My Blog List

Monday, February 15, 2021

snowmagedon, robins, journal

Mind the stairs, Welcome to our house,  suspended in space...


Neighbor girl shoveling her way down the drive.
Chubby snow, indicating more moisture, which means that by tomorrow we may be back to grey days of endless rain, higher temperatures and a step closer to spring, they claim. 

The robins have already heard the news. Holy cow ! The Cherry tree is rocking with robins! 






A couple more  entries into covid journal, Sarah's amazing little  hand made, hand sewn book! Just a couple of quickies in between cups of tea and whatever else. The day's  a blur . 

Walk down to the mail box through the snow, it is empty- which is the only reason I realize that it is Sunday. 
 

Covid tango- six feet apart.


 When this one  is tipped the silver coins fall around the money tree that is growing , somewhere.                             



Dennis ,stuck inside his head phones- sometimes three Webinars a day, I, downstairs doing  something, I forget what - not even important enough to bother with - missed a visitor . Our Emily  came  with a bouquet of flowers for Valentines day and to introduce her  love, John. I would have said "her John" but that does not sound right...anyway I missed my girl,  she, too polite to just come in, too polite to bang harder on the door. They had  walked over in the snow.  Bless them...Today I will make gluten free coffee cake or something but it must be gluten free for Emily, they will come over again on Tuesday- will text first. - there is a surprise, a good one.

Got up at 4:00 am, fed a starving raccoon peanuts and an egg, had a cup of coffee- peaceful and quiet at that hour. Nice to have the space , alone,  just me and the raccoons in the dark - another cup of coffee,  I am up and running! Today will be just packed with activity- wash a dish, do a laundry, clear a space, make a cake, clip a  toe nail that seem to grow an inch every night-  weird! Toe nails and hair have a life of their own it seems- covid growth. Today I am bloody well tired of it.YOU?- yes,  I think we can agree. Ok, no more snow pictures, I promise- onward into spring, probably, maybe, we'll see....and no more moaning about stay at home covid - going on year two. WOW,  no vaccines in our town as the virus mutates...bloody hell. 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful art, as always! Your handpainted journal provides an incongruously cheery vision of this pandemic. I can't believe you were up at 4 a.m. feeding raccoons! At least you had coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Steve, that is a generous comment. It is nice getting up at four as long as there is nothing going on, and there is NOTHING going on!

      Delete
  2. Chubby snow, such a perfect description. I love your art journal, as always. Your colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, We do love a bit of color. Snow is melting wuickly now, so that was our big winter deal!

      Delete
  3. spring, well under, has been canceled this year down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be tardy! One mark against spring!!

      Delete
  4. Our new snow is just beginning. I'm tired of it already! Love the Covid tango!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is how we dance these days- we don't! Stay warm, Jeanie. Be careful on the slippery stuff, it will try to trick you. I know this from experience...

      Delete
  5. I've quit working on hair. It can grow as long as it may.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scissored of a chunk the other night but it grew back overnight. I swear!

      Delete
  6. I like your little journal. The robins are amazing, I've never seen so many all in one tree at once. We don't have robins here, or maybe we do but not the same kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this?
    I'm glad to know that you are still painting in your covid journal. Your blog is a sort of covid journal, too. I suppose that all of ours are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Linda Sue, thank you so much for recording our lives as the "Covid Tango." It certainly does feel that way on some days. But your depiction...so much more elegant and mysterious. I am grateful for each step that looks as I planned and regret the ones where I trip all over myself. But then, that could be during any time period regardless of the time of covid.

    ReplyDelete