My Blog List

Friday, February 19, 2021

promising


Finally got out this morning to go to the Co-Op- to buy organic carrots, organic chicken raised with love, killed with gratitude  and ceremony, she had a name and it was "Helen". Man outside in our much warmer weather ,drumming - singing native songs to welcome the weather and goodwill. He does not look happy but he was, absolutely joyous. 

heartier flowers are out already, like overnight from arctic blast to spring frolic!  *snap* just like that.


Thinking about gardens already, too. Herb gardens anyway, though there were kale starts mixed in there.


This is our representative , 40th district, Democrat surprise surprise, Deborah Lekanoff, born in Alaska, went to school in central Wa. She is AWESOME!! Doing such great work, super ambitious and conscientious . One of the reasons to live up here, the politics are correct - except for the fascist neighbors down the street. Oh, and the several hundred out in the county...Anyway, beside the point, Color returns, warmer weather is here and we are being sung and drummed into  better times. (or so it seems at this moment) and our representative is promising.


 

16 comments:

  1. I'm ready for warmer weather! tomorrow for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss the political climate. We knew AZ was going to be full on wingnuts, but we were not expecting state representatives to compare non-binary people to chickens, and things like that. It's hard to know what makes then tick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I have not heard that! Crazy, baby!!! They would not last long up here, best they stay in AZ! Dear lord!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope it makes you feel cosy! The sun today was astonishing!

      Delete
  4. A veritable rainbow of flowers there! How lovely that you are feeling warm again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tease, warmth will not stick around long, it is still winter, but how refreshing the color and the flowers are!

      Delete
  5. Someone has been busy in a greenhouse! What a beautiful, colorful post in all ways. I wonder what it must be like to live in a place where the people are so forward-thinking. I'll never know...
    I hope that Helen was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen will find her way into the pot today. She is plump and will make a lovely congee. Forward thinking in most ways, Washington state, great governor and AG who stood up to trump, which is why we were put on the trump list of " eff you guys". however, one need not go too far inland to find the cult foaming at the mouth.

      Delete
  6. Ah yes, I recognize all those flowers from our own garden. I hope you enjoy Helen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. having Helen for dinner, and for lunch tomorrow and for left overs all week.

      Delete
  7. I don't think I'll see flowers outside for several months. this is a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A brief glimpse of warmer weather, today it is cold and cloudy. February is the worst!

      Delete
  8. You've seen "Colin the Chicken" sketch on Portlandia, haven't you?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G__PVLB8Nm4

    Now I want flowers!!! So bright & colorful---like your rep's clothes!
    Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I did see Colin the chicken and that is not far from the truth...

      Craving color!

      Delete