My Blog List

Saturday, February 13, 2021

ideal weather for the plague year

Good morning! This is the Irish  golden spruce on the porch, "protected " from harsh weather. And the snow keeps coming down- over four inches on the deck which is not bad really, especially considering that we have not had a good downfall this year.




This lump is my car.  
Pretty sure the Trumpians are pleased about our sign in the yard. They are still at it , being all Q-
anon crazy -though have removed their banners and replaced their lit up trump sign with a "We The People " sign.  Thank you, LORD!! Now if you could just give them a nudge off the edge of the flat earth, that would be swell. 


The humming birds are disappointed. The raccoons snuggled somewhere in the forest to wait this out. 



Having not taken down the  Christmas  lights, ( conscientious that way, especially in  this  year of the plague), I am glad to  have lights and  a bit of sparkle- there are no seasonal  rules.  Also glad I did a grocery run yesterday! It is snowing more now, likely through the day. I have Chicken and peppers and Scoops to see us through. 

 


Lunch on the deck? Anyone?
 
I had not been to the grocery for at least three weeks- the entire store has been  remodeled in that time- the deli taken out, everything  prepackaged in rows of plastic  containers.  I bought biscotti in plastic! Covid safety , you understand, no thought to the  anti plastic- save- the -earth movement that was well on its way before C-19. 

One step forward, two giant steps back. 

So, this is our morning here in the northland. Glad for the snow, no where to go. Maybe I will wash the floors today (probably not) Or clean a room ( definitely not) or take a long hot bath in the soaker tub (most likely) eat biscotti with tea ( most certainly).  Stay well, y'all.  Stay warm.


https://fb.watch/3DVwj6QhE0/-----ride from Lummi island to the res

11 comments:

  1. So much snow! It does look lovely. I told Ms. R. King that her yard looks like an enchanted forest. Which I am sure actually is.
    Glad you got to the store. Every time I think that I'm done shopping for weeks I start running low on something like coffee and that cannot happen.
    Sigh.
    Stay warm, beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has only been a day and already my supplies have diminished. Will resort to pasta...LOVE Xx

      Delete
  2. the best kind of snow...in pictures. getting frigid here. have covered half the yard it seems like. tomorrow night in the teens, Monday night in the single digits. I'm not liking this. store was crowded yesterday but the dog, cat, and birds have food. the people too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as everyone is fed, everyone seems happy. I have been eating stuff all day, I am happy. Dennis put a little heater under the hummingbird feeder but they are suspicious. They have not been back.

      Delete
  3. I think three weeks might be a sweet spot for groceries. When we went to Aldi this past Tuesday, we discovered that the place had been remodeled in our absence. We used to be in one or more stores every two days or so, picking up things here and there. It was a diversion. Not now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's up with that? Did Aldi contain everything in plastic? Remove the deli? Short sighted , much?

      Delete
  4. The whole country is in the grip of the artic vortex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here in South Australia our temperatures are rising into the mid to high 30C's this coming week, around 95F to 98F. It's been a cooler and wetter summer for us this year and I am grateful.
    I like seeing the sparkle of Christmas lights any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lights too and happy for them! We're due for five inches tonight. Tomorrow is my covid 2 shot -- hope that's all we get and I can get out!

    ReplyDelete