Yesterday baking for the neighbors ( burning) Seems as though Dennis can actually eat banana bread without going into a diabetic coma- Just a small piece with equal amounts of butter, slides right through without registering sugar!Anyway, that is his Christmas treat though he did eat a cookie, snuck that one in without having to go to the hospital so all is well! He ate it quickly so that his body would not know.
Stella dropped by, we exchanged gifts.
Roses appeared on the table for my forgotten birthday-
This is my Christmas present from Dennis. Civil war, you say? I am so ready!
Another Dennis thing-
He installed a WTF light to help the sorry lemon tree. Holy cow, looks like we might be open for business! From the street it looks like an atomic explosion. I may have to take advantage of this new thing...grow medicinals, you know...for the war effort, send seeds, please. Poppies preferably.
This was a Christmas card from our neighbors along with a box full of homemade edibles. 100% accurate.I will leave you with the "holy flamingo dance club!" of Christmas surprises- Brighter than the star of Bethlehem.








Hilarious-especialy the card! Happy weird Christmas! Xx
ReplyDeleteIt is the weirdest Christmas ever! Can't wait till you and
DeleteAndy to come to our Flamingo club! By then maybe some of the medicinals will have grown.
I had a friend who, a long, long time ago expressed a desire to start growing poppies so that at the end of her life she would have the means to go out the way she wanted. I always thought that was brilliant. Have you ever smoked opium? I have always wanted to but it's never been offered to me. Wonder why...
ReplyDeleteWe had a semi-weird day here too but no gun belts, and no massive baking. Just a little baking and BTW- the bottoms of my hamburger buns burned. I have no idea why. They just did. Your presents are all fabulous. Not unlike you.
Love you...M
Opium is my most favorite thing on the planet, good thing it is illegal, very difficult to obtain, because I would if i could and be hook line and sinker on the floor with it, gone. I was not in this country when i ate opium more than twice.
DeleteBummer burnt buns- my oven gets too hot , the thermostat is off, when you get a new stove do not get LG.
my first husband and I managed to get some opium, black tarry stuff that that's what they said it was. perhaps we didn't smoke it correctly because I was sorely disappointed. and weird pink light. I thought grow lights were just, you know, like light only it came from a bulb.
ReplyDeleteDisappointment does not belong in the same sentence. Must have been manure...I thought the same about grow lights- we were wrong!
DeleteHappy Christmas, my friend. Dennis and I have the same response to sugar! Who knew that I just had to eat fast so my body wouldn't know! Enjoy your private flamingo dance club!
ReplyDeleteHappy Christmas , Love. Come to our flamingo club anytime! We will rock it!
DeleteSo I have lived long enough to see pink grow lights!
ReplyDeleteNo seeds here. I've been out of the business since before it was legal.
No seeds here either, but we do live very close to the middle school where I found a bag of weed in the bushes one day. Maybe just check again to find what is needed.
DeleteOh, yikes, that card really makes me wince! You know, a neighbor down the street has purple lights in their windows. I didn't stop to think it might be a grow light!
ReplyDeleteit is a shocking light, if this was not covid stay at home all of the damned time, and if this was not dark winter I would be less appreciative- plus our solar panels give us energy from the sun ( sort of).
Delete2021 Just HAS to be better!
ReplyDeleteBelated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! it is a fact that those with the more birthdays live the longest. Hoping we can stay strong enough to keep up the fight and smart enough to know when to quit. Keep that weird light on. It may be good for keeping away the blues or maybe bring in some hot reds and greens now the orange is finally fading. YAY!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!!! Bring in some greens . Thank you for the wish, happy Birthday to you too whenever - Hope you had a nice fam Christmas, Leenie! LOVE to you
DeleteHappy Birthday! (A little late). I love the ornament and the roses! As for opium poppies, it's just as well I don't have any access to those kinds of drugs. Opioids that I've had for legitimate pain were a little TOO good, if you know what I mean.
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays to you!
i hate opioids but opium is not the same, AT ALL! Just so you know for the future...hahaha
DeleteOh I must try that Diabetic friendly slides right thru ya Banana Bread Recipe then, if it won't register a thing and won't send me to Hospital either... a Christmas Miracle it is! *Winks* Love the Gifts your Friends brought you... Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteMerry to you too! A better year is coming!
DeleteMerry Christmas and happy lighting! Your stealth (to diabetics) baked goods look marvelous. Glad you're all prepped for civil war!
ReplyDeleteFeeling secure with my six shooters...feeling like life is a party with the bright pink light on all day. Oh yeah, it's good....Better homes and gardens perfection.
DeleteNow THAT is an interesting light! Glad you like pink and purple -- it actually looks pretty fun. Envious of the lemon tree. It sounds like a lovely day. Onward!
ReplyDelete