turns squeezing a puffer fish a little bit at a time, the dolphins get high and then play with the puffer football after it has been "used". Isn't that clever!
DeleteI want to read Michael Pollan's new book. I heard an interview with him and he was talking about poppies and opium. Jessie and I agreed that a spot of poppy tea would sometimes be just the thing.
ReplyDeleteTea would be acceptable...every morning just to get into the right frame of mind. Life is but a dream...
Deletedo you think there are dolphin fun police that break up the puffer fish parties?
ReplyDeleteno opium around here. a stiff drink and a couple of hits of pot have to do the trick.
well, a shark might put a damper on the dolphin party, especially a hundreds year old shark who is cranky!
DeleteA stiff drink and a spliff is a number that is true, Opium on the other hand is a feel good all over , dreamy reprieve.
You are an artist, your mind traveling at the speed of light. Too much thinking about the world makes us cranky. But how to stop? Ah, escape, oblivion, the gentle kind. I get you.
ReplyDeletethank you! If THE Poppy were legal I do believe that gun culture would cease to be, that we could all gracefully lift off exiting the planet before the big shift.
DeleteOur tomatoes are wondering why we planted them when there's obviously not enough sun to coax them out of their little nub of a green ball state. We wait and hope for more sun.
ReplyDeleteThe Holocene Extinction is on its way. It's mutating into various forms of viruses and sending its little puffs of extinction around the globe. It's coming, get your opium soon!
Carl Sagan told it, this earth/human /extinction way back- dolphins know what to do...We are well and truly into it now. I thought there might be more future, as we all did, I suppose. One good thing for the cosmos is that humans are particular to this planet alone.
DeleteI can't believe I clicked out before clicking to publish the comment so trying again -- and yes, you DO grow crazy tomatoes. But I love that baby coon is so trusting of you.
ReplyDeletetomatoes not the success we were hungry for. I think that word is out on the raccoon streets about our "safe house". For now anyway, no lions have shown themselves lately.
DeleteBad luck with tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteBetter luck with opium poppies?
Though it looks legally risky to grow them in any quantity, would they really notice if you were milking a few ornamentals among your other garden flowers, like dolphins milk puffer fish. (Not so nice for the football fish, sounds like...?)
On the risks... and the technique:
https://www.livescience.com/59452-why-opium-is-grown-outside-us.html
I stopped by my son's place last week, and their garden is thriving. Thick, healthy tomatoes and other stuff. Four college dudes, wth?? All I grow is weeds.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, please pass the puffer.