My Blog List

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Doll circus, I ate three beagles, a marriage.

Stella came by with a late valentine, We ate cake and pesto brioche, with two cups of tea.  Stella and her pup, Lucy from Russia,  stayed until we caught up with each other , which actually took about five minutes as there is nothing going on- well, Stella has become a GREAT gramma! And the child is remarkably gorgeous...Too far away to go see her and there is covid to consider, always...anyway, it was beyond great to see Stella and have a natter. Speaking of NATter. 


Nat decided to teach the new beagles some tricks to star in her circus. They are very short. Nat was patient-

giving them every opportunity and much encouragement  to accomplish jumping through the hoop.


They did not comply, ( so, I ate them) Nat was not sad about that because another animal ,much better  at tricks, showed up! The very clever, Mr. Cat that Sarah made from stabbed wool.

"I can do that easily," Mr Cat  said, "with my eyes closed!". 

Voila! First try, perfect! YAY Cat!
They are a great team , Nat and the Cat, and the little beagles, well, they are not good at jumping but they are good at being eaten.  Every body is good at something.



Nat was not expecting an audience as today was the day that Maple and Marden were  playing marriage. Nat knows all about that and she said "CORN, I will have a famous, not boring,  circus event instead."


Mr. church man announced, " We are gathered here to get marriaged ,united  by an unbreakable bond, forever until tomorrow"  " All in favor, say aye."  Everyone shouted AYE! Church man said "AMEN. SWELL"



He accepted  a heart shaped stone as payment, and wished them well, to honor and cherish and behave , at least until dinner time. "You may now hold hands". And they did.


They asked me to  take a formal photo of the event . They looked their best! Maple is wearing a high fashion  panty veil borrowed from large Barbie's underwear stash.  It's FRENCH + three dresses because each was just as good as the other, not one got left out.  Marden wearing her "be Brave hat" with an outfit put together by Maple, Good job that she has a sense of style.. It was a splendid affair. 



They had heard many stories, from Nat who is well versed in all things, about what is marriaged for most folks. Nat said  that from  a book she learned that mostly the married went to live sometimes together and sometimes not- in a rather nice dog house for a good deal of the time, especially if one or the other got too sassy. Which suits Marden and Maple just fine. There are still a few beagles left, now they will have a place to live, at least until dinner time.  All is well.


Don't worry, I did some adulting today, honest! Laundry, made congee out of Helen,  listened to Dennis read from his family tree thing, a diary of sorts.. His great grandfather bought slaves  in order to free them and give them land to call their own. And that is the kind of  stuff from which Dennis is made.

Better hope this covid thing does not last  a whole other year, sanity is slipping.
 

22 comments:

  1. I love Nat's circus performances and the wedding is adorable. So much fun at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is a lot of nothing going on so...you know what they say about being idle. We just can not allow that to happen- dig through the drawers, find things that may spark an idea and take a photo. My life in a nutshell about now.

      Delete
  2. Dennis is a good man. And his ancestors were good people too. What a story!
    I'm glad you got to see Stella and share some time.
    And on top of everything else- a circus AND a wedding! So festive! However, I must point out that the minister is a little scary despite his smile which actually makes him look even more sinister. I'm sure he's a fine person, but It would appear that his mother might have been consorting in the frog pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The church man is from Prague, so maybe that explains his overall "look". He has a son who looks just like him but shorter.
      Breath of fresh air , seeing Stella Bella. Can you believe that she is a GREAT grandmother??? She is way too young.

      Delete
  3. The Church man is delightfully creepy. I can't help but wonder if Barbie took offense that her underwear stash was raided for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Barbie is dead, she died a long time ago when Erik removed her head. Kept her "things" because they are mini and can be used for other dollies, you see.

      Delete
  4. Dennis's family history is intriguing. I'm glad he's writing it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. his Auntie wrote it , did all of the research, there are other things in the diaries not quite so wonderful but this was a good find.

      Delete
  5. Helen Congee could be someone's stage name. Those beagles are very cute, and I LOLed at your "They did not comply -- so I ate them." Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things lying around the house, staying in the house brings them out of the closet so to speak. Great stage name, someone exotic perhaps?

      Delete
  6. I admit to never having seen a licorice beagle!
    I read the beginning of that sentence: "His great grandfather bought slaves..." and openly gasped. Then I read the rest. What a ride. Good stock, that Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good thing to find, however, as in all families there are devils and angels. We found a few devils...

      Delete
  7. haha thank you Barbara, inspiration from FRESCA! She has MANY little red haired girlettes who do the most remarkable things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And that is what happens!! Fair warning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, at least you haven't forgotten how to play and make believe. and that cat looks suspiciously like a dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure it is a cat, A short one with a generous tail. A tail that could do damage if provoked!

      Delete
  10. It's certainly a grand bit of happenstance that Stella appeared with dogs and a cat to inspire Nat. Also good of Barbie to leave her lacy undies behind for Maple to make fine use of for her veiled affair, I mean, marriage. (Gawd, I miss you, and love how you play and entertain us all.) Re: slaves in the family. It's a good bit to know about the family member who bought slaves to free them and give them land. It seems that would be a rare thing. Yesterday, I found out that one of my ancestors owned a slave who he freed in 1853 before picking his family up from their homestead in the Missouri territory and heading to California. The freed slave, Lucy, decided to go with them--I'm guessing because she didn't know how else she would survive or where her family was or how safe she'd be staying, don't really know, though. I researched Lucy as far as I could and found that she was labeled a mulatto and was 20 years younger than my ancestor. He left her his home when he died, with instructions that it go to his heirs after her death. She was called a "servant" at the time of his death in 1873. All tidbits that leave me hungry for more details. Slavery is shocking to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. history is shocking! And the history that we are making is shocking- humans are shocking! I think the earth has given us a fair shake and now it ready for a breather!
      Lucy's story is wonderful. Not all are that un-cruel. Hoe to see you soon!!!

      Delete
  11. I've read and agree with all the foregoing comments. Every one, from licorice dogs to freeing the slaves. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr Cat the Acrobat!!!
    Nat looks so pleased---"I knew someone could do it".
    Of course it was Sara's creation to the rescue.

    Linda Sue, your girlettes are living the life. Marriaged and cirused too, and on the same day!

    My favorite bits here are the headgear--the "be Brave" hat (part of a sock or glove, was it?) and the Barbie underwear veil--with pigtails sticking out.

    I have raided some Barbie clothes too, though as you say, they are built so strangely, they have to be adapted.

    Future people will look back at the awful things we do and find them incomprehensible. ("You knew you were killing the planet and you drove a car?")
    Not to say owning a person is the same as driving a car! I just mean, each era has its evils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresca!! Thank you for inspiring a girlette world here in my own kitchen! Another perk of Covid 19. Taking us out of this reality into another.
      We are in for a rocky road ahead, no doubt. Rockier than previous roads in that this planet is the only one we have and humans have buggered it beyond redemption. We adapt well usually but this time it is existential, human species on the way out.

      Delete
  13. There is much to be said for giving adulting a skip now and then! A lovely post indeed and sounds like a very good day!

    ReplyDelete