My Blog List

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Congratulations , all of us

Moments after the ceremony I had to document a glad moment in the little covid journal, Quickly , before i forget how very moving Amanda was, how magnificent!



I went to the grocery and got a few bananas, Dennis went to Cost co and got so many more! Green now but in two days they will be brown, there is  a small window of time, about twenty minutes that they are perfect for eating-  I am pretty sure Dennis had banana bread in mind. One of the few , very few, things that he can eat. Not much sugar, lots of butter and nuts, so maybe that balances the carbohydrate intake. Who knows. it is such a mystery disease.


Received a book  that I ordered a couple of week ago . It came with  bookmark and a list of things that we are able to control during the pandemic. Sweet.


 As the ceremony was nearing its end- a black shiny car drove through the neighborhood slowly. Honking its horn ,  two massive banners flying larger than the car- "Black Lives Matter" and one for "Biden and Harris". I was not quick enough to get a photo. Usually it's the Q-anon trumpian down the street going by in her decked out car - flags and trump  stickers and banners.  When she goes by my heart feels sick, as green and hard as a Cost co banana, . The black car that went by today gave my old heart a jolt of  lively corpuscle racing, a bit like being in love! 
Congratulations! - 
All of us! 




 

19 comments:

  1. Enjoy your future! Banana bread and otherwise!
    Lovely paintings, and what a thoughtful bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our future does seem so much brighter! Amanda for 2024!

      Delete
  2. It was a wonderful, magnificent day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you captured her perfectly and a good list of reminders and bananas that are still too green for me. but the blacker the more sugar so I guess just right for Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, he will not eat a green banana but he will eat banana bread,
      could be the amount of fat in the bread that makes it OK for him. who knows.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely perfect painting of Amanda! What a joyous page in your book. What a joyous day in our history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was cautiously watching the ceremony, waiting for some terrible thing to occur. But, nice surprise! it was amazing the entire way through! No body got bombed. So refreshing to not see the family of grifters!

      Delete
  5. I love the painting of Amanda! Fantastic! I've heard buzz that the Q-Anon people have turned on Trump, believing until the last minute that he was going to pull something out of his hat only to be disappointed. I wonder what your neighbor is thinking now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does not think- Q-anon and the white supremacists have double down at the moment- The Texas militia is planning to leave the Union and form their own. Blah blah blah...I do not think big corporations and Big Texas would comply.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to YOU too, Linda Sue!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So heartened- until...I read right wing bullshit, still as vile as ever. BUT they can not take this moment away- light has returned.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Isn't she about the loveliest young woman ever- painting her could never do her justice but I felt compelled to put her in my little covid journal. Along with George Floyd and Justice Ginsberg. What a time we are living, aye?

      Delete
  8. Your portrait is fabulous. And yes, I felt that same way about the flag-decked Trump boat on the lake last summer. Cold and hard like a Costco banana -- a wonderful analogy. Yes, I DO see banana bread in your future. I've been making cranberry, apple and pumpkin bread like a crazy woman and stashing it in the freezer. So nice to always have it at hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yum that sounds really good! Stashing in the freezer is wise...We eat it all as soon as it is out of the oven! (trump is GONE)

      Delete
  9. Green bananas: cold and hard or pure optimism? Interesting metaphor brought to you by fruit purchases... I love your painting of Amanda Gorman, Linda Sue. Amanda Gorman: the perfect combination of poetry and Grace wrapped up in one person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And did you see her leather trousers and boots! OMG, the girl is everything!

      Delete