Sunny days, the cats are out in their fur coats.
This one came up to my feet and said "pet me", "purrrrrr-rrrrrr "and then said
"don't you dare pet me"...
Such a little tease.
Such a little tease.
the alleys are abundant with flowers, lavender everywhere! It is like walking through a Yardley factory.
lofty large white clematis
Each blossom as wide as my hand.
I have big hands...
This big blue bush is also successful, abundant! And smells like clover honey.
So strong and so sweet I nearly got diabetes walking by , the bees love this bush.
Not sure what this tuft was, It had a blue petal stuck to it.
It looks like the Luck Dragon from Never Ending Story.
It looks like the Luck Dragon from Never Ending Story.
Irish bells.
left over super fragrant wild roses.
The fragrance could knock you right down.
The vibrancy of color nearly put my eye out! Photo does no justice...
California poppies, loving this, the driest May/June on record.
Forest fires , brush fires, just waiting for a careless smoker/camper, or a kid with a large magnifying glass.
When I got to the book shop, I got lost in the choices, as we do. Heaven must be a book shop!
Ended up with a book from 1978, "The Lives Of Things" by Jose Saramago, short stories during the Salazar regime that paralyzed Portugal.
Finally got my new glasses and can read ...neck will be OK, Just have to not sleep on it - acrobatics and sky diving are out, probably. Anyway the nurse said that by this time my neck is well anchored and my head will not fall off- just take a pill and no wrestling.
DANG!
Glorious! And I love that fluffy cat's blue eyes.
ReplyDeletea very pretty come hither cat! I should travel with cat nip. The flowers in the alleys are so stunning this year! I am so glad that I can walk to town now. Not far , mind you, not how you and Steve walk!
ReplyDeletepretty flowers! love them all. glad the head is still screwed tightly to the neck.
ReplyDeleteGLAD! yes! There are still flowers to see, and borders to cross! need head screwed on tightly.
DeleteIf you can keep your head when all about you
ReplyDeleteAre losing theirs and blaming it on you;
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it.
(Kipling thinks this will make a Man out of you, too.)
Takes a lot of huevos to keep your head no matter what. Hang on to yours and stand up to the guys who think men are better.
make a man out of me, without aggression, without testosterone, without entitlement. Ok, I'll take it- always thought that growing a beard to hide the many chins might be a good idea!
DeleteYou are allowed to worry that a screw broke loose, and checking it up is so smart!
ReplyDeleteMy dad grew "oriental" poppies. Orange, with few petals in the blossom. That's all I remember. We took a plant with us when we moved thirty years ago. It survived, but never prospered. I took it from the old house recently and put it in my garden, where it promptly gave up all will and flopped over. I handed it off to my sister, and it is so happy in her garden. Let's hope for it.
wow, it certainly had the will to live...just the wrong soil maybe. I have also felt like that in this life! And yes, we bionic women must keep our screw tightened.
DeleteAmazing flowers! Don't you love this time of year? And cats -- they're so funny how they seem to want attention until you give it, and then suddenly you're the enemy. I've never read Saramago -- let us know how it is!
ReplyDeleteCATS, life is always on their terms. one of the reasons for their appeal I think. They would just as soon tell you to F-off while demanding dinner as they are to nestle beside you seeking warmth on a cold night...I love cats- without expectation.
DeleteVery nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.
ReplyDeleteดูหนัง