My Blog List

Friday, January 22, 2021

sky of all sorts, tiny studio

Moody sky  , in all three directions. trying to decide which direction to take. I went to the studio yesterday to either break up with it , fully prepared to move out having cleared out the back of my Forester, or to think it over.

The floor had been newly mopped, the building empty,  nostalgic. Frank's art on the wall looking so cheerful. As i walked down the hallway, I did think it over. Decided to keep on keeping on- paying rent and not using the space as all of us have been doing. Empty studios, cold building. covid.


My  tiny closet studio waiting so patiently, yearning to be put together in some new way...large felting projects will not happen in this size room maybe some painting but, when covid gets over itself , everyone will return and we will again be a community ,  after all, that is the best part of having a studio in this old chicken hatchery above the dairy. I am encouraged now , paid two months rent and thought about the colors again for the door. Now that Home Depot is questioning the Grifter family   and its contributions to the  regime-I may go there to buy  paint today.  I have been boycotting Home Depot.

Time to move forward. Feelin' it!

This is the sad photo through a dirty window, tiny studio. It will get better.
 

18 comments:

  1. Home Depot is still supporting the Sedition Caucus, in particular Hawley and Cruz. When we lived in Issaquah, we used a lot of Rodda paint. No idea what their political affiliations are. A studio would be nice, so would the community it forms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good to know!!! I will continue my boycott and go elsewhere for paint. I should have thought about buying local anyway, we have a local paint shop downtown where the homeless shuffle.

      Delete
  2. It will get better. I believe that.
    And I'm glad you're keeping your studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Mary. You are right, things will get better, they have to! And then I will be glad that I kept my foot in the studio door.

      Delete
  3. Your sad photo looks like a water color. So happy you're sticking! There are no finer friends, no better community than fellow artists. How I missed being with them for months, years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that window has been cleaned for years! I am excited to spiffy it up. The company up there is superb when it is actually there. AND there are dogs!

      Delete
  4. Good for you for buying local.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In time it will be your home away from home and it will be lovely. I'm with you on the Depot. They got better marks recently but for a long while, a long boycott. Can't wait to see the "finished" studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a while, But at least I have a couple more months rent paid for.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you are keeping your studio. it is waiting as is my new studio over at the shop. I have more baby ideas roaming around in my head so maybe I'll get over there soon. as will you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is challenging, I do not want to tempt covid, AT ALL!Our county got stupid over the holidays.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE your little studio!
    I'm looking to rent an apartment that's just one room---I'd be living in my own Doll & Toy Studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a dream of mine, to live in a place that is just studio with kitchen and bathroom. A place that makes sense!! Good luck on your search. The Girlettes are probably pretty excited.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you kept the studio. It seems like it's a good, healthy thing to have another place to go, when you have to get out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, it is a great place to go to collect thought is nothing else.

      Delete
  9. You have to know that I am beyond thrilled that you have decided to keep your studio and stay in the building. We will have our communing in community again. We have to. I hate to think I've paid all these months of rent for nothing but storage... In the meantime...dream your new door colors. (Stay away from that lot of colors newly created under the "Karen" name, though. So many ughs to declare after that news)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha No, I will like go for something tasteless and garish...because "linda".

      Delete