Drippy nose , rainy Sunday, rainy everyday. What a good coat this girl is wearing. Cold, sharp rain drops do not penetrate.
Spinning from the roof of the deck, A whirly thing that Dennis picked up at Cost Co a few years ago. Amuses the raccoons for about one minute. The wind has its way , the thing spins wildly in a restless nervous chaotic way. Its spinning sometimes makes me nauseous. Spinning or circular motions have made me feel nauseous since pregnancy, never bothered me before, but for 33 years now, I can not tolerate spinning. BURF... the object is kind of cool when it is not moving much.
We are stacked up to have two weeks of solid rain beginning yesterday- Trees are appreciative and the rivers are roaring. Raccoons don't seem to mind, relaxing on the deck, soaking wet ,as though on holiday, just need a Mai Tai with an umbrella and a pineapple, maybe a bowl of nuts and a cabin boi...
Raccoons are built for this.
Relax, embrace it.
Makes staying in that much easier. Naps are wonderful when the rain patters . Dark all day, peaceful.






You settle in for a week of rain like we do for a week of snow. Except, you don't have to shovel.
ReplyDeleteI sympathize with the queasy spinning thing. Mine is from the TBI, and I do it to myself, by looking aside; turning my head to look at something else. I cannot do it, a great unbalance runs through my body and I must shut my eyes and get my head back to the original position or I fall.
Wonderful raccoon pictures.
I am surprised that we can function on this spinning planet! This whirling universe, The feeling is with me all of the time.
DeleteSoaking wet raccoons are just as cute aren't they and you are so right about not having to shovel snow. No thank you!
My brother has trouble with spinning things, he has epilepsy and spinning things can bring on a seizure, so he looks away quickly. Mostly his medication controls it.
ReplyDeleteSorry, understandable, though i would not have thought so until it affected me. Vertigo is a terrible thing, antihistamines help somewhat but spinning things can catch one off guard.
DeleteNot raining here but gray as a zinc bucket. And cold. No raccoons but birds are at the feeder, undeterred. Cardinals and tit mice, a woodpecker, a blue jay.
ReplyDeleteI don't seem to take naps anymore. Hard to rationalize when you sleep ten hours or more a night.
Zinc bucket is a most apt description- "rationalize" , no longer works for us, really. nothing is rational. HAHA- you said "tit mouse"- and instantly I am nine years old. Nice to have a little wild life around the garden. I want to sleep through the next few months, dream life is so much better.
Deleteno rain here, the promised rain did not materialize. It's dry so I'll be out watering later. the raccoons only come out at night here, same with the possums.
ReplyDeleteI assume that your raccoons are lean. Ours are fluffy, plump and cuter than buttons. One on the deck at the moment purring in its chirpy way.
DeleteIt must be nice to have such dense, cozy fur!
ReplyDeleteI think it would be, especially in this water logged area. Besides, they do look like fashion trend setters , I could go for a coat such as theirs.
DeleteThat coon looks cozy despite the drippy nose.
ReplyDeleteI don't know that I could handle two weeks of rain. I'm addicted to sunshine.
it is more like an entire winter of rain up here, two weeks is nothing. A drop in the ocean, one might say. Every year I think, "NO MORE" ,but then spring rolls around just in time and i unpack my imaginary moving truck.
DeleteLOVE the spinner. And great photos of the little masked bandits. Well, maybe not so little anymore!
ReplyDeleteYeah, the little ones are still smaller than the big sister but they are getting substantially larger. Still purring and chortling like babies. Awww. they are so cute.
Delete