Finally, a walk through the neighborhood, the sky indecisive today, but it was sunny when I left home. I put one foot in front of the other remembering how to do that to waddle me down the road.
It has been a long time since I walked around the neighborhood, amazed my legs still work.
Everything looks pretty much the same.
Except that a few glimpses of seasonal changes are peeking out. Exciting- everyone out today was wearing masks and walking in the street far apart from one another. By "everyone", I mean maybe seven people all together. Streets are empty, no traffic. I can get used to this, really, there are some positives to being in stay at home mode for as long as we have been.
Shops are still shut.
heather stays healthy all year round. right now it seems to be anxious to get spring time rolling. I am sure this is just a tease, this day of partial sunshine- it always does that. There likely will be snow again and a few storms before spring- Always a trickster and i am fooled every damn year!









Anvils and TNT!
ReplyDeleteLiz and I were talking about the underlying anxiety and depression that so many of us carry now and I said that for me, even the idea of society getting back to "normal" brought its own special kind of anxiety. How weird everything is. But still, there is beauty.
"normal" does bring anxiety, the traveling at unnecessary speed. slowing down to a halt has made quite a difference in what to prioritize. Narrowing down what is truly important in this brief lifetime. Nature and loved ones- that is pretty much it. Carry on, you are doing this blip in time very well
DeleteAcme. what a crazy name for ice cream. Nice walk, thanks. I'd be happy if the new normal, when we finally get there, includes less cars and traffic. I wonder though, now that we've had time to adjust to a life without excess, if people will embrace it again when this is all over.
ReplyDeleteDepending on how long this continues, the lock down , the limitations, the need for essentials only- humans adapt rather well but are also spoiled babies so my guess is that they will jump right back into their former lives. Fewer cars would be great!
DeleteOh yes, I'm sure you'll have more winter before spring. It's still December, after all. But at least you're getting a sunny day, and how beautiful it is!
ReplyDeleteJanuary, February and March are all winterish months usually. "Usually" seems to no longer be the usual. A sunny walk is such a boost to spirits- today the clouds have come back , comfy in their USUAL place in the sky. You would love this area for walking! So many inner urban trails and abundant nature
DeleteI noticed that campaign signs are still out in your neighborhood too. Same here. Both sides. It's hard to let go till we know we can. Holding breath.
ReplyDeleteYes, the days are growing longer and it can stay light all the way home. I see a lot of campaign signs still around, too.
ReplyDelete