My Blog List

Saturday, February 13, 2021

ski to the store, Marden takes the twins out


This is how to get around for the next couple of days, Pretty sure this snow is  going to be short lived. 

Sleds dusted off, but the snow is light and fluffy, not enough ice beneath to make a great, neck breaking  ride down the hill.  Oh man, remember the days! We used to climb the hill where the water tower for the town was, it leaked and  the entire hillside became an ice ride. With jumps! Dang, I should not be alive...





Under the deck the snow was just a whisper, seems I was followed by a crow.


Marden thought it a good idea to wear the Santa  suit, grab the twins and go for a ride. They tried a little hill first so that the twins could get used to it.




they  are hearty, took to it like they were born in a blizzard! 



 Gravity happened-  down the hill licketty split. The sheet of snow covering our sign slipped in an attractive way, further aggravating the trumpians as they drove by too slowly because - slippery road! Usually they speed by so that they do not have to see that Black Lives Matter.  




  It's difficult to be a ninja  in the snow- beautiful out there. The birds just carry on, little miracles!


17 comments:

  1. I love Marden's Snowsuit and taking the twins sledding is a great idea. The heel print in the snow looks like a surprised face with Crow's feet hands coming up to the O mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH COOL, you are right!! That is such a great thing to see, I would have missed it if not for you!

      Delete
  2. brrrrr. I'm glad Marsden and the twins enjoyed it. I'll stay inside and watch from the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely out there - from the window, with a hot cup of tea

      Delete
  3. Oh, how I love Marden and the twins!
    And you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since there is only one winter suit Marden decided it was hers because she is a little bit bossy that way. The other's stayed in , drinking chocolate. AND you, I love you!

      Delete
  4. Brrrrr...looks like everyone has been slammed by winter at once! We're finally thawing out here. I have never been on a sled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that sled riding was not part of your childhood- So much fun, and danger! I had a great sled, lovely old wood with a control bar at the front, left or right, and if i wanted to stop I could just roll off of the sled or turn into a drift.

      Delete
    2. Or run into a tree! (I only did that once.)

      Delete
  5. The twins seem to be having fun despite their near-nakedness!
    Nice snow pics and action shots. We're also in a snowy deep freeze. I'm watching people snowboard on my computer from the warmth of my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't is grand! The snow just became MORE this morning. It's awesome!

      Delete
  6. Whoa! Marden and the twins in that last (3rd) photo of them are really picking up speed!
    Ready for the luge...?

    What beautiful snow---I keep saying, and your photos show:
    we can't travel far in the pandemic, but there's so much amazing stuff around us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true, slowing down to not even a crawl has been a welcome change. I live in a beautiful place.

      Delete
  7. I hear it's coming my way. A delay or detour would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You already have had a pretty good winter of snow and cold. Maybe it will side step you and move on, spreading its joy elsewhere.

      Delete
  8. The twins need a sleigh blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marden is DEFINITELY having fun! Keep cozy!

    ReplyDelete